June 13 Poll Results

Who made the better looking Jedi Robe model?

Obsidian's Jedi Master Robe 57.2% (633)
BioWare's Jedi Robe 23.7% (263)
Obsidian's Padawan Robe 18.9% (210)
Start: 06-06-2008 01:12
Last: 06-13-2008 02:10

#1 - Posted by: A_L_I_E_N (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 02:36

Bioware ftw. :rock:

#2 - Posted by: Revan91 (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 02:52

Wow. Tough choice between the Obsidian choices. You can totally eliminate BioWare though.

#3 - Posted by: Ragnor25 (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 02:55

Obsidian made the better looking robes. BioWare look like they are glued to the back of your legs.

#4 - Posted by: Lord_AragornGR (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 02:57

This is so hard. I will pick none....

#5 - Posted by: Jasper_Kazai (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 03:32

BioWare's robes aren't robes, unless you're talking about the Star Forge ones. And I prefer Obsidian's Padawan robes, since the Jedi Master ones have like a crotch hole on them.

#6 - Posted by: Razgriz1928 (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 03:43

If you look on the Canon side, Obsidian did a good job with their robes as they look like an older version of what they look like in the prequels. But Bioware also did a good job with their robes but im going to have to go with Obsidian

#7 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 06:40

lol i remember when i got the Bioware robes for the 1st time.. i was like "WTFH??!!! THese AINT ROBES!!" then i got kicked by a spartan into the pit of death. fortunately at the bottom was a large pile of Obsidian's robes. so yeah i'm goin with obsidian's master robes :thumbsup: :beer: :donut:

#8 - Posted by: Tomo_Hak (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 08:00

Ya DarthHK is right when I first bought KOTOR I, I could not believe that they passed these "things" off as "Jedi Knight Robes" so i saw the commercial for KOTOR II with the new robes... that is one of three reasons i bought KOTOR II :mepimp:

#9 - Posted by: JCarter426 (Staff) on 06-06-2008 at 14:02

Hmm...I never liked BioWare's, but I never used Obsidian's...tough choice. I'm going to go with Obsidian's padawan robes. For some reason I can't take the master robes seriously, because they look like they belong in Futurama. :P

#10 - Posted by: Kamon067 (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 16:58

The Jedi master's robe by a lot.

#11 - Posted by: BIOShazard (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 18:18

Jedi Master Robe. Padawan Robe looks a little plain, while Bioware's look like a shirt and a kilt (Without the plaid)

#12 - Posted by: B3n (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 19:37

I prefer the robes from TSL. Technically, the "robes" from K1 are actually tunics. Also technically, I prefer the Baran Do Sage robes over any other type of robe (the poll is a little restrictive in its choices). I prefer the TSL robes because they're more familiar to the Jedi we see elsewhere throughout SW history. I've heard people say that K1's robes are better because it makes more sense to them to be different at the time period (i.e, before the prequel-style robes were around), but I don't really see how it would take 4,000 years to invent simple brown robes.

#13 - Posted by: wtfn00bz (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 21:23

Obsidian jedi Masre Robe; and btw there is a typo - it should be ' Who made the best* looking Jedi Robe model? ' lol :p

#14 - Posted by: Imperial_Scout_Trooper (Member) on 06-06-2008 at 22:33

Obsidian robes. Loved bioware robes too but obsidian robes were more like real jedi robes =]

#15 - Posted by: patient_zero (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 08:48

I prefer the mesh for the Obsidian Padawan robes, as the Master one is a bit too bulky for my tastes. Can't say much about the Bioware ones, though I have a vague recollection of them being hideous before I replaced them with 90SK's robes.

#16 - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 19:09

Jedi Master Robe-Because it looks like the ones from the Prequels

#17 - Posted by: Shads (Member) on 06-08-2008 at 15:46

Do you really think Jedi robes would remain all that similar for over 4000 years? Bioware ftw.

#18 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 15:19

yeah well, i find it much stranger that there was such a radical change in the designs of the robes over the course of only 5 years :rolleyes:

#19 - Posted by: B3n (Member) on 06-10-2008 at 08:44

Why wouldn't they be similar? They're just robes. It's not like they're something complicated, like a starship design.

#20 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 06-10-2008 at 15:43

well... now that i think of it, why do Jedi and Sith wear robes? i mean they don't offer too much protection and you'd think the force would be able to bypass the restrictions of armor. and well... does this mean i could put on my bathrobe get my hands on one of those fake lightsabers and then i have the image of a Jedi? just a thought