May 23 Poll Results

This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront

Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.

Did you know who Mandalore was in TSL?

Yes, I knew he was Canderous from KOTOR right when I met him! 57.2% (1012)

I didn't know at first, but I figured out he was Canderous before the end! 21.9% (389)

It was sometime after my first time playing TSL that I figured it out! 8.1% (144)

What? Canderous was Mandalore in TSL? No freaking way! 5.5% (99)

I didn't know he was Canderous until someone told me! 5.2% (92)

I still don't think Canderous and Mandalore are the same person! 1.8% (33)

Start: 05-16-2008 00:21
Last: 05-23-2008 02:45

#1 - Posted by: Saddo (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 00:33
It probably didn't register at first, but in the back of my mind. But I only figured it out at the end.

#2 - Posted by: DarthJebus05 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 01:12
My friend told me before I borrowed his game, so I knew before I played it.

#3 - Posted by: paulo999 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 01:34
lol i reconised the voice but couldnt put my finger on it until the end, dunno why.. just didnt seem like canderous at the time

#4 - #3 - Posted by: Saddo (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 02:30
That's what I meant.

#5 - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 02:42
i still can't believe some people don't know that. kreia actually mentions it at the end of the game! well, not in so many words, but..

#6 - Posted by: Saddo (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 02:56
That was the first time for me. But good point. It's shocking, it's mentioned everywhere. This is why you should seriously read Video's descriptions on Youtube.

#7 - Posted by: Jasper_Kazai (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 03:44
I knew before I started playing, because I got the game like a year late and I had been asking my friend some basic stuff about the game (he had it for Xbox). But even so, I could have figured it out right away. John Cygan is really recognizable.

#8 - Posted by: Revan91 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 04:17
I knew it was Canderous right when he said, "So you're the intruder..." I was all like, "Hey! 'Sup Canderous?" To all who actually voted that they still don't think Canderous is Mandalore, stop being ignorant.

#9 - LOL! - Posted by: A_L_I_E_N (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 04:44
After playing 100 of times KOTOR before TSL, I had nooooo idea who Mandalore was :lol: (sarcasm ftw)

#10 - Posted by: TandaAvery (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 05:32
I don't have TSL so I found out after I looked around wiki...so technicaly someone told me.:D

#11 - Posted by: Sherruck (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 06:33
I knew he was Canderous when i heard him talking with Kreia: "Mandalorians Still lives. CLAN ORDO still lives" And they have very similar voices i wonder does the same actor play Canderous and Mandalore? So technicaly i knew from the start.

#12 - Posted by: Solus (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 07:05
Voted for "I didn't know at first, but I figured out he was Canderous before the end!" since I knew Canderous was Mandolore in that way. :)

#13 - Posted by: bfkdarthrevan (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 07:56
I didn't even know who canderous was when I played TSL, cuz I bought the game before I actually got K1...

#14 - Posted by: darthkotor111 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 11:18
I didnt know till i read on wookieepedia. I SHOULDVE NOTICED! I feel a fool now. Boo Hoo the shame...

#15 - The voice gave it away... - Posted by: Merchant2006 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 11:41
Yeah, I was thinking WOW ITS MANDALORE! And then I heard his voice and I immediately knew it was our good old Candy Mandy :P

#16 - Posted by: Daila (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 11:47
I played TSL first... :p

#17 - Posted by: Mitch93Wagner (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 12:12
i found out from one of Shem's videos on youtube

#18 - Posted by: Tobi_Wan_Kenobi (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 13:14
I knew right away from the voice that they were the same. I thought "Ahhh it's Canderous. Cool" Actually, i thought, "aahhh it's Solidus from Metal Gear Solid 2" But that's because John Cygan does the voice for that character as well as those from KoTOR

#19 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 14:45
hmm.... i bought TSL before KOTOR so i had no idea about canderous but i figured out he was mandalore when i first saw him in my first KOTOR playthrough so does that count?

#20 - Posted by: Celtica123 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 16:44
Same thing as # 19. My brother decided to buy TSL before KOTOR. So I really had no idea who Canderous was until I played KOTOR. :D

#21 - Posted by: DarthJebus05 (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 21:29
Mandalore is indeed voiced by the guy who voiced Canderous.

#22 - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 06:49
who the hell still doesn't believe it Oo :eek:

#23 - Posted by: Eagleracer38x (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 11:50
I knew it was the same voice right away, but I didn't "jump" to the conclusion it Mandalore was Canderous... I think my initial reaction was "Same voice different character = lame. lol. I figured they could have used the same voice again for a different character, because it was such a good voice for both of them. Ya never know, they could have been twins even! I did grow quite suspicious during the game though, so I wasn't surprised at the end of the game when you find out Mandalore is Canderous.

#24 - Posted by: B3n (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 16:42
I couldn't tell he was Canderous at first, but that's probably because I played K2 before K1.

#25 - I dont quite remember - Posted by: GrdAdmSenza (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 16:48
But i think i figured it out pretty quick, he definitely is canderous, since kreia comes out and says it at the end of the game. "Many battles left in that one, but canderous is a loyal beast"(something about revan betraying his trust or some crap) and she hints not-very-subtlely before that.

#26 - Posted by: NiRv4n4 (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 18:51
To hear the voice and not recognize Canderous would show a total lack of awareness.

#27 - Posted by: jedijax (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 22:57
Seriously... If you don't know Canderous Ordo is Mandalore since the very moment you meet him, either you never played KOTOR before, or you should be playing Barbie's Unicorn Ride, perhaps Harry Potter and the "whateverious whatever." Anything rated R for RETARDED would do the trick. HAHAHAHAHA, just joking. Been wanting to say something like that for a long time!!

#28 - Posted by: JCarter426 (Staff) on 05-18-2008 at 03:04
I didn't know right away. Yeah, I know it's obvious from the voice, but I figured that Obsidian was just too cheap to find another voice actor. :P Hey, they did it with Riiken and Grenn (and probably many more). But I eventually figured out, though I don't remember how or when. ( "I told you, my memory is fuzzy! Fuzzy!" "Fuzzy like Willie's beard?" "Yes, exactly! No, no, I mean, the whole incident is hazy." "Hazy like the moors of Scotland?" "Yes, exactly!" )

#29 - Posted by: sirbacon (Member) on 05-18-2008 at 13:25
Heh, I played TSL first, so even though I had heard of Canderous, I didn't know what he sounded like, so I had no clue until Darth Traya refers to him as Canderous. If I had played the first game first, I probably would have noticed the first time I heard mention of "Clan Ordo".

#30 - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 05-18-2008 at 14:33
I Knew who he was in the weeks before playing TSL after playing KOTOR 1 I Went to Wookieepedia to find info on TSL

#31 - If anyone DOUBTS Canderous is Mandalore... - Posted by: JediShemL (Staff) on 05-18-2008 at 21:28
Check these videos out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzAkL4147M0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl94zHwFW_w That should put your doubts to rest.

#32 - Posted by: Saddo (Member) on 05-20-2008 at 00:11
This poll is seriously bugged. It's like I'm seeing only 2 options picked at times.

#33 - Posted by: Villi2k (Member) on 05-21-2008 at 07:12
It didn't take me many seconds to figure it out when he began to speak...

#34 - Posted by: Kratran (Member) on 05-21-2008 at 15:22
I just couldn't help noticing that there were people that chosed the last 2 options. I mean, most people here have already played KotOR and TSL, and they know that in some dialogs Mandalore (Canderous) says somethings that reveal he was once with Revan. Also Kreia knows it also and we hear it when Mandalore is about to board the ship that will take the Exile to Iziz. She says something like: 'I know why he left you... keep the one I travel safe'. And even, there are, in the TSL files, the models of Mandalore without the helmet. Many many clues to clear doubts. Perhaps they were just joking :)

#35 - Posted by: DarthPhantomius (Member) on 05-21-2008 at 21:42
I thought he might be canderous when kreia first talked to him but then I figured it out for sure when he healed himself with his implant like he did in Kotor 1.

#36 - Played TSL First - Posted by: Tiro1000 (Member) on 05-21-2008 at 22:55
I found out pretty quickly, but the other way around. My cousin has TSL, and that's how I got into the series, and then I bought him the first KOTOR for his birthday. After Taris, I thought "You know, Canderous sounds alot like Mandalore." I didn't want to make any assumptions, for all I knew, it could be a case of a reused voice actor, but it eventually clicked into place.