Weekly Poll Results - Hey, word is COD5 takes place in the pacific . Whatta U th

This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront

Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.

Published by PKM 14 years ago , last updated 4 years ago

Hey, word is COD5 takes place in the pacific . Whatta U think ?

Cool, maybe they'll get it right . 56.9% (78)

Bad news, remember MOH:PA ? 36.4% (50)

Call of Duty ? I could care less . 6.5% (9)

Start: 05-09-2008 21:31
Last: 05-17-2008 09:17

#1 - Good news; remember MoH:PA? - Posted by: kattfire (Member) on 05-09-2008 at 23:52
PA was great, in my opinion, and I loved it. Perhaps CoD5 would be even better, but PA was still pretty good. Okay, so PA means it's not an original idea. But I think it sounds workable.

#2 - Posted by: PATTON_IRL (Member) on 05-10-2008 at 05:26
Lets face it Moh PA and Moh Rising Sun were both pretty good Moh's. The main reason that especially PA was so unpopular was because it was based in the WW2 Pacific theatre. People do generally not know as much about this as they do about the European theatre and people like to play to battles they can imagine such as The Bridge based on Saving Private Ryan. I feel that the only reason the Cod are doing this is because they have covered most major battles in the European and North African Theatre. Having said this Cod have definitely built up a solid reputation with Cod 4 and I think that even if this is worse than Moh:PA it will still be popular online for a while.

#3 - Posted by: Wundai (Member) on 05-11-2008 at 06:38
^ indeed on both comments :) And I think people will know more about the Pacific front now since we have had alot of WW2 movies come out covering that front (Thin Red Line, Windtalkers, Flags of our Fathers, Letters from Iwo Jima)

#4 - Posted by: fanobliv (Member) on 05-12-2008 at 08:03
lol, I got PA and it looks great .. dont know why no1 likes it ! but i think its a bad idea because PA isnt that interresting ..

#5 - Posted by: afcgrimm (Member) on 05-16-2008 at 18:19
I sure hope so. There needs to be a good Pacific game. I only hope there's a bit ov naval action. :( Then again, rumors are rumors.

#6 - Posted by: Wundai (Member) on 05-17-2008 at 08:32
Naval Action really? And what are you hoping for then? Bf1942 option to get into subs and cruisers, or smaller boats/transports? Not many games have done this yet, it would be something new and cool as long as they don't neglect the land part of that game :)