Weekly Poll Results - Looking more and more like the next MOHAA will be 'hunting

Published by PKM 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Looking more and more like the next MOHAA will be 'hunting for Al-Qaeda

No interest, MOHAA is WWII to me . 34.4% (50)
Sounds good . SP gameplay should be very different . 22% (32)
I could be interested when I hear more about it . 17.9% (26)
What about MOHAA: VietNam ? 13.1% (19)
No interest in EA games period anymore . 12.4% (18)
Start: 06-14-2008 06:34
Last: 06-21-2008 03:58

#1 - Posted by: bbejones (Member) on 06-14-2008 at 08:47

I can usually only decide when I see a few pictures and the back of the package.

#2 - Posted by: PATTON_IRL (Member) on 06-14-2008 at 14:29

I hope they dont put as much emphesis on the graphics/visuals, and new gen gameplay (Which wasnt that good really) as MOH:Airborne did, and focus on some interesting storylines and good gameplay such as in MOH:Allied Assault. If they get theyre single player rightthen there should be manyonline servers like Allied Assault again.

#3 - Posted by: Matseast92 (Member) on 06-14-2008 at 17:34

No interest, dont copy COD4

#4 - Posted by: Private_Gomez (Member) on 06-14-2008 at 21:37

I would be interested. New mods always bring interest in my opinion.

#5 - Posted by: kattfire (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 13:17

This poll is silly. MoH:AA is WW2, and that won't change. MoH however, could go places outside of the WW2 genre.

#6 - Posted by: PKM (Staff) on 06-15-2008 at 13:27

relax kitten, mohaa is the name we all associate with the franchise .

#7 - Posted by: bbejones (Member) on 06-15-2008 at 13:35

*laughs hysterically*

#8 - My CPU (despite being brand new)... - Posted by: Samboring (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 08:23

As my comment title says, plus, nazis is one thing (and still irreverent), teenagers reacting to having their parents blown up by Air force munitions is another.

#9 - Posted by: PKM (Staff) on 06-16-2008 at 08:52

say what, samboring ?

#10 - whoops - Posted by: Samboring (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 09:02

sorry, did I let my leftist partisanship get in the way of using the euphemism "insurgents?" The whole premise and the character of the the modern military disturbs me, though I can relate to the draft army of WW2 and its cause, at least on the individual level. I wouldn't really enjoy a modern day equivalent of MOHAA with realistic graphics, strikes to close to real atrocities that are ongoing. My opinion, I don't hold it to anyone else.

#11 - Posted by: PKM (Staff) on 06-16-2008 at 11:03

no sam, you're montra didn't get in the way...saw it for what it was a mile ago however i was confused of how you were tying in your comment title with your statement . leftist or conservative....just two groups of self serving idiots, if you ask me . anyone trying to read politics into a game needs to latch arms with the PMRC, it's the same mentality .

#12 - Posted by: Samboring (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 12:16

really, ww2 is a neutral anything-goes topic, think Raiders of the Lost Ark... shooting anonymous henchmen from hollywood movies (MOHAA is basically Saving Private Ryan)... I could elaborate more, but the thing is the great old conquest of the middle east is an ongoing campaign which is all too real to me at least, any portrayals of it in video game format necessarily must vouch for one perspective. 2002 was 60 years after the events of ww2, just about. All the coverage of it has long since been tucked away into dusty backrooms or played on the History Channel in a foolish way. The images and debates of the current war are at play. Recognizing the sensitivity of trivializing this has nothing to do with the PMRC.

#13 - Posted by: Samboring (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 12:26

Is your name from the Russian MG?

#14 - Posted by: PKM (Staff) on 06-16-2008 at 12:55

nope, my name used to be Philadelphia Killing Machine . part where i'm from and part judas priest song .

#15 - Posted by: plouc (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 13:22

No interest, MOHAA is WWII to me . 37.1% (29) pff that s why this communitty die coz people here do not envolve. The actual games wich got success are games on modern conflict (like Half life, call of duty 4, and more) or futuristic like halo Personnally i never agreed with airborne game coz its one more WWII game wich introduce one more time allies side. Yeah evreybody know allies kiked nazi ass, so what? Make one more WWII is just boring. MOH means Medal of honor it doesnt mean its impossible to make a modern confict game with moh title btw on this 29 people im sure not more 3 guys bought airborne, so

#16 - wow yea sp should be different - Posted by: SgtDylan (Member) on 06-17-2008 at 15:31

now they have a reason why you have to kill every sp enemy 6 times before he doesent get back up

#17 - Posted by: Karl_Wernicke (Member) on 06-19-2008 at 02:30

"Hunting for Al Qaeda" would be no fun... Or not realistic Because terrorists don't fight like soldiers. So you can't make a game USA vs. Al Qaeda like USA vs. Germany.

#18 - Posted by: PKM (Staff) on 06-19-2008 at 05:47

bingo karl, that's why there's the option stating sp playing would need to be different .

#19 - Yeah... - Posted by: DemonFMJ (Member) on 06-19-2008 at 16:47

Sounds like that could be ok, but I would need to hear more than Al-Qaeda to like it. :)