Weekly Poll Results - What I hate the most about the word ''noob''...

Published by PKM 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What I hate the most about the word ''noob''...

THE IDIOT WHO TYPES ''NOOB'' IN CAPS AGAIN AND AGAIN . 46% (75)
Playing with a noob . 21.4% (35)
The word itself . 20.8% (34)
Being called a noob . 11.6% (19)
Start: 05-31-2008 06:27
Last: 06-07-2008 01:30

#1 - Posted by: ikooldragon (Member) on 05-31-2008 at 09:47

I hate when people keep saying noob over and over agian... The sad thing is the people who get own when I play all type of games are the real noobs.. Heck, they can't get any more annoying.

#2 - Posted by: kattfire (Member) on 05-31-2008 at 12:15

What I hate most about it is the pricks and assholes and sore-losers that use the term. Seriously, lets try to stick to words in the dictionary, eh? But, then there are those people that really are " noobs." Not newbies (That's a term that I can accept, along with newb, but we could just said Rookie.), but rather the moronic people that like to shoot anyone and everyone in a Team Match.

#3 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 06-02-2008 at 12:49

I hate being called a noob. afterall doesnt everyone start out as new. And it is not true that just because someone plays poorly that they are noobs; they just might be having a bad day, or hard luck.

#4 - Posted by: Angrybob (Member) on 06-02-2008 at 13:16

I have too many bad days, lol. I can go on like four straight killing sprees, and come in first place in one map, and then have like fifteen deaths and twelve kills the next, lol I said "THE IDIOT WHO TYPES ''NOOB'' IN CAPS AGAIN AND AGAIN ." -Angrybob BTW: I'm not actually that bad, I just felt like saying something random.

#5 - Posted by: DvdGiessen (Member) on 06-04-2008 at 08:12

Hey, is there no 'I am a noob' choice? :p Chose Playing with a noob. Newbie's are fine, but noobs are annoying. Anyone starts as a newbie, but the differance between an newbie and an noob may be clear. From Wikipedia: "Newbie and the alternate spellings are often used for one of two different meanings. Newbie is usually used to refer to a new person who has recently joined the group or board, and is a rank default on InvisionFree forums. Several alternate spellings and occasionally the original word, are used to refer to a member who is generally unwanted or disliked in the community, and is often used as part of Trolling or Flaming."

#6 - Posted by: Angrybob (Member) on 06-04-2008 at 15:56

I like the Wikipedia definition. lol -Angrybob

#7 - Posted by: Frieden (Member) on 06-04-2008 at 18:51

I remember when it used to be 'newbie'