Prey Coming to the Macintosh
By Ronnie 16 years ago, last updated 6 years ago
This article is really old. Formatting may be broken as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it.
Aspyr Media, Inc. announced today they will publish Prey (Mac) with an anticipated release in January 2007. Prey is licensed by 2K and is being developed for Mac by Aspyr Studios.
Prey is a groundbreaking first-person shooter that turns the genre upside-down with new gameplay features and next generation graphics. Breaking the traditional first-person shooter format, Prey introduces innovative gameplay elements including wall-walking, portals, spirit-walking and gravity flipping, which allows for insane eight player deathmatches.
Prey tells the story of Tommy, a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation and going nowhere. His life changes when an otherworldly crisis forces him to awaken spiritual powers from his long-forgotten birthright. Abducted along with his people to a menacing mothership orbiting Earth, he sets out to save himself and his girlfriend and ultimately his planet.
* Gravity Flipping â€“ Manipulate gravity by shooting special targets located throughout the sphere. There are also zones in the world where gravity is automatically flipped in various directions.
* Wall Walking â€“ Wall walk surfaces allow Tommy to traverse the sphereâ€™s walls and explore otherwise unreachable areas.
* Death Walking â€“ Death isnâ€™t the end. After losing all his health, Tommy enters the Death Realm. He must battle the wraiths of fallen spirits to regain both health and spirit energy before returning to his living body.
* Spirit Mode â€“ Tommy can use the power of his ancient ancestors to leave his body and enter a spirit form. Spirit mode allows Tommy to sneak up on enemies, as well as overcome the sphereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s many obstacles.
* Portals â€“ Portal technology adds a new dimension to gameplay, allowing enemies to appear out of thin air, creating new and completely original puzzles and employing advanced gameplay techniques.
* Multiplayer â€“ Multiplayer games take complete advantage of the unique gameplay styles of Prey, as players walk on the ceilings and walls while the mapâ€™s gravity flips from side to side.