instructions for use
1 : extracting/installation
- Downloaded and save the files to a temporary folder/location on your system, C:\temp is typical. - Double click castlekeep.exe, the self extractor will open with a default file/installation path already highlighted, this is C:\Program Files\Return to Castle Wolfenstein\spkat3 by default, and click the 'Unzip' button. The archive will now be installed to that location.
- If this isn't where you have RtCW installed either edit the path or click the 'Browse' button and select the correct folder/location [the files need to be placed in a folder called 'spkat3' directly under the main Return to Castle Wolfenstein folder for the minimod to work properly].
- Optionally you can also click the 'Run WinZip' button to open the WinZip application and manually extract the files to the correct location as per 'spkat3' above.
- If correctly installed you should have a folder called 'spakt3' in the 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' folder and several files therein contained.. casltekeep.pk3 Castlekeep.bat castlekkeep.ico Readme.txt Readme_2nd.txt
2 : shortcuts and running the mod
- Open the newly created spkat3 folder and find the file called 'castlekkep.bat' you can run the mod directly from this file in it's current location by double clicking.
- Alternatively if you right click and select 'Send to > Desktop' it will create an icon on your desktop which you can then double click to launch the mod.
- For Win98 you may need to create a shortcut in the installation folder [right click & select 'create shortcut'] and then manually move the new icon to your desktop.
If you have any installation problems or general comments please mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a message on the Quake3Bits forum the forum link at http://www.castlekeep.ndo.co.uk
* Map and General Information * Information ================================================================ Title : Castlekeep Date : (BETA 1) February 04 PK3 file : castlekeep.pk3 : Author : Quake3Bits - Ken 'kat' Beyer Email : email@example.com Website : http://www.castlekeep.ndo.co.uk Forum : follow link from website above Description : Single Player 'minimod' for Return to Castle Wolfenstein : Additional Credits : ID Software for allowing us to do what we do to the game! : Thanks go to (not in any order of priority..!) : sock (big thanks matey..!), : ydnar (also big thanks) : panzur, ratty, KoS, PizPot, : Demonspawn, ZeroLogic, Sedric, emsipe, DetPak, : anyone else I've forgotten to mention ================================================================ Play Information Game type : Single Player (SP) RtCW Bots : 'optimized' aas files (rcd included) see 'README_2nd.txt' for installation instructions ================================================================ Construction Base : nothing Editor : GTKRadiant 1.x.x : Q3Map2 (2.5.12) : Q3Map2Toolz : Corel PhotoPaint - 2D artwork : GMax & Blender3D - 3D models : MilkShape - 3D models : CrimsonEditor : Creative WaveStudio - audio : Notepad : WinZip : WinRar Known Bugs : n/a Build Time : 2 months (ish) Textures : default and some custom Models : default + custom Sound : default Compile machine : Athlon XP2000+ : 1gig DDR RAM, ATI9000Pro 128MB Test Machines q3map compile Time q3map2 - 2.5.12 -BSP -meta -fullvis -light -filter -nocollapse -patchshadows -shade -samples 3 Compile Time : approx 30mins Brushes count : c.1171 (it's all them steps that does it..!) Entity count : 282 (GTK) =============================================================== Distribution / Copyright / Permissions Do not distribute these files without this readme present. If you wish to include these files on a CD for distribution please contact the author below. Copyright © 2003 Ken Beyer (firstname.lastname@example.org - subject 'Castlekeep') 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' is a registered trademark of id Software, Inc.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!