============ Quick start: ============ Unzip the osp-wolf-.zip in the root RtCW/ directory, with folders enabled. You should have a newly created directory named "osp" with all of the files listed in the enclosed the INSTALL.txt file.
To start up a DEDICATED OSP server, in a DOS shell, type: --------------------------------------------------------- WolfMP +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game osp +exec .cfg
To start up a LISTEN OSP server (where a client and server run in the same machine), type: ---------------------------------------------------------- WolfMP +set fs_game osp +exec .cfg
======= Details ======= There have been MANY features added to the default Return to Castle Wolfenstein multi-player game: - Enhanced match mode play, with all commands needed to conduct organized games on any server (pausing, team locking, ready-up, etc.). - Extensive in-game player and match statistics. - Advanced and configurable voting system. - Remote admin ("Referee") capabilities with many commands available to control the match and players. - "Multiview" spectator support for in-game and demo playback, with the ability to spectate multiple players at once within a convenient windowing environment. - Configurable client-side modifications that allow for extra visual settings. - Enhanced UI with additional "tooltip" help information on added OSP options, in all supported languages. - "Democast" support for demo/shoutcast synchronized playback. - Enhanced latency support for laggier network connections. - Truly random reinforcement time offsets on match starts. The respawn times are still the same for each side on each map, but the offsets of when they count down to 0 is now completely randomized.
- Fix: issue with using scrollbar in browser sometimes launches the game
- Fix: longstanding wolf bug where arty/airstrikes can damage/kill through roofs/walls (i.e. forward bunker on beach)
- Fix: Can no longer pick up ammo packs if all banks are full of ammo
- Fix: Lean is now properly shown in multiview
- Fix: Various UI issues with alternate languages
- Change: "\kill" now counts as a death in stats
- Change: GS in game stats changed to "Gib" for # of bodies gibbed (also shown in +wstats)
- Change: Made cl_timenudge a latch variable
- Change: Clean up of the multiview interface - Windows-like controls (point and click) - Drop-down listings to show/hide players currently being multiviewed - Full support in demo playback
- Add: Average ping of teams shown above ping column
- Add: Spectator ping shown on the scoreboard
- Add: UI updates to various components in the main UI (blender, hyperlinks, credits, etc.)
- Add: mod name to the listed gametype in the server browser
- Add: Health pack drop/used stats (also in topshots w/15 drop minimum)
- Add: Ammo pack drop/used stats (also in topshots w/15 drop minimum)
- Add: Revival stats (# of times a player revived someone on their team)
- Add: Muzzle flash option (cg_muzzleFlash 0=off, 1=on, default=1)
- Add: Ammo remaining on crosshair name (only for weapons with real ammo) --> cg_drawcrosshairnames: 0 - none, 1-On-All, 2-On-NoAmmo
- Add: chat beep options (cg_chatbeep - 0/none, 1/all, 2/teamchat only) --> Different tones for normal and team chat
- Add: Teammates who are dead but revivable are shown with a "*" to the left of their class/name on the team overlay.
- Add: Replaced unbound commands displaying "???" with "[command_name]" so you can tell what the actual command for the bind supposed to be.
- Add: "ready" status shown (on the scoreboard) for players in warmup: - red "?" = not ready - green "!" = ready
- Add: Demo player: - Dir listing/navigation - Double-click to expand dir - Double-click to load a demo - On/off button for timedemo
- Add: option to ignore players: - ignore - no gives usage + current ignore list - of -1 means ignore all - ignore_remove - of -1 removes all ignores
OSP for Wolfenstein =================== Version: 0.9 Date: 29 Jan 03 Site: http://www.OrangeSmoothie.org Contact: rhea@OrangeSmoothie.org IRC: irc.enterthegame.com - #osp -------- Credits: -------- Lead Design/Programming: Jason "Rhea" Keimig (rhea@OrangeSmoothie.org) Translation work: [French] Chris "SHoD" Farcy (firstname.lastname@example.org) Michael "epsy" Cambron (email@example.com) [German] Florian "CptMeat" Lödermann (firstname.lastname@example.org) Sascha "Deus" Pitsch (AD@aeternusdeus.de) "nEUTRon" [Italian] Andrea "Kajab" (email@example.com) Ivan "veg" Mangifesta (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Spanish] Fernán "ZombiekE" González (email@example.com) Guillermo "flame" Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org) Voicework: Gabriel "TsN|Warwitch" David email@example.com OSP.org Website Management, Maintenance and Updates: Tim "Gouki" Pearson (firstname.lastname@example.org) OSP.org Website design: "myrddin" (email@example.com) Macintosh Installer Scott "CannonFodder" DeLeury (firstname.lastname@example.org) Special thanks: - Everyone in Team Abuse for helping push OSP to the masses - Kevin "arQon" Blenkinsopp for support on engine-level tweaks - Tim "Timbo" Angus (email@example.com) for his spiffy MP3 decoder :)) - Bani (firstname.lastname@example.org) for various wolf bugfixes - The Threewave team (http://www.threewave.com) and Darryl "Kipper" Morgan (email@example.com) for the cool new fonts
There are no comments yet. Be the first!