Weekly Poll Results - Should Cauldron release a sdk for SoF Payback

Should Cauldron release a sdk for SoF Payback

Yes - Lets see what the modders can do 41.4% (41)
No - They killed the game the day they released it 37.3% (37)
Yes - So long as they fix a few things first in a patch 15.1% (15)
No - There are just to many mistakes to do anything with it 6% (6)
Start: 06-28-2008 03:47
Last: 07-05-2008 02:35

#1 - Posted by: infrequent (Member) on 06-29-2008 at 05:27

No, they should have released a playable game instead.

#2 - Can It....? - Posted by: rebelr (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 09:10

Can it actually be fixed,... thats the question at hand. I feel that it could", but who is going to take the time to do it. Most of the modders are done with the Payback title and are really not even thinking of trying to fix this mess that Cauldron released to us...This title Payback was suppose to out do its younger brothers, and all it did was hurt the SoF1&2 titles all together. I for one will always hold out hope that there will be a new version of SoF3 0r 4 that will be develloped to put right what was otherwise a horrible misstake to the SoF1 & 2 titles. But lets place the blame on who really droped the ball on this title Payback ! "Activision" Do they really think that they could have past this off as an SoF title to all the people who has played this game from day 1. Maybe they did"..... But , WHY DID THEY ?.... It was all about money in my minds eye. It was a get the money and run type of deal in my mind"...and thats what they did. Playing us all for suckers or fools was the hole deal with this title of sof payback. What they did was take one of the most awesome game ever developed in its day and totaly disstroy it. Do I hold any hope that this game will be fixed by our modders? "NOPE".... Would it matter if Cauldron released anything to help fix this title"... "NOPE" It was a sad day for me when I went out and payed $48.00 bucks for this game and got it home to find that I had got the shaft......I still feel that shaft in my rear from time to time when someone brings this game up in a post like this one. I am not saying that it's not good to talk about it"...But I hold no hope that it will ever be fixed by our modders. Please ubderstand that these are my thoughts on this Payback title, and I dont speak for anyone but myself. Yours truly: *Rebel*{Vv} God Bless............

#3 - One More Thing....!!! - Posted by: rebelr (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 09:19

One More Thing....!!! I feel that if they would have made this game like the CoD4 game or had put any effort into it the way they did CoD4 this game Payback would have ROCKED. Activision did both titles: CoD4 & SoF Payback, and in my mind had the final say on releasing it or not to the world" rather Cauldron liked it or not...They was hired by Activision and they should have been stopped by Activision before this game ever got released. It's a damn shame........... *Rebel* {Vv}

#4 - Posted by: infrequent (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 12:01

I think Activision were very clever indeed. They released COD4 and SOFPB about the same time and thus made sure that all the SOF2 players went to COD4 ;-) I would actually have loved to hear the meetings where the expectations and results of SOFPB were discussed.

#5 - Posted by: SilentBob00 (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 13:22

i'm glad i didn't waste any money on payback. i got a friends copy to see if my PC could run it and it wouldn't start on my rig. after playing it on my friends laptop for a while i wish i never wasted my time seeing if it would even run. they didn't get my money but they did take a lot of my respect for the SOF brand. i take back anything i said on here before this game came out. was hoping for something new instead of a revised game like halo3 was for the other halo games. now though.... i just wish they would have kept the gameplay the same and made it a bit more pretty with better effects. maybe some new features like vehicles and emplaced weapons on multiplayer. WTH did they do that to SOF? i say let payback die so maybe noone will associate it with the great games SOF 1 and 2 are!

#6 - Payback is suffering. Kill it, quick! - Posted by: _Commando_ (Member) on 07-02-2008 at 18:02

"Yes - So long as they fix a few things first in a patch" is a pointless option. No company will bother with a patch for Payback at this point. And I for one will not waste my time 'mod-patching' this game. It is an insult to us all. We'd be suckers if we spend time fixing it for them after they hustled us. WTH does Payback have to do with SoF anyways ?