Weekly Poll Results - Should we allow guests to post comments

Should we allow guests to post comments

Yes 64.4% (69)
No 35.5% (38)
Start: 07-12-2008 04:08
Last: 07-19-2008 02:56

#1 - Posted by: computernerd (Member) on 07-12-2008 at 09:23

at the time I posted this the votes were 50/50, I wonder if half were members and the other half guests:p

#2 - Posted by: SilentBob00 (Member) on 07-12-2008 at 21:24

this is a site for mods and maps for a FPS game, why would we need to be anonymous? NO got my vote

#3 - Posted by: skypeter (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 13:35

people think they can say anything when they are anonymous... ban their ip they come back through a proxy server.. if they like soffiles they should just register like us all in my view..

#4 - Posted by: Angrybob (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 15:29

I say No, it's not that hard, and doesn't take that long to register. I did it. If I can, they can. I agree with skypeter in saying that people think they can do anything if anonymity is allowed, the way to resolve that problem, DON'T ALLOW ANONYMITY. PERIOD. Well, that's where I stand, but ultimately it's up to admin, so with that in mind I encourage the administrators to carefully think about the consequences before making a decision. That's all -Angrybob

#5 - Posted by: xlex (Member) on 07-13-2008 at 22:59

I agree, some people even rate the file 1/10 but no download record. this is my friend experience. Hence, if the comment is free for all, more of those people would destruct sof2FileFront. However, we still can ban their criticism.

#6 - Posted by: kit89 (Member) on 07-15-2008 at 01:43

Wasn't anonymous posting banned previously for being abused?

#7 - Posted by: infrequent (Member) on 07-17-2008 at 10:30

Hell no ! Why would we want comments from people not interested in registrering here ?

#8 - Posted by: Manco (Member) on 07-18-2008 at 09:09

No! We, the registered members, do not want guests posting here. These people would feel free to act like assholes just because they are anonymous (being too cowardly to show who they are). I'm sure there are people out there who are simply too lazy to register, but is that reason enough to turn this site into a hellhole? You be the judge.

#9 - Posted by: xlex (Member) on 07-18-2008 at 22:17

who vote so much of YES there?

#10 - Posted by: _Commando_ (Member) on 07-19-2008 at 02:29

People who like anonymity ;) You know the guests can vote, but not post comments...