Weekly Poll Results - What do you look for when joining a new server ?

What do you look for when joining a new server ?

The Map 31.9% (47)
No Bots 29.9% (44)
PB Enabled 19% (28)
Other - Please say what 10.8% (16)
Pure 8.1% (12)
Start: 07-19-2008 04:37
Last: 07-26-2008 05:04

#1 - Noob settings? - Posted by: _Commando_ (Member) on 07-19-2008 at 05:38

I voted other, as I look for specific settings. E.g. dmflags 8 and g_friendlyfire 0, or as we call it in Alliance of Veterans "Fairy boots and magic bullets", are just too noob us veterans :rolleyes:

#2 - . - Posted by: goreyman (Member) on 07-19-2008 at 07:42

I look for pb enabled, map cycle, the mod, no bots and settings

#3 - Posted by: TecMarley (Member) on 07-19-2008 at 08:20

no trash talking

#4 - Posted by: _Commando_ (Member) on 07-19-2008 at 09:38

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by implying that, You ARE a noob. No, really, TecMarley, I mean it. I’m soo sorry. Bots are so misunderstood. A guy I know maintain a claim that bots ruined his sof2mp.cfg on the clientside :rolleyes: But most of the dismay can be credited to the poor coding in the original game and the obsolete mods that still rely on that bot-code. There’s no option to state that you look for ANY opponents at all. And you know what? I bet the players who won’t connect to a server with a few bots for seat fillers, wouldn’t connect to an empty server anyway, so who cares if they look for no bots.

#5 - Posted by: serialthriller (Member) on 07-19-2008 at 10:00

lots of regualr players worldwide,custom maps,pb

#6 - Posted by: DeadVision (Member) on 07-20-2008 at 05:43

no bots, pb enabled, LOW PING

#7 - Posted by: TecMarley (Member) on 07-20-2008 at 08:22

Commando... does it really make you feel good to call people noobs and trash talk..such a great game..but lots of left because of mouthy little kids that trash talk behind monitors... don't worry i have a fix for this.. i just turn global chat off...

#8 - Posted by: skypeter (Member) on 07-20-2008 at 12:04

thats what they've done in sof payback : global chat off against trash talk lol just joking :P When i join a server i look for nice people to share fun. SoF2 rocks even if i can't wait for BF3 on pc... :rock:

#9 - Posted by: _Commando_ (Member) on 07-20-2008 at 14:05

TecMarley I told you I was sorry for hurting your feelings. Isn't that enough? And by that I do in no way mean to imply that, you are hypersensitive and/or take pleasure in any given opportunity (however remote) to 'moderate' other people in order to confirm your self-image as a *cough*self-appointed*cough* guardian of morals. Of course that's not what I mean to say about you. But you know what? - In order to prevent this from turning in to a flamewar, I will now let you have the last word about that, in the hope that it can make you feel better. I promise that I will not comment on ANYTHING you say from now on in this thread. So go ahead; compare me to "mouthy little kids that trash talk behind monitors" one more time in the name of good morale and out of concern for all the people who leaves SoF2, a supremely violent videogame, because they can't stand the trashtalk.

#10 - Posted by: DigaO_BiG (Member) on 07-22-2008 at 11:57

No BOTS, number of players and non-pure (mess up my skins)...

#11 - Posted by: CrazyCJ (Member) on 07-24-2008 at 13:05

just looking for good competition

#12 - Poll error? - Posted by: _Commando_ (Member) on 07-26-2008 at 05:15

When I'm logged in I see 36 votes for 'The Map' and 34 for 'No Bots'. Then when I'm not logged in I see 47 for 'The Map' and 44 for 'No Bots' - That is in the summary on the front page, not on this page...