This patch has become obsolete. Please download the 1.05 patch, you have no use for this patch at all, but it's still available for download for whatever reason you need it. Click here to get the 1.05 patch.
SoF V1.04 (Released: April 20, 2000)
- Fixed crash in EAX sound code when playing old sounds.
- Fixed crash in DM when getting killed by standing over a flaming body.
- Fixed crash in DM for Arsenal caused by weapon switching / inventory bug.
- Added a check for invalided saved game files in the menu code.
- Changed the "Error during Initialization" dialog to report the specific error.
- Added view height change for MOF.
- Fixed a bug in detection of remote IP address for systems with multiple IPs.
- Circumvented W2K bug in SetProcessWorkingSetSize(). This call would basically not allow various GL implementations to initialize under W2K. Removed the call to that function.
- Re-organized CD copy protection.
- Made it so that the winsock error WSAECONNRESET doesn't drop you to the console during DM server browsing.
- Fixed problem where people had difficulty connecting to servers.
- Fixed an issue with spectator mode.
- Fixed an overflow issue with demo playback.
- Fixed CTF issue with force join.
- Added "ainame" worldspawn over-ride to specify the enemy set for user mods.
- Added a "-nostart" command line option, so that dedicated servers won't automatically start dedicated.cfg.
- Fixed irqctf1 where players could get in bad spots.
- Fixed scripting problem in KOS3 where killing the helicopter.
- EAX performance optimizations.
- Server Browers updates info when bringing up the status of a particular server.
- Automatic account login for dedicated servers.
- Clients connecting to dedicated servers no longer need a CD.
Note: This patch should be considered BETA software and has not been fully tested. You should re-install the game if you need to return to V1.03.
Also included in this version is a DLL from Creative Labs. This emulates EAX2.0 on any card that supports EAX1.0. This would include SB PCI cards, Vortex2 cards, and older Sensura based cards. To install this feature, run the batch file in the SoF directory called "installeax.bat".
There are no comments yet. Be the first!