Weekly Poll Results - Have you beaten Clear Sky yet?

Published by FFxSTALKERx 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Have you beaten Clear Sky yet?

I have not beat it 40.8% (398)
Yeah, I beat it. Beat it with a large stick!!! 30.6% (299)
I don't even have the game! 22.2% (217)
I don't play to ever finish it. I just play mods for the game. 6.2% (61)
Start: 09-20-2008 16:09
Last: 09-27-2008 19:13

#1 - Posted by: Heinrichmaster (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 20:35

You could rush through the levels, but I reckon It's more fun to advance slowly and do all the side tasks.

#2 - Option - Posted by: 2246 (Member) on 09-20-2008 at 23:29

Where's the cannot complete because it crashes every 2 minutes option? I'm sure that'd be the most common if it was here...

#3 - riddled with problems - Posted by: 0s1r1s (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 01:08

PAH! Finished it? I can't get the bloody thing to run without crashing to desktop for this that and the other reason. This game has annoyed me so much I am demanding a refund for it.

#4 - Posted by: ShY_GuY (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 01:26

I never crashed once other than mod troubles.

#5 - Posted by: Vendak (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 01:37

No I'm still in the marsh faction war because I have to wipe out both farms single handedly with a sawn off because the Clear sky squads won't move, I did get to Cordon but then had to patch it :(

#6 - Posted by: hoju (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 02:04

i have played this game like 50 hours and only crashes my own tweaking :cool: patch the game people, PATCH THE GAME!!! and then try again :mepimp:

#7 - Beat it already - Posted by: Ricardo89 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 08:30

Just thinking Clear Sky story is before Shadow of Chernobyl right ? ( stiupid noob question, from a 300 Hour stalker gamer xD haha ) Thing ive disliked in both stalkers is that the story always ends up stiupid... i Mean most stories end up in a good or bad way but i HATE when they end up incunclusive.. Damm it. But yeah ive beat the 2 games, ive liked Clear Sky the most, because of the new features and the new dificulty managments. Now an head shot is like the quickly way to kill an enemy, the weapons are damm weak ( modified them my self for better performance ). Never crashed or gave me problems, bugs havent seen 1. The only stiupid thing was i couldnt upgrade a weapon, the G36 hee =/. And its more fun too run the game slowly than rushing throgh levels

#8 - And yeah.. - Posted by: Ricardo89 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 08:37

( Sry for double posting ) And Yeah guys Follow his words and become an happy gamer. " i have played this game like 50 hours and only crashes my own tweaking " " patch the game people, PATCH THE GAME!!! and then try again " by hoju The 1.5.04 patch.. its worth it ! believe me guys, make Clear sky a game without bugs and crashes xD haaha

#9 - Posted by: moonracer1313 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 10:05

I just picked up the game and started playing this weekend. So far I'm into it (though I have modded a lot of settings for my own tastes so far and looking forward to seeing what others do). I just got into Cordon.

#10 - Posted by: 2246 (Member) on 09-21-2008 at 17:06

Lol the patch like we haven't thought of using it... it was the first version I had was up to 1.504 and now I'm using an unofficial patch to get through a lot of the nil errors that occur in script. But it's not enough.... I refuse to start a whole new game when the 1.505 is coming in 5 days though

#11 - Posted by: KingRaptor01 (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 00:03

how good is ur source on that #10? Coz i need that patch and i need it ASAP. i'm sure half the people who have clear sky do too

#12 - Posted by: Wasabeee (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 07:35

ive completed it, but to be honest i didnt realy have a clue what i was doing, so i pretty much never did any of the side quests. ive never played the first stalker, i only got clear sky realy cause it was recomended by a friend.

#13 - Posted by: chug_muffin (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 09:59

If you patch the game will you have to start a new game or will your old saves be kept?

#14 - Posted by: SwedKnoT (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 10:25

*SPOILER WARNING* DON´T READ IF YOU HAVEN´T FINISHED IT! I´m at the end were you shall kill Strelok but I shoot at him many times until he gets to the top and I get killed by the emission. Don´t know how to finish it really, I think I fired as many shots as you can on that time :/

#15 - Posted by: 2246 (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 22:39

My source?http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=28&thm_id=16791&sec_id=18#237163. Now this is the supposed release date according to Joe Will Burn but it's still close to release. He has close contact with gsc and they tell him what they tell the Russian community that has higher priority than us :( If you look more through the gsc forums you can find Eye of ravens unofficial's patch which helps with many of the crashes through script fixes. However these aren't perfect and with his experimental patch I can't see squads, but hell at least I can play. Adding -noprefetch to your shortcut seemed to help as well.

#16 - Oops - Posted by: 2246 (Member) on 09-22-2008 at 22:42

sorry double post I misunderstood you, here is the link for the unofficial patch http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=2&thm_id=16809&sec_id=19#237295. No guarantees though but if you come to more crashes you can tell him the problem and he'll try and fix it.

#17 - Posted by: Lios (Member) on 09-23-2008 at 07:39

I'm going to play as much out of it as I can before beating it.

#18 - Game not ready for Prim Time - Posted by: MrHopee (Member) on 09-25-2008 at 21:49

Tired of getting STUCK in the swamp. Looking for the patch that is supposed to be released today. Maybe they will fix this glitch and many more!

#19 - Posted by: 2246 (Member) on 09-27-2008 at 15:11

Patch has been postponed until monday the 29th. They are double checking to make sure that the changes are stable and work well. Just a couple more days fellow Stalkers.