Weekly Poll Results - What do you rate Clear Sky?

Published by FFxSTALKERx 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

What do you rate Clear Sky?

80% - 89% 33% (593)
90% - 100% 27.1% (488)
70% - 79% 21.3% (384)
60% - 69% 8% (144)
50% - 59% 3.9% (71)
0% - 9% 2.7% (49)
40% - 49% 1.7% (32)
30% - 39% 0.7% (14)
20% - 29% 0.6% (12)
10% - 19% 0.4% (8)
Start: 10-04-2008 21:20
Last: 10-12-2008 10:37

#1 - Posted by: SwedKnoT (Member) on 10-04-2008 at 23:39

Of course 90-100. Clear Sky and SoC are the best games ever made :D:)

#2 - Posted by: chug_muffin (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 01:31

75-80%. Again, there were some aspects of it that were needlessly aggravating and difficult. Also, patches that invalidated save games were annoying; and the original version of the game basically stopped working when i reached red forest. Crashed witth 15seconds of loading the area.

#3 - Posted by: Reptile4077 (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 02:15

The vanilla game isn't that good but its fun if you moddet it. The first stalker was better in many aspects....

#4 - Posted by: KastaRules (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 04:02

90% Vanilla 110% "cum laude" if you add some mods... :thumbsup:

#5 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 05:10

after watching this in other perspective - 50-59, as in vanilla. FULL of bugs + you really need to add a serious load of mods that you enjoy the game (which should be done BY THE MAKERS OF THE GAME). well, i like it though, dont take it as a rant.

#6 - Posted by: MMTG (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 05:29

the game is too short. they cut out levels that they should have included in clearsky that were in shadow of chernobyl. it's rediculous... clear sky could have been a whole lot more than it was. such as the faction wars. interesting thing to add in, but too many times i was left defending a HUGE front all by my lonesome while all my buddies are back at base two loading zones away... and they would never come to help. I did love the game though, don't get me wrong, my main dissapointment is in the mass of content that they already had from SoC that they only needed to dress up a bit to make it clearsky ready that they never included. and i was very upset at how fast i got to the end.(I liked artifact hunting :) )

#7 - Posted by: Fadeaway (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 06:33

Average, bordering on poor as the game is at the moment. If the developers had put more time into stamping out the bugs (or just had more time and money overall) then we would have gotten a better game for our troubles. Faction wars screwed with this no end, as did the lack of side missions for traders.

#8 - Very good, always can be better - Posted by: ahilej (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 09:05

Not to forget -as first - to thank GSC Game World for a double attempt for creating a virtuel world around the Arkadi & Boris Strugatsky novel, something which no one before the ever tried (I would really want to see a vote how many of us actually readed it ). Now about storyline. We all wanted prolonged gameplay, and a back-and-forth probability without hours-on-foot. We have the guides now (all those car mods remind me of a... well, better not to say.) :rolleyes: It is really sad that we have to shoot at Strelok, but how otherwise the two games would connect?! Apart of that, story is OK. Not as good as ShoC, but, it isn't ShoC and it could'nt be. ShoC is other game. Artifact hunt?! For me, is better, I always wondered how those hills and roads and train stations in ShoC are full of artifacts and no one gets them (AMK is exception). It is real to be possible to die for an artifact, it is valuable, or it isn't?! (Read the novel) Battles?! AI is far better, no more five or more soldiers around the Cordon bridge waiting for my handgrenade, standing in line. Short game?! ShoC san be finished in two days, maybe three. So we are free to explore. And wait. And plan. Weapons?! We are all modders now, only needed thing is to go at the mechanic, for armors also. Maybe ammo values and hit probability along with ballistics need corrections. But this is a product created for a novice gamer in mind, not a hardcore. We will have our good mods very soon... :p And GSC their salaries. They did best they could, as we are doing here... yes, faction war(s) has spawn and AI related bugs, but - it exists, isn't it?! I could mention at least ten so-like-situations, but I tried to solve them, in a different ways, and, they are solvable, believe me. (Has anyone here been in a real battle?!) :confused: It is so much more to say... but, enough talking, let's play, game deserves those 9/10 as it has in votes so far.

#9 - Posted by: Fadeaway (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 11:51

As a game, it's OK. As a prequel, it doesn't do the job. It only raises more questions and doesn't build much on the plot of the old game. There's several inconsistencies which lead me to believe that this was originally being made as some kind of direct sequel instead of sequel: like how you ask Nimble about your PDA's NEW features, as if it's the player asking, not Scar. It's very difficult to provide backstory for a game which tells most of its story through already disjointed missions, totally optional story content which is essential to understanding the plot and vague symbolism. I get the idea that GSC were trying to pour all their focus into Shadow of Chernobyl's weakest features: story and faction interaction.

#10 - Posted by: Claybrone (Member) on 10-05-2008 at 13:02

i think i'm gonna have 2 restart since i can't get out the dark valley due to bug traps plaguing the area. Overall i just like the game atomsphere, but i really wished they ironed out the bugs before release, guess i'll have to wait on the community to make a good mod of a bug free game. AND WHA?? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY CUT STUFF OUT AGAIN!!! grR! (angry face)

#11 - Console game? - Posted by: phim (Member) on 10-06-2008 at 03:15

SoC is brilliant, esp with Oblivion Lost mod. CS is sad. Cordon, Garbage, all the familiar areas from SoC are so dull! (The faction war stunt is a joke.) Once you get to the city, you find yourself in a ratmaze worthy of XBox. After that it's reload, reload, reload (you even go through the same layout three times!). OK, I supose, if you don't have anything else to do. I gave up at the power station (totally devoid of atmosphere). Gone back to SoC. Oblivion Lost may be modded for CS, but imo if won't be worth it. And wait to see what Fallout will be like, of course.

#12 - @ Phim - Posted by: xCondemnedx (Staff) on 10-06-2008 at 14:01

Actually,Phim.Kany has decided he doesn't want to mod for CS.He didn't like it.

#13 - c'mon - Posted by: ahilej (Member) on 10-06-2008 at 20:47

C'mon, people, GSC never said that they will re-make Shadow of Chernobyl, whoever wants to play ShoC - well, then let him play ShoC. I did not stopped playing ShoC either. And then without complaining, like - give me my ShoC back, I really wanted it ,so I feel betrayed. The game is good - as a standalone... but it is a standalone game! I mean, I could enter the NPP and do not shot at Strelok, 'cause i like him, I fought for my life upon now, but I am fond of all those atrocities I have seen in the Zone, I've chosen to die in a next blowout, so let's try to help him and (eventually) do notning, or shoot some Monolith. And it is a human decision after all. Maybe this would be a good mod. I wanted to say that the most important thing for a game to work properly is imagination. This is not life, and it should'nt be. Although it is very alike. And apart from ammo spec's and bullet ballistics, and some spawn incoscistencies, the game is good without ANY mod (tweaks like sleeping bags, better items at start, etc. and many more of so-like-minor-changes are not mods at all.) Maybe this is a game which do not needs a real mod, it is a (slight) possibility that they (GSC) succeeded to make such a thing for a first time in a gaming history. Then it is a masterpiece, and we are unable to see that. Again, tweaks are, and there will be, this is upon one's taste and therefore not arguable. Let everyone play what one wants. And let respectable and always wellcomed at such sites and forums fellow modders make their own games, maybe then they will feel better.

#14 - @xcondemnedx - Posted by: phim (Member) on 10-07-2008 at 10:46

Not surprised. @ahilei: as a standalone, CS is junk. even Oblivion and Mess effect are better (and that is saying something).

#15 - Posted by: MMTG (Member) on 10-07-2008 at 14:56

@phim : what do you mean Oblivion? if by some manic force you mean Tes 4 oblivion than you are quie frankly, retarded. Oblivion was made for a modders community. enough said. also, you said you are waiting to see what fallout is like? well from what i have watched of the videos it looks much the same as oblivion(in terms of gameplay mechanics)

#16 - well then - Posted by: ahilej (Member) on 10-08-2008 at 03:40

Well then, phim, let me enjoy my piece of junk (presumably S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky), that was I always wanted, my own piece of junk. And I will let you enjoy those gorgeous, glittering and shiny, monumentally glorious games which you mentioned. Alongside with all briliant and non-correctable or criticable by any means mods for them, made by close-to-forever venerable modders. But not by me. I will play my own piece of junk! Again and again... at least to the extent inwhich it doesn't collide with my real life. And if some moddest moder, of course, not comparable with those modders who are by your side, will make some moderated mod for my junk, I will be gratefull.

#17 - Posted by: MMTG (Member) on 10-08-2008 at 05:16

all hail junk!! haha, well, stalker does have 'Garbage' in it :P

#18 - cheers! - Posted by: ahilej (Member) on 10-08-2008 at 16:56

:beer: - cheers!

#19 - What? - Posted by: DaedalusXNA (Member) on 10-10-2008 at 16:50

Everyone who rated below a 70% is not a true fan of STALKER, this game is great! If you played SoC before all these mods came out you'd probably have the same feeling, Mods make this game amazing, even without mods it's still a 4.8 / 5.

#20 - It is early - Posted by: ahilej (Member) on 10-11-2008 at 02:33

It is quite early, I guess, for a good mod. Maybe around Christmass...