Weekly Poll Results - What other games are you enjoying?

Published by FFxSTALKERx 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

What other games are you enjoying?

Fallout 3 47.1% (322)
FarCry 2 21.5% (147)
Other 19.1% (131)
All of them!!! 11.2% (77)
Resistance 2 0.8% (6)
Start: 11-03-2008 20:16
Last: 11-13-2008 07:14

#1 - Posted by: henk_devill (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 03:56

cod5 beta right now, and on the 14th (in holland) comes cod5 out, the day its out, ill get it and play all day

#2 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 07:16

FarCry2 + Fallout3 <3

#3 - None. - Posted by: ahilej (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 14:01

None. Something must be wrong with me...

#4 - Posted by: MMTG (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 15:45

DeadSpace jesus!!! and all you guys MUST watch this if you love stalker then WATCH it is hillarious!!!! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/271-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky

#5 - Posted by: LordRosco (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 19:31

Thanks to the economy of late, I haven't been enjoying any new games recently. But, I hope this will change after today somewhat. I'd like to get Clear Sky, Fallout 3 and the upcoming CoD game. But most recently has just been playing HL & HL2 mods. Would also like to hear some news on They Hunger: Lost Souls.

#6 - Posted by: Danish_4116 (Member) on 11-04-2008 at 22:02

I would be enjoying Far Cry 2. If it worked on my PC :(

#7 - : ( - Posted by: Made_by_KGB (Member) on 11-06-2008 at 05:59

Eee... None? Failout is not a Fallout, not an RPG and not a good game in itself. I didn't like first FarCry, so i'm not interested in FC2. Resistance 2 - Who? Other: Red Alert 3 + DeadSpace are from EAGays, so I'm not even touching them.(I loved old C&C games, until EA killed Westwood) Hmm... aren't there any NEW good games? Still torturing my keyboard and mouse with Arcanum, NeverWinter Nights 2 +MotB, some HL2 + episodes, Assassin's Creed, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and Stalker of course(just seen Tarkovsky's movie).

#8 - Posted by: Plankie (Member) on 11-07-2008 at 13:54

#7 - Dude, you even played Fallout 3? It really is a RPG - hardly your traditional FPS... I loved Fallout 1 & 2, been playing both since release, and I LOVE Fallout 3. It's not as *free* as the first 2, but it's still great. The fallout feeling is definitely there. It's probably just a matter of opinion, but if you haven't actually tried it yet, you should. I was skeptical at first... But boy, was I wrong.

#9 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 11-08-2008 at 02:36

@ #7, Don't Judge games by their history a) Fallout 3, YES ITS AN RPG, and its a good game in itself, unless you really dont like rpg's. b) Fallout 3 is made by Bethesda (The Elder Scrolls-series), and the original fallouts were made by BlackIsle. There simply cannot be as good rpg as Fallout2, but its over 10 years since it came up, So im taking fallout3 with joy on my pc. c) First FarCry was made by Crytek and Cevat Yerli, FarCry2 is made by Ubisoft itself. you notice, 2 different companies? cannot compare. First FarCry was a paradise isle with mutants, FarCry2 is in africa with people.. d) Dead Space is superb 3rd-person-shooter. Ea-games has made alot of good games (imo) like all Battlefield-series and NHL-series just to name a few. f) yes, there are alot of NEW GAMES, but are they good in your opinion - that i cant know and really dont want to. The way you point out the "bad" sides of the games shows you have really no idea what you're talking about.

#10 - Posted by: Francoista4 (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 07:43

Crysis Warhead, anyone? I got this one recently, it's like Farcry1 (even better, maybe). For those who wonder, Farcry2 has absolutely nothing to do with the 1, and from what I've heard about this game, Crytek (who made FC1 and Crysis) have apparently forgot to sell their skills along with the license :p Other than that, I'm still enjoying this 11 years old game, called Total Annihilation!

#11 - Posted by: TDATL (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 07:51

"There simply cannot be as good rpg as Fallout2" Fallout 1, while smaller, was as good if not a better RPG. After recently replaying them both I still find fallout 1 had a better loot balance and feel. In fallout 2 they added tons of new guns and armor but spread them out poorly (compared to Fallout.) Power armor is available in San Fran shops for around $60k while combat armor is around $30k. At that point in the game it would be stupid to buy the combat or power armor at such prices. San Fran is also where you get the quest to Navarro and if you didn't know that at the time then power armor is too cheap to expect someone to get combat armor instead. Power armor shouldn't be for sale in the first place. The very quest to get you Brotherhood of Steel power armor requires you pick up Adv. Power Armor to complete. How does that make sense? In Fallout 1 top armor and guns felt more valuable. Combat armor was available earlier from non-BoS sources and still available from BoS early enough to be useful. Getting power armor was a big accomplishment like it should be. Getting an assault rifle was big for a bit. Getting that plasma rifle was a momentous occasion. The spread of weapons and armor in fallout and their relative power made the flow much smoother and less "why did they even bother with 'X' armor." Tesla armor was the only strong case of this in fallout 1 since power armor was close enough in energy protection and had far superior protection for everything else. Especially since Tesla armor wasn't available till the very end of the game. Fallout 1 and 2 were and still are great games and great RPGs. Fallout 1 however (probably due to smaller scope) was much more thoroughly balanced and planed out. As to the poll. None of the ones I'm currently playing are up. STALKER SoC, Dawn of War:Dark Crusade, Fallout 1/2 and vampire the masquerade: bloodlines are what I have been playing recently (in order of most frequency.) Stalker is kinda a obvious one given the site though. :p

#12 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 11:14

@TDATL yeah well, my own personal experience about fallout 1 is pretty small compared to fallout2, but i just loved fallout2 :) and still do ofc.

#13 - Posted by: ferbekverbauer (Member) on 11-10-2008 at 13:34