SCREENSHOTS are located on the PART 1 page.
This mod changes the complete weather system in the game. This is a brilliant mod and well worth the download.
This is only PART 2, you must also download PART 1 which can be found here.
- new, sun-based lighting system which makes the game look much more like real-life - during the day the sun always gives at least some lighting, but the color, intensity of it and the way it transits form one setting to another is depended on the time, clouds, fog, angle etc.
- realistic sunsets and sunrises
- new weather settings for all outdoor game levels (clear weather for Pripyat, Yantar, Dark Valley etc)
- included StalkerSkies and S.H.A.R.P.E.R.v95
- effective rain periods, thunder-storms
- included thunder sounds by Darius6, also reconfigured thunderbolts to make them more random and effective
- completely re-done sun positioning / shadow settings - shadows are realistically long (check out the screens) and point to the proper direction. All this perfectly synchronized with time of day, geographical orientation (sun rises in the east and sets in the west) and visible sun position
- sun travel "emulated" with proper sky texture transition and sky texture color settings
- realistically dark, spooky but playable nights
- more detailed cycle, number of periods multiplied (there are more than 40 periods of the cycle, instead of vanilla 24) - a lot of 30 minutes and even 15 minutes periods (instead of commonly used 1h ones) to better reflect and control the subtle lighting weather changes
- cycle synchronized for Kiev, UK, 01.05.2012 (original idea by MrKlorox Badmagic and their DarkerNights mod, so credits for it go to them - I recalculated the timings and since my sunrises and sunsets are animated, they are perfectly synchronized to the minute)
- two optional versions - darker and brighter nights
Don't forget to grab the quick fix here!!!
There are no comments yet. Be the first!