Weekly Poll Results - Do you play Legacy online? (PC or Xbox 360), if not, why n

Do you play Legacy online? (PC or Xbox 360), if not, why not?

No 84.1% (186)
Yes 15.8% (35)
Start: 06-07-2008 10:36
Last: 06-14-2008 13:00

#1 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 10:42

I cant as I have Vista. However, even if it did work i wouldnt.. its probably not very populated online and i dont see the point. Anyway i dont normally use Legacy recreationally ;)

#2 - Posted by: gdata (Staff) on 06-07-2008 at 11:01

I don't play really online, because it does not work right (the ports, ...), but I play sometimes a short match with ghugh via Hamachi...dunno if it is really online!

#3 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 06-07-2008 at 11:14

Maybe we could sort out a few minor tournament matches via Himatchi. Maybe even different category tournaments such as a Trek Battles tournament, an Aftermath Tournament, a UU tournament, and TLG tournament provided people are willing to install, setup and run Himatchi..and actually join..The only argument against that is the hassle of setting up himatchi and getting people interested in them.. I mean the contests aren't exactly popular so maybe online matches in a tournament would be a wired-to-the-moon idea.

#4 - lol - Posted by: mikjbee (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 11:33

i try to play via hamachi, it just says error: "other person has different game version" :'(

#5 - Posted by: Amagosa987 (Staff) on 06-07-2008 at 12:03

Thats the main problem, even if the person you are trying to play has the same version as you, you might not be able to play because they have a different version of a certain ship, or there weapon sprites might be different.

#6 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 12:14

if we do tournaments im so converting to xp haha wouldnt mind going against some of you :D is ther no way i can throw my renaissance class in? should be a mod allowing ports..

#7 - Posted by: Jc2006 (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 14:15

I've never played Multiplayer Legacy, and I wouldn't if I could. Main problem is that there's 0 community for multiplayer, so why play a game that no one elses plays?..................Legacy Multiplayer is also hideously unstable, as has been mentioned, when it comes to things like game matches, so you can't really think about mods unless you're maticulous in your planning, we (UU) made some improvements to multiplayer, but there's not too much that can be done. Finally of course, there is the Vista problem that hasn't been bypassed yet, so only XP machines would be able to play multiplayer. So yeah, I doubt it's possible to play online with Legacy in any meaningful way...........you know, just cos a game supposedly has multiplayer capability, doesn't mean it can actually been used, there's never been enough of a community for it and it's unstable.

#8 - Posted by: typoe99 (Member) on 06-07-2008 at 14:31

I dont play on line because first of all I can never connect with anyone, second online multiplayer is extremely laggy, third i switch between different versions to much

#9 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 06-07-2008 at 14:59

shame there isn't a gamespy lobby :(

#10 - Posted by: spud144 (Member) on 06-08-2008 at 12:05

My menu says no-one's playing :( Plus my gamespy's gone pear shaped lol

#11 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 11:17

No one plays online. So therefore I can't play online. Plus noone has my selection of Mods either. :(

#12 - Posted by: harper268 (Member) on 06-09-2008 at 16:03

I would love to play legacy online But i cant due everytime i try it crashs and it from my Vista program but i beleave it works with my Mod verisons but i havent found someone with my Mod that plays online

#13 - Posted by: kcansur721 (Member) on 06-11-2008 at 00:57

well, since it seems that most people have vista, maybe we should petition to have a completely new game with multiplayer compatibility for vista.

#14 - Posted by: Givdi (Member) on 06-11-2008 at 10:08

I don't play legacy online even though I would like to. The reason is simply because it doesn't work, I've tried it a number of times and it has not worked.:'(

#15 - Posted by: kcansur721 (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 12:57

continuing what i wrote earlier, they released legacy one month after vista was released so why did they make it only xp compatible for mulitplayer?

#16 - Posted by: cammy511 (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 17:04

NO ONE PLAYS THE ULTIMATE UNIVERSE ONLINE SAME WITH STOCK NO ONE IS ONLINE ON THAT EITHER

#17 - Posted by: cammy511 (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 17:05

MULTIY PLAYER WORKS ON MY VISTA I HAVE HOME PREMIUM

#18 - Posted by: Night_watch4995 (Member) on 06-14-2008 at 08:38

I can't play online because I have a business router and live doesn't agree with it for some reason. I would love to play online though.