Weekly Poll Results - What do you think of the second official Star Trek XI trai

Published by IKS_Yo_Mama 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What do you think of the second official Star Trek XI trailer?

Impressive, is it not, mr Spock? 31.3% (112)
It is illogical to assume its greatness, yet, Jim 26% (93)
Second official trailer? where? who? what? when? 19% (68)
I'm a doctor not a movie teaser! 11.7% (42)
I can't watch it capt'n its hurting my eyes! 11.7% (42)
Start: 11-15-2008 13:09
Last: 11-22-2008 09:21

#1 - Posted by: Just_the_guy (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 15:29

I'd vote for whichever one says "this sucks" if I could figure out which choice translates to that...

#2 - Posted by: afcZman (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 18:40

Its as epic as the teaser. Poor Kelvin gets owned. The free-falling/planetary drill sceen looks like it will be intense.

#3 - Posted by: borgambassador (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 03:44

not gonna give it a rating yet as its shot from the audience of a cinema, so ill wait till tomorrow. from what i could see however looks good, very good

#4 - Posted by: Jc2006 (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 04:48

I can't say what I think here, because it'd get me banned from the entire filefront network forever, more than likely. So I'll simply say that I voted that I hate it and won't say anymore, lol.......I voted, that's all that was asked of us.

#5 - #4 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-16-2008 at 06:56

Well JC, if yo uarticulate your thoughts and opinions on it correctly without offending people then I see no reason not to post your comments. I will remain optimistic about this film, the same way I remain optimistic about all things trek.

#6 - Posted by: DoomRaiden (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 08:08

why is everything these days being made a prelude?? even james bond "casino royale" was a prelude?? come up with new ideas please lol i would of expected Voyager or DS9 to make a movie, not back to before TOS was made :(

#7 - #6 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-16-2008 at 08:12

Raiden, we all know a VOY or DS9 movie wouldn't have been a wise decision at all, those series were over, and voyager's viewing numbers wasn't good enough to honestly drive a movie proposal forward.

#8 - Posted by: DoomRaiden (Member) on 11-16-2008 at 13:40

@7 Voyager ended and thats that lol but i could see DS9 make a good one, the Dominion wars showed that lol but TOS was good while it lasted, and they lasted for quite a while lol but the cast aged, replacing them is just awful :(

#9 - Posted by: the_pessimist (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 12:36

#8 So you want fat old Shatner in the captain's chair?

#10 - Posted by: DoomRaiden (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 13:19

@9 no lol i just said the cast has aged. William Shatner even looked a little old in Star Trek Generations lol the cast would not be capable of making another movie, so isnt 6 enough? replacing the original crew of star trek is just kinda sad to me :(

#11 - startrekmovie.com - Posted by: Saije (Member) on 11-17-2008 at 13:53

for anyone who isn't sure, the official trailer that wasn't recorded from a movie theater is located on startrekmovie.com. It seemed to have a some longer scenes too. It looks realy interesting to me. Weird with the motorcycle & that car to me looked like it was from the mid 20th century, but then again I don't know my cars that well. My only complaint is that we have to wait until March 8 of '09 to see it. I think I like the original Christmas release date better, but what can you do.

#12 - Posted by: gdata (Staff) on 11-18-2008 at 07:59

I have to wait till July...meh!

#13 - Not Trek - Posted by: Chris_Jones (Member) on 11-18-2008 at 18:08

It's Not real Trek. The ship looks like mirror universe TMP future something, and the bridge looks like Galaxy Quest II. New actors would be fine, if they hadn't butchered the basis of Trek. Sorry Guys. Boycott for me on this JJ abomination. :thumbsdown:

#14 - Posted by: the_pessimist (Member) on 11-20-2008 at 17:22

@13 could you accept it as a cool movie based on Trek but not necessarily cannon? P.S. yes I do realize that I just questioned the great Chris Jones

#15 - Posted by: Callumjw (Member) on 11-20-2008 at 22:37

I personally can’t see how it can fit in with the rest of the movies/series. The Enterprise looks to futuristic and it looks like it’s been squashed. And I don’t like the bridge at all. It looks more technologically advanced than the Enterprise-E bridge. Which makes no sense. If it's not cannon, it can't be Trek, it just doesn't work. :'(

#16 - Well.. - Posted by: Chris_Jones (Member) on 11-20-2008 at 22:43

15 is correct. 14 - This will be good Sci-Fi film, not a Star Trek film, In My Humble Opinion - so yes I can accept it as a movie influenced by Trek - but it is NOT Star Trek on any level. JJ has dumbed down the franchise to appeal to a non-Trek audience - which could have been done with coming up with this abomination. There are ways to appeal to Trekkers and Non-Trekkers alike. JJ can;t figure out how so he just gives us this crap.

#17 - Posted by: Kallisto_2095 (Member) on 11-21-2008 at 06:04

@16 yes it´s correct what i say about the trailer is following : who designed those vessels ??? :confused: i´ve never seen such starships before ... :thumbsup: