Weekly Poll Results - Which is your favourite modification pack to date?

Which is your favourite modification pack to date?

Ultimate Universe (Chris Jones Gaming) 58.5% (172)
Trek Battles series (nEw-GEN team) 20.4% (60)
STL: The Aftermath (Tjoz) 11.5% (34)
Keys of Legacy (Alexraptor) 4.4% (13)
The Legendary Generations mod (TLG) 3.4% (10)
Community mod - the 'kickstarter' :) (Trickster) 1.7% (5)
Start: 06-21-2008 12:06
Last: 06-28-2008 11:50

#1 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 06-21-2008 at 12:11

Before anything is written please keep comments clean and respectful

#2 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 06-21-2008 at 12:15

Indeed, I didn't create this poll to start a comment war - simply to judge the public usage! -I have voted for the community mod as it was released soon after the launch of Legacy and it perhaps, although was inevitable, it prompted people into developing Legacy! :)

#3 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 12:16

This is a difficult vote. People like each mod for different reasons. I favour Aftermath because its easy to use, no lag on the ship selection and is good for modders. However, New Gen have released Trek Battles, full ofb attles, high quality ships and gdatas STL Manager which enable quick access to battles going against ships of your choice. Ultimate Universe is good as its simply crammed with maps, missions, modes, ships and all sorts. Stage 2 also look great and looks to be far more advanced that its predeccessor. Legendary Generations add a bit to the game by giving more stats and offering a bit more fun out of the game - however, it isnt a mod that competes too much with TB or UU. Alex raptors Keys of Legacy has simply revolutionalised Legacy. With new effects and brillaint detail, he's made Legacy far better than before and makes the game so much more enjoyable..

#4 - Posted by: J_picard (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 13:22

i voted for uu if you want to know there is a comment war in modding...and a comment peace treaty which i was forcd to sign because all that typing was sure to give me arthritis

#5 - Ultimate Universe - Posted by: STARFLEET27 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 14:44

Ultimate Universe Mod by Chris Jones Gaming. 'Nuff said. :mepimp:

#6 - Posted by: Jc2006 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 14:55

I voted for UU, and while that may seem obvious because I'm on the team, I'd still like to explain why I voted for UU. I've been with the team since January 2007, and in that time, there's been some rough times for UU and there still are occassions today that things don't go the way we'd like them, but the kind of teamwork I've seen from the UU modders is probably second to none. We work together, interconnect our modding skills and ideas and at the core, it's just a group of friends having fun with Star Trek. Speaking at the level of product, UU 1.0 is still downloaded strong today as it was when it was first released, something I can assure all downloaders, that we appreciate. I speak as one of the priviledged few who have access to what we have so far of the awaited Stage 2 material and things are looking great, especially Muldrf's tools, which I assure the downloaders again, the recent version Muldrf released on here was a downgraded tool to work on Version 1.0 of Ultimate Universe...........Version 2.0 features were removed for capatibility, so the tool far from ends there. Ultimate Universe is my favourite because I know the team as friends, I know the work, research and attention to detail on some things that goes into everything our team builds.............and one last assurance, UU 2.0 has been very quiet in actual released content............Don't worry though, that just means it's saving up for the day 2.0 is finally released.

#7 - Posted by: Fangoriously (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 16:53

were is the oem+ option? :'( version 3 is in the works too, its not dead or anything. http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Legacy_OEM_20;84116 - remember this? i could argue it belongs on this poll

#8 - Posted by: tjoz (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 17:32

Where's OEM? I like that mod the most out of the big mods. I not going to vote for my own mod though (I have the most different mod to everyone else up there). I like Trek Battles as 2nd, the gameplay in it is good, the quality is consistent and the growth of it has been very good for such a young team. I like the missions too and the accents. I havent played the Community Mod or Keys of Legacy on their own but Ive played them when they have been incorporated into the larger mods. Those two mods though have built bases for many modders out there though. They also the only two mods up there I havent worked on lol. TLG I like the interface and the stat system, but its age shows compared to the newer versions of all the other mods up there. TLG was at the top of its game way back when and some of its ideals Ive taken into developing Aftermath (quality and beta testing). UUM is a mod that is best for the newcommers to Legacy as it tries to cater to everyone, it has stuff for the canon nazi's, stuff for the fanboys (god-ships) and then some stuff for the casuals. It has the most maps, missions/modes and ships. The only issues I see with UUM are quality consistency. Though that area is understandable for a mod of that size but hope in 2.0 they can close the consistency gap so its not as obvious. The more consistent any product is the better it is. Consistency leads to growth (New Gen best show this).

#9 - Posted by: hello77 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 20:02

So basically. your calling everybody that plays UU noobs? how come I happen to see a majority vote of Ultimate Universe then.... hmm.... strange.... UU all the way!

#10 - Posted by: hello77 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 20:14

But I do like all the other mods :P I think TLG is very fun too :D

#11 - Posted by: Fangoriously (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 21:45

no, basically he didn't call them noobs. he said it caters to everybody, that includes non noobs. do not start this crap.

#12 - Posted by: tjoz (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 22:20

hello77, read my post alittle better before jumping to conclusions. For anyone that picks up Legacy and plays it then hops online to find mods, UUM is their first port of call as it has everything. That is not an insult by any means....

#13 - Posted by: hello77 (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 22:42

Alright, I am sorry for my misreading.

#14 - Posted by: gdata (Staff) on 06-21-2008 at 23:19

26% market share...thx guys! I actually play four of these Mods...Aftermath, UUM, KoL and (surprise ;)) Trek Battles!

#15 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 06-22-2008 at 01:02

LOL - what a brilliant description! :rock:

#16 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-22-2008 at 01:48

all mods are very well produced.. all of them compare very well against each other and some have the unique aspects which are good for different types of people. aftermath is good for learning to mod. UUM is best for everything with a wide range of modes, ships, and maps. Trek Battles is good for quality. All their ships are thoroughly done with POSSIBLY the best quality available. These are my opinions - not facts.

#17 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 06-22-2008 at 14:12

Read first, post later...that general rule avoids conflict. OEM should be there..we'll fix that. I haven't played KoL at all. Community Mod was the first one to really get the whole show on the road so I give kudos for that. I don't know about you all but I kinda have different feelings when I play the different ones.. I dunno how to say it but when I play UU Mod I kinda feel as if I am playing a Dominion War based Mod, maybe its just because of all the Dominion ships in it, but it does take me back to the good old days of DS9 when I play it for some reason. TB2 reminds me alot of the TMP era, maybe because of the Interface but when I play it I always like to play with the TMP ships for some reason.. :) Aftermath reminds me of an alternate universe with it's dark forboding theme to it. I just love the whole dark combat-orientated mood to the mod. TLG reminds me most of Legacy itself which is also good but I'm not a big fan of the whole canon thing especially since trek canon contradicts itself so much. I like the OEM mod for its simplicity though I am expecting it to grow to be a full TC at some point. To be perfectly direct, I think we are lucky that we even have these mods still alive that are releasing content every couple of months