Weekly Poll Results - Which one of the following offensive tactics would you mos

Which one of the following offensive tactics would you most like to see incorporated into Legacy somehow?

Ramming 38.9% (191)
Multi-Vector-Assault-Mode 37.5% (184)
Warp core ejection 14% (69)
Deflector pulse 7.3% (36)
Other (Please specify and explain!) 2% (10)
Start: 06-28-2008 12:26
Last: 07-06-2008 10:50

#1 - Posted by: starfleetcommand3 (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 12:49

MVAM and Ramming.

#2 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 06-28-2008 at 12:53

I swear I watched a video before the Legacy release where some developer said Ramming was being looked at for Klingon ships - this may mean it's either possible and they never got around to it or its impossible hence why they never added it! I vote for MVAM

#3 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 13:14

ramming... it needs to have it. you cant simply bounce off ships :mad:

#4 - Posted by: dermo (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 13:33

I agree, MVAM and ramming...can't decide between them

#5 - Posted by: Amagosa987 (Staff) on 06-28-2008 at 13:53

Im gona stick my neck out an say warp core ejection. It would be great if we could have mvam and ramming, but i think having that warp core as an offensive option would be pretty cool, think it would have to be based on the mvam system, but i think it would add that extra option should you run out of torpedoes. :D

#6 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 06-28-2008 at 14:37

Ramming can work..an ODF change can effectively give you ramming but what will happen is the ships will just run into each other and the will just stop and explode into chunks..it is ramming but it doesn't look too hot plus its way too buggy to work properly

#7 - Posted by: tjoz (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 14:38

Two of them things up in that list are highly possible ;)

#8 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 14:59

Two of them things up in that list are highly possible

deflector pulse can be hardpointed and made so it only rarelt fires at the right angle ;)

Warp cor ejection can be a very very big retextured photon sprite ;);)

#9 - Posted by: tjoz (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 15:21

Actually acidfluxx, now that you put it that way; all of them can be done. I think just about all the ships have a hp in the vicinity of the deflector dish, warp core ejection can be done two ways (your sprite way and utilizing something else in Legacy...). MVAM, there is actually a small amount of code to support some ideals of it. There are also a few of the ships that provide more evidence that it was considered at some stage in the development cycle. My guess is its a useless feature for Legacy that has no real benefit to the type of game Legacy is. For the fanboys yes it of use to them but for casuals, its a gimmick. Ramming, to an extent its already in Legacy. But for it to be more mainstream than what it is, it needs more than a few odf changes. Its something that will effect all aspects of Legacy (AI, physics, odfs, artillery etc). There is code that needs to be removed, negated or turned off in order for ramming/collisions to happen. A little hint on ramming is remove the ellipsoid ;) There are many things Legacy is capable of

#10 - Posted by: J_picard (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 15:50

Ramming definetly,I would remodel the defiant to have an armoured spike at the front.That would be so cool.

#11 - Posted by: Hawk24952004 (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 16:18

i vote for all of the above personally

#12 - deployable fighters - Posted by: whitish (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 16:33

MVAM would be awesome! also something close along those lines, fighter deployment! that would be a recharging weapon that could deploy little NPC fighters. also transphasic torpedoes (from VOY year of hell part1/2) that i think could be pretty easy, just an ODF change.

#13 - Ramming!!! - Posted by: STARFLEET27 (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 23:02

I voted for Ramming. While MVAM sounds fun and all, there's only 2, maybe 3 ships that can use it (Galaxy, and Prommy being 2 of them). Ramming would give the player the "last ditch effort" advantage. I use ships mostly from the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance or Terran Empire, and if I happen to be losing, the idea of ramming the enemy to bring them down with me sounds appealing. It would also allow us to recreate many good scenes in PotDs (like the collision scene from ST: Nemesis, or the YoH collision from ST: Voyager). :cool:

#14 - Posted by: acidfluxxbass (Member) on 06-28-2008 at 23:52

distress callls. bring external ships into the fight!

#15 - Posted by: FekleyrTarg (Member) on 06-29-2008 at 00:01

I voted for "other" because I want ALL offensive tactics which are listed above. Especially MVAM.

#16 - Posted by: J_picard (Member) on 06-29-2008 at 00:28

you can "take them fown with you" just modify the blast radius and damage of a ships self destruct.

#17 - Posted by: gdata (Staff) on 06-29-2008 at 10:03

MVAM and other types of Seperation/Launching of missiles/Shuttles!

#18 - Posted by: Wiikid (Member) on 06-29-2008 at 16:56

i voted for MVAM.. i mean wouldn't it be cool to separate a galaxy class or a Prometheus? :rock:

#19 - Ramming, of course!! - Posted by: FoodMongol (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 15:17

Why not? Its the most basic tactic in naval history... and you don't even get to use it?! Man, if someone could incorporate that into the game, I would label that person God Almighty.

#20 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 06-30-2008 at 15:19

All the above! :cool:

#21 - Posted by: TrekerMonty (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 21:43

I think it would be interesting to have some sort of a shield projector like the Romulans have in Armada 1 and 2. I have no idea how possible this would be for the game, but it would add to it. The ships armed with it couldn't be allowed to use it to recharge their own shields, of course.

#22 - All of the above - Posted by: lotus07 (Member) on 07-01-2008 at 23:44

I want to see all of these. I have been playing the game so long I am starting to get bored with it. I want be able to do more of the things they do in the series. I would also like to be able to use a Enterprise J, it looks awsome and powerful.

#23 - Posted by: hello77 (Member) on 07-02-2008 at 13:03

I'd prefer all four as well! Man how fun the game would be if you could take the enterprise and ram her into the scimitar... or take the Enterprise A and ram it into a star base... haha, same with multivector assualt mode... DOUBLE TEAMED! :)

#24 - Posted by: USS_Voyager_ (Member) on 07-04-2008 at 04:29

I want all. xD

#25 - Posted by: Feno (Member) on 07-04-2008 at 17:19

Here's what I think: Ramming, MVAM and the Deflector Pulse would be awesome. The only way Warp Core Ejection could be remotely believable is if we have the option to do it, but it never works.