Weekly Poll Results - Which Star Trek technology item would you most like to own

Published by IKS_Yo_Mama 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

Which Star Trek technology item would you most like to own and why!?

Replicator (but not to replicate the other items here) 31.6% (180)
Transporter 31.5% (179)
Portable cloaking device 14% (80)
Phaser 13.2% (75)
Other (Please specify) 4.4% (25)
Tricorder 3.6% (21)
Hypospray 0.7% (4)
Environmental suit 0.5% (3)
Communicator 0.1% (1)
Start: 08-02-2008 06:33
Last: 08-09-2008 10:18

#1 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 08-02-2008 at 06:34

I hope to see lots of funny comments about what people would do with these items :P - I chose transporter - getting out of bed at the last minute, it would be a godsend!

#2 - Posted by: Hellraiser_NGMT (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 06:44

Well with a replicator i could make most of the other tech, so i vote for that.

#3 - Posted by: J_picard (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 07:00

i'll get the replicator then replicate the cloaker and then i won't tell you what i'll do with it because rule number 2 won't let me

#4 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 08-02-2008 at 07:23

I can foresee that everyone will just vote like that, poll changed :D

#5 - Posted by: Hellraiser_NGMT (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 07:36

The poll changed, but i still want a replicator.

#6 - Posted by: michaelappleby2002 (Staff) on 08-02-2008 at 07:39

It'd be a curse to me, I'd get fat!

#7 - Posted by: J_picard (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 07:42

if you 'd made the poll like that from the start i would of gone with other. lol t'pol

#8 - Posted by: TiberiousKirk (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 09:08

#1 I agree fully, however a cloak would be nice too. It was a close call but I chose the Transporter for the purpose of not leaving till the last minute

#9 - Posted by: omega47 (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 09:58

I choose other.......I want a anti-matter reactor. Can you imagine the power you would have, you could change the world. Because you can give it a endless supply of energy when you have constructed a anti-matter reaction core. That would change the world. Because for now the energy efficiency of producing anti-matter is a negitive one. In other words the amount of energy needed to make anti-matter is bigger than the amount of energy it will supply you with. So if I have a anti-matter reactor with a positive Energy efficiency I could change the world and get us one step closser to the United Earth (and after that the United Federation of Planets)!!! greets

#10 - Posted by: kirk2164 (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 10:24

Tricorder, defiantly. All electronics problems could be instantly solved by scanning the problem components and locating the problem.

#11 - Posted by: Commander_Bobenstien (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 12:32

transporter. as opposed to taking long trips to see relatives, i could just teleport there. my second choice would probably be replicator though

#12 - Posted by: ant2006 (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 14:47

i would like a holodeck

#13 - bah - Posted by: alexraptor (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 14:55

You guys are so unimaginative. An iconian gateway of course! Transport not just somewhere on the planet but also anywhere in the galaxy!

#14 - Posted by: WerdBorg (Member) on 08-02-2008 at 23:31

I choose a Computer Core as another option-it would have all Federation Knowledge so I could create all the stuff;) ps Then I would build a holodeck-they can be very very useful;)

#15 - Posted by: Riker_E (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 00:27

I'd go with the replicator, but then replicate a micro-computer core and appropriate parts so i could actually use it, and then wire it into the replicator and forcibly create all the little stuff and then rig it through a massive transporter, deflector, and warp-core to make a star-ship replicator. he he, replicate a fleet! Hello U.S.S.-Prometheus, and what was that, I have to go to school? come get me! Computer, lay in a random course, and have the fleet move out at warp 4

#16 - Posted by: ghugh (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 01:36

I'ld like to have a replicator, because i could replicate enough food for everyone in the world or some antimater and dilicium for warpcores :D

#17 - Posted by: Doglord (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 05:29

Holodeck, definately

#18 - Posted by: Rogue25 (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 07:35

Man you guys forgot the best one "The Hollodeck "the ultimate video game

#19 - Posted by: witchunter180 (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 08:58

Transporter; with it I could see friends and family much quicker and easier, not to mention the cost of gas it would remove :) and not having to worry about people breaking into your car #9 I could agree to that, but my line of thinking is that, if you have the technology to transport people, you could probably find a way to make the energy necessary to run it (though we are talking about several terajoules, if my calculations are right, it'd take to run it :p

#20 - Posted by: J_picard (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 11:27

@12 a holodeck with t'pol programmed in?

#21 - Posted by: starfox1701 (Member) on 08-03-2008 at 19:18

Replicaters mak more than just food. Can we say gold, jems, I'm going to retire. Don't need tor buy gas I'll just replicate:p

#22 - Posted by: starfleetcommand3 (Member) on 08-05-2008 at 10:44

Phasers! I stun everyone!

#23 - Posted by: RogueAngyl (Member) on 08-05-2008 at 16:56

I would have said replicator if I could replicate a phaser... wait a minute, disrupter isn't on that list.... DO OVER!

#24 - Posted by: Wiikid (Member) on 08-05-2008 at 17:47

transporter.. it would be the end of traffic! plus you could easily sneak out of school! *goes into bathroom* "energize"

#25 - Replukator - Posted by: master_666 (Member) on 08-06-2008 at 11:59

with a replikator i could replikat a lot of things I need all days ( Food, Money, gas, ...). It's great what you can do with this item =)

#26 - Posted by: Zube1337 (Member) on 08-06-2008 at 23:32

Others I want the Armor technology,transphasic torpedoes,Prometheus,Holo mobile emitter,EMH all version,phaser/rifile,Warp core,Bio neural,isoliear chip,turbolift,ELBAZ,Delta Flyer,Coherent tetryon beam,Fresh cup of coffee,phase pistols,Quantum slipstream drive,"USS Dauntless",Main Computer,Data's emotion chip,phase cloaking device(used in Pegasus),Borg nanites,Borg Tact cube,DS9 wormhole,M5 computer,Doomsday machine,Giant pitcher telepathic plant,Dillithium,holodeck,deflector dish,shield emitters,Deuterium,Spatial Scission,Timeship,Chronotion torpedoes,Species 8472/Fludic species,Borg cutting beam,energy ribbon,Tahlaron matrix and Data's cat Spot!

#27 - Posted by: Zube1337 (Member) on 08-06-2008 at 23:33

Oh yeah I forgot one The Great Barrier

#28 - Posted by: Casio24 (Member) on 08-07-2008 at 08:29

id chose other- holodeck do whatever whenever you want, even if it would not be real

#29 - Posted by: Stargazor_001 (Member) on 08-07-2008 at 14:30

I would certunately go for the transporter ... But what the heck would I need a drivers licence for

#30 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 08-07-2008 at 15:45

Klingon Bat'leth..that's all I would need and the world would be mine.

#31 - #26 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 08-07-2008 at 15:51

Ok Zube... transphasic torpedoes (any weapons) = need the technology to fire them Prometheus = how would you get up there to pilot it. Holo mobile emitter = why? EMH all version = to annoy you? Warp core = again why? what use would it be? Bio neural = huh? turbolift = use an escalator Fresh cup of coffee = Go to Starbucks Quantum slipstream drive = fit it onto a Honda Civic? Data's emotion chip = strange Giant pitcher telepathic plant = again, strange Species 8472/Fludic species = why oh why would you want those guys Borg cutting beam = some cheese can be tough to cut energy ribbon = need to get rid of half the planet, why not Data's cat Spot! = you'd get a nicer cat in your local pet store.

#32 - Posted by: TrekerMonty (Member) on 08-07-2008 at 17:27

If I'm not allowed to use a replicator to replicate any other technology from Star Trek then my first choice would be the Cloaking Devise. Perhaps a phase cloaking devise, actually, provided I'd have the ability to switch between a phased state and a normally cloaked state easily (what would be the point if I couldn't do anything while cloaked).. but walking through walls would be interesting. I could make people feel insane.. just stand in a room with someone and when I'm sure they wouldn't see, I'd de-cloak and act like I was there the whole time. I'd settle for normal cloaking though. If anything just to escape a bad situation.. how many times have we all said to ourselves.. "I just wish I was invisible right now". Second choice is Transporter, of course.. Although I'd probably turn into a giant blob of fat due to lack of exercise. Still.. I'd rather spend a breath or two saying "beam me over to wherever" than a fortune on gas for my car. Third is replicator because I could replicate whatever the hell I wanted, of course. I'd replicate a manual explaining how to build whatever other star trek tech I wanted. Hey, it isn't replicating the technology itself now is it? :p

#33 - rawr - Posted by: SaphireFenix (Member) on 08-08-2008 at 10:15

I have to say other, because I would want a holodeck lol. Introducing the Holodeck, whe UNIVERSES greatest gaming experience! I mean, instead of playing star trek Legacy, you could design your own starship and command it yourself. And you would never have to worry about killing your friends while sword fighting, as you can just spar with a holo program.

#34 - Transporter - Posted by: TIQHUD (Staff) on 08-08-2008 at 13:34

easier to get around, no gas pumps$$:thumbsup:

#35 - why no holodeck? - Posted by: whitish (Member) on 08-08-2008 at 17:51

first being holodeck (for obvious reasons (SEX)) the second being the transporter. you could take all the cars off the road. in fact there would be no purpose for roads. and we would no longer need to use any kind of fuel (apart from raw energy to work the transporter)

#36 - Posted by: RepublicAscendant (Member) on 08-09-2008 at 06:55