Weekly Poll Results - For the most part, do you like the Special Edition changes

For the most part, do you like the Special Edition changes made to the OT?

Yes 78.9% (382)
No 21% (102)
Start: 12-05-2008 06:47
Last: 12-12-2008 11:57

#1 - Posted by: Pinguin (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 07:40

uhm... OT?

#2 - Posted by: MasterSaitek009 (Staff) on 12-05-2008 at 08:02

OT = Old Trilogy

#3 - Posted by: Commander_Fordo (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 09:31

Maybe this is kinda dumb, but I don`t get the question!!! :confused:

#4 - Posted by: Corbec_UST (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 09:43

old? Lol. You mean original trilogy. I liked SOME of the changes. (there was a neat little scene in ESB when Vader request for his shuttle to take him to the SSD at the end of the movie that was kind of nice to have because you saw the Imps taking control of the city. I also liked in ANH when you see the actual ships taking off instead of just little dots moving. Other scenes were dumb like when han runs around the corner well the stormtroopers get to a wall and turn around on the Death Star... they changed that too being an ENTIRE HANGER full of stormtroopers. Or when Greedo shot first. At least thats what I think this poll is talking about

#5 - Posted by: Corr (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 12:27

Did the Ewoks lose? I haven't seen, but if they did I know what I would answer!

#6 - Posted by: StupidJedi (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 13:11

The space battle over Endor probably could have been better,and there are a couple scenes that are kinda strange, like in The Empire Strikes Back near the end of the movie when Vader arrives on the star destroyer, it looks alot like a different camera angle of when Vader visits the 2nd Death Star in Return of the Jedi. But I definitely think the changes to the Original Trilogy are awsome.:thumbsup:

#7 - Posted by: StupidJedi (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 13:13

omg i knew i was right about greedo shooting first!

#8 - Posted by: Chisslord (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 14:14

I liked it definitely. It adds to the experience. One moment that stands out in my mind is as the end of "A new Hope" where Anakin's ghost actually looks like the Anakin from episodes I, II, and III

#9 - @8 - Posted by: Dean_Winchester (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 19:15

i loathe hayden christensen and particularly his portayl of anakin, so i hate that part

#10 - Posted by: GameFreak0000 (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 20:21

I would rather not participate in the poll but I guess I'll just say yes since many people have already.

#11 - Posted by: FireV (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 08:00

Han shot first. >.>

#12 - Posted by: eaegftw (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 08:06

Han shot first, the original dialogue between Emperor Palpatine and Vader in ESB, and Hayden Christiensen are all things that compelled me to vote no. They should have just made the visual effects better, instead of changing the storyline, even then I don't want a CGI Falcon. But what can you do?

#13 - Posted by: msc204x (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 09:07

It doesnt really matter to me, mainly cause i have the special addition VHS that mainly has the original theatrical version. :P i never got the DVDs.... yet...

#14 - i like them - Posted by: 666rulerofclones (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 14:52

the ones i really like are, #1: replacing the old emperor with Ian McDiarmids head in episode 5 #2: the new explosions when either the death star blows up or the death star blows up a planet #3: replacing Sean Sebastian (or whatever his name was), with Hayden Christensen, and i really didnt notice anything else

#15 - Posted by: Ty294 (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 15:17

I actually like the effects in the original trilogy alot better then the new one. They're slower but look alot more real while with the new ones everything is clearly animated, I mean nothing lookes real!

#16 - Posted by: Jaahb (Member) on 12-06-2008 at 17:00

I voted no. There is alot of good changes but the bad outweigh them in my opinion. Good. CGI on the battles like teh death star. Non chimpasie monkey emperor in ESB. I felt that the replacement of this seen was much better. Undisided. replacing Bobas voice to match the actor's from episodes 2-3 The singing sceen in jabbas Palace. Bad. The extra sceen in a new hope with jabba which shows the falcon before you should see it. Do you seriously believe that a Criminal lord who would kill Han for losing a spice shipment would let him get away with standing and walking over his tail?? unlikely greedo shooting first with Special editon his lazer firing in a different direction to where its pointed, and in the 04 on han whole body moving very artifically to the side as it fires. This is how I first seen it, but I always knew something just wasn't right about it. The 04 lightsabers are a blur now without the super cool white core (ANH is ok but they are like this in ESB and ROTJ). Very Bad. Hayden Christiensen's face being stuck into jedi. If in the future I'm showing my kids starwars il have them watching the origional trilogy first and theyd have no clue who he is + Luke wouldn't know who he is as hes only seen old haggard vader anakin + Anakin never wore those jedi robes. This is the only seen that Really Really angered me tho; it just felt like he was destroying the essence of the origional trilogy, as well as fouling on the origional actor's face. Last one there is my main greviance with the latest special editon

#17 - Posted by: Commander_Fordo (Member) on 12-07-2008 at 13:21

Oh, sorry about the 3rd comment, I got the idea now!!! :D Well, I voted Yes... :D

#18 - Posted by: Ryuukotseiz_SITHLORD (Member) on 12-08-2008 at 03:12

No, it's that good especially the end :r

#19 - @Jaahb - Posted by: AresofWar (Member) on 12-08-2008 at 09:38

The reason they had to have Han walk on Jabba's tail was because they had originally filmed Jabba as a human, and in that scene, Han walked behind Jabba. Because Jabba was then changed into the slug we know and love, they had to have Han walk on his tail in order to move him around... Hence the step onto the tail, its also a bit odd when Han leans really into Jabba, its kinda funny lol I think I watched that on the VHS Special Edition in the beginning stuff... But I voted yes, the good outweighs the bad... But, either way, I think it adds to it. AoW

#20 - Posted by: Creel (Member) on 12-08-2008 at 19:18

No; neither my family nor I like any of the changes made. We only watch the limited edition DVDs with the unaltered theatrical release.

#21 - @ AresofWar - Posted by: Jaahb (Member) on 12-10-2008 at 09:24

yes I know that, but the screen was not in the origional, which mean't that the melinium falcon isn't seen until luke sees it, which is better layed out. Also everything explained in this scene is explained in the greedo scene.

#22 - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 12-11-2008 at 08:54

Staff Edit: If you want to keep posting like you did in this post, fine, but be aware that should you decide to do that, your stay here will be a short one.

#23 - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 12-11-2008 at 08:55

I Really like the scenes in ROTJ Where Naboo,Coruscant,Tatooine and Bespin celebrate and Hayden Ghost and Ian Palpatine

#24 - @ Anakin12 - Posted by: EraOfDesann (Staff) on 12-11-2008 at 10:47

Please watch the rude comments.

#25 - Posted by: DarthEthong467 (Member) on 12-11-2008 at 14:45

I don't care to sit here and debate about this... so I'll just say I got all of the DVD's right away and I love ALL of the additions/changes :rock:

#26 - Posted by: exodus_499 (Member) on 12-12-2008 at 09:10

#13: Yeah - I only ever had the Special Edition VHS set... So I got really confused the first time I saw this discussion :D