Weekly Poll Results - The Staff - What do you think of us?

Published by Maveritchell 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

The Staff - What do you think of us?

They're pretty good. 60% (322)
The staff are a mixed bag. 23.1% (124)
They suck eggs. 16.7% (90)
Start: 08-09-2008 21:39
Last: 08-15-2008 10:16

#1 - Posted by: Revan_Malak (Member) on 08-09-2008 at 23:55

Strange how BFII has this poll after Kotorfiles...:rolleyes: copy cats!:rolleyes:

#2 - Posted by: Maveritchell (Staff) on 08-10-2008 at 00:57

"Suck eggs" as a choice seems somewhat crude.

#3 - Posted by: Rodian_Janitor (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 07:55

yes,quite, i voted: "mixed bag" because i havent met ALL the staff.

#4 - Posted by: Corr (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 08:40

You're all just so PEACHY!!!!!!!! :P

#5 - Posted by: Fluffy_the_RC (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 09:56

I voted "Suck Eggs" jk I really voted the pretty good.

#6 - Well 2 be honest ! - Posted by: Anjin16 (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 10:52

i usually check the potd i lost my balltefront cd but mods are amazing the ppl are good. as for the staff. i havent met all of them just like #3 said. byt the folks are nice so i choouse pretty good. U all deserve a dougnut from me . go ahead take it. but i take the beer as usual .. :beer: }>

#7 - Posted by: Ryuukotseiz_SITHLORD (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 11:10

I think they could maybe do uploading things here and potd (often there for days) faster. I don't think reviewers are always staff, but some of the reviews are kinda bad. A mixed bag. Most of the staff is pretty good here it's

#8 - Posted by: Error2 (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 11:49

you guys rock w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mepimp: also u taste like cherrires:p

#9 - Posted by: Penguin_Unit (Staff) on 08-10-2008 at 12:20

Strange how BFII has this poll after Kotorfiles... copy cats!

This poll serves a dual purpose...

#10 - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 08-10-2008 at 14:04

They Suck As-Eggs

#11 - @10 - Posted by: Maveritchell (Staff) on 08-10-2008 at 17:25

I don't think this is a good idea for a poll, and had it been my poll it certainly wouldn't have been this, but since it's up there: Care to tell me why you think that I personally "suck as-eggs?" It's very frustrating to see that anyone would say that about me in light of the amount of work I put into this site (while still making time to be the only active modder on staff), much less 14.3 percent of the people.

#12 - Posted by: Darth_Oblivion (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 00:17

ah look and behold.........PU is copying KOTOR files.......how sad

#13 - Posted by: Anakin_Skywalker_Vader (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 01:49

Sad indeed!

#14 - Posted by: A_L_I_E_N (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 04:19

Can't say I like your style, but at least you get the job done.

#15 - Posted by: EGG_GUTS (Staff) on 08-11-2008 at 06:20

You all Better vote pretty good! *shakes angry fist*

#16 - Posted by: MercuryNoodles (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 06:43

I'm in total agreement that this sort of poll is inappropriate. No good ever comes from this sort of thing, as some of the above makes painfully obvious. It's understandable that someone on the staff might want to know how others see them, but you'll always get some kind of negative response. It just has great potential to go downhill from there.

#17 - Posted by: Loco_Modder (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 10:07

Mm... Penguin, were you intending on sending some sort of message to KOTORfiles with this poll?

#18 - Posted by: SykoRevan (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 12:43

Sometimes I see a review on here that isn't even a review, it's just one or two poorly spelled sentences vaguely describing the mod. I found 2 on the Latest 30 Files List http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Geonosis_Crossfire;92486 http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/the_crazy_map;92485 I'm only guessing, but it seems those reviews were done by the same person, who didn't even type a signature at the end. Other times, I've seen reviews so long that by the time I'm done reading, I could have downloaded and installed the mod 3 times. That's not so bad of course, but making them just a little bit shorter would be nice.

#19 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 13:24

I pick you suck, but then this site has been dead to me ever since BF2.

#20 - Posted by: tsurugi13 (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 13:55

If no one on staff thinks this poll was a good idea, then where did it come from? @ 18 Sometimes there is no review. Just a synopsis provided by the author. @ Staff, I think you do a great job considering how much work this seems like.

#21 - Posted by: Maveritchell (Staff) on 08-11-2008 at 15:02

@18: That's usually when someone uploads the file and just includes the description provided by the author. I don't know why any staffer would upload a file without actually reviewing it, but that's what happened in those cases. @19: Then why are you here?

#22 - Posted by: Corr (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 16:38

Don't worry, Mav. SOME of us here like ya'll. :rolleyes:

#23 - Posted by: andrew2448 (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 18:40

i agree with #7

#24 - Posted by: DarthHK (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 18:55

@21 Sometimes I still come in the foolish hope that a good BF1 file will be uploaded someday. Oh and I'm fairly certain the poll came from Penguin_Unit. Maybe I should just shut up and try mapping. >.<

#25 - Posted by: authraw (Member) on 08-11-2008 at 20:45

Wow. This poll is very much asking for trouble.

#26 - Posted by: Xavious (Staff) on 08-12-2008 at 09:50

Where's that "The staff are so awesome I wanna be just like them!" option? :p

#27 - Posted by: krissmus (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 14:52

well this was the first file front site that i used, and i think the staf are acculy pretty good, and i can't see why some say they suck, well im supportin ya, and i like maveritchell the best cus he's makin a kotor mod

#28 - Posted by: labj (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 16:18

I need a response, in have problems. I need somebody response this, please!! How many points do you have? Yes this is odd but i have problems with my game because i have too many points and medals but i have recieve some "actualisations" like the darktrooper principal weapon hit vehicles or i can destroy a tank by 2 shots just behind of it. So, when anyone response, i will response.

#29 - Posted by: Mr_dude_121 (Member) on 08-12-2008 at 20:14

I pick Xavious's option. :D

#30 - Posted by: battlefront_conquer (Member) on 08-13-2008 at 20:02

Mav, even though you don't seem to enjoy many of MY maps, I still have to say, that I respect your opinions and you do help me in the long run.( EGG_GUTS too, and others who I haven't had the pleasure of reviewing my stuff. And I agree with Kriss, this was my first Filefront site too. So I have come to appreciate not only he staff but the other members on the site for their help, ideas, and comments. :)

#31 - @30 - Posted by: Maveritchell (Staff) on 08-13-2008 at 21:10

Don't take it personally - I'm critical with everyone's stuff. I know exactly how I want to see a map and exactly what would go into making it that way, so it's easy for me to find things to criticize (be that for the better or for the worse). I wouldn't be giving my maps all 10s either.

#32 - Posted by: UNIT33 (Member) on 08-14-2008 at 03:38