Weekly Poll Results - What's your favorite SWBF2 map environment

Published by Maveritchell 10 years ago , last updated 1 year ago

What's your favorite SWBF2 map environment

Urban sprawl 30.3% (603)
Cold vacuum of space 16.2% (324)
Coastal paradise 12.3% (246)
Barren rocky desert 7.8% (156)
Frigid snow-capped peaks 7.5% (150)
Fiery volcanic wasteland 7.4% (148)
Cavernous tunnels 7.3% (147)
Rolling grasslands 5.8% (117)
Deep woodlands 4.9% (98)
Total: 1989
Start: 06-11-2008 22:02
Last: 07-09-2008 22:12

#1 - Thanks to everyone who posted that we needed a new poll - Posted by: Maveritchell (Staff) on 06-11-2008 at 22:04

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the staff being busy, it was just that we probably completely forgot we had polls on this site. :rolleyes:

#2 - Posted by: _Riveon_ (Member) on 06-11-2008 at 23:13

Hmmm...tough choice. Either Cavernous tunnels, Urban sprawl, Deep woodlands, or Coastal paradise. I'll single out Coastal Paradise. P.S. Why does no-one ban Epsilon5?

#3 - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 01:14

Urban sprawl. i just love urban combat. although someone forgot open platforms. (kamino) my vote would've gone there. sniping <3 :D

#4 - URBAN HUNT!!!!!!! - Posted by: Commander_Fordo (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 05:50

I loooove hunting down enemies one by one, in maps like Bespin city, Bespin platforms or Mos Eisley (Urban Maps)...

#5 - Posted by: DarthNerd (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 07:07

I would have to go with deep wood- urban sprawl is nice for sniping, and ranked a close 2nd with me, but in the wood you need tactics, cunning and sometimes sheer luck. theres also a lot of cover.

#6 - Posted by: bobfinkl (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 07:46

Woods and urban sprawl were a close call for me, but I chose urban sprawl because of Mygeeto my favorite multiplayer map, mainly because of all the blown up parts of it I can find a good spot to snipe then move on under the cover of the craters and debris.

#7 - Posted by: delta47 (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 08:59

My favorite would probably be Coastal Paradise followed by Deep Woodlands and Urban. Their pretty much all enjoyable if you play a certain kind over and over again than it gets really boring.

#8 - Urban Sprawl - Posted by: trainmaster611 (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 16:08

I think the term you're looking for is 'urban enviroment'. Urban Sprawl means like suburbs and spread out development. Maps like Italia and Coruscant: Streets are Urban maps, not "urban sprawl". Sorry, that was bothering me :p

#9 - Posted by: Lukeisaphony (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 17:51

i really enjoy urban combat, but i also love the large scale battles involving the offense/defense of a well entrenched beachhead is quite fun, so i'd have to go with 'coastal paradise'

#10 - Posted by: Fluffy_the_RC (Member) on 06-12-2008 at 18:12

Coastal Paradise, definitely. I love Kashyyyk and de---*shuts up*

#11 - Posted by: Gold_Leader (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 14:06

Why isn't there a city choice? 'Cause that'll be mine. But I also do like Coastal Paradise. Such nice, you can feel the wind in your hair,the sand in your feet...

#12 - Posted by: Anakin12 (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 16:44

Barren Desert-Tatooine,Geonosis,Korriban

#13 - Posted by: Kamon067 (Member) on 06-13-2008 at 21:03

Fiery wastelands. Mustafar was the best Star wars planet that I have ever seen. (And the original thought of that planet was George's vision of hell. The kind of place I'd love to kill in.)

#14 - Posted by: UNIT33 (Member) on 06-16-2008 at 07:19

Urban sprawl - that's why COD 4 is so popular.

#15 - Posted by: acrazy1one (Member) on 06-19-2008 at 18:30

is there gonna be a new poll or what?

#16 - Who Cares? - Posted by: Italian_Ice (Member) on 06-20-2008 at 09:31

Is this question asking what eviorment is most challenging or where you would rather die at? Its a combat simulator, not a scenic walk in the park for peets sake!

#17 - Posted by: acrazy1one (Member) on 06-21-2008 at 17:46

Urban Sprawl is boring space is cool when you set a timebomb on the ships and they blow up :) jungle hunts are fun too I like knocking people into lava with a grenade :) NEW POLL PLEASE

#18 - @16 - Posted by: negah (Member) on 06-22-2008 at 00:29

SWBF2 is never a combat simulator, its an arcade running around and shooting at everything that makes your aim red and moves i suggest you to play operation flashpoint or armed assault to understand what a combat simulator could be

#19 - Posted by: JediJalepinio (Member) on 06-25-2008 at 09:02

tough one. I'd have to go with urban sprawl just because it allows you to run around a corner and find yourself with a gun pointed at your face. I always love those moments:D

#20 - Posted by: DarthVenge (Member) on 06-25-2008 at 11:18

we could use a new poll... but we just need to wait until the staff comes up with one but i have ideas, if the staff cares...

#21 - Posted by: JediJalepinio (Member) on 06-27-2008 at 14:43

srry for the double post, but the entire site seems to be on hold. I submitted some files awhile ago and they haven't got to them yet. This isn't a critisism, just a note. They probably have good reasons.