Weekly Poll Results - Why do you watch/enjoy Star Wars?

Published by Maveritchell 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

Why do you watch/enjoy Star Wars?

I like watching stuff blow up 31% (371)
Real life is boring 29.3% (351)
I like lasers 14.8% (178)
X-Wings go whooooosh! 14.3% (171)
I don't have time for this poll (irony!) 10.3% (124)
Start: 03-15-2009 19:06
Last: 03-23-2009 19:32

#1 - Posted by: Ty294 (Member) on 03-15-2009 at 19:45

Real life is boring.

#2 - Posted by: Corbec_UST (Member) on 03-15-2009 at 20:06

I think those are the most amazing results I have ever seen Real life is boring 33.3% (5) I like watching stuff blow up 26.6% (4) X-Wings go whooooosh! 20% (3) I don't have time for this poll (irony!) 13.3% (2) I like lasers 6.6% (1) Real Life is boring

#3 - Posted by: LeaNikkaya (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 04:15

Real life is far too boring. Get up, wash, eat, work, eat, sit at pc, eat, sit at pc, sleep. Repeat.

#4 - Posted by: Jediboy127 (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 05:00

I agree. Real life is too boring. So I watch stuff blow up.:D I voted for the first one though. Sometimes I wish I lived in that universe far, far away. Then again, if you're reading this, you probably do too!;) Jediboy

#5 - Posted by: Chisslord (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 06:02

Ummm....you'd probably get the same "real life is boring" from those "people in a galaxy far away". The grass is always greener on the other side. BUT, if you really think life is boring, then it's *your* fault. C'mon, I mean. Get up, change your schedule. You like explosions? join the army. Or x-wings? How about NASA or the air force. Life out there isn't only "Get up, wash, eat, work, eat, sit at pc, eat, sit at pc, sleep." You want new worlds? Go to a different continent. Hey, why not go for the gold and try and invent lasers? And not just all this star wars stuff as well. There is so much to do, see, and love about our planet. Our world is amazing, you just need to take time to explore it.

#6 - Posted by: yukisuna (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 07:08

both real life and playing games are meaningless. but atleast you have a little fun playing battlefront, thats the difference.

#7 - Posted by: paulskywalker2000 (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 07:18

I agree with #4. Real life is boring and monotonous. It's fun to let your mind wander into a much more exciting place where the extraordinary IS the ordinary.:) That's the beauty of George Lucas's creation. It lets your imagination soar, come up with new things. Inspires it, I guess. And, unfortunatley, you can't really just go to a different continent, try to invent lasers, go to NASA, etc. Our lives are bombarded with expectations and requirements that are almost impossible to complete before you can enter certain fields, and then their is money to worry about, and trying to survive in the sometimes cruel world.:( I prefer not to think of these things. Beginning day-dreaming now...:D

#8 - Posted by: 41Tommo (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 08:51

i voted because X-wings go woosh cause this poll is pretty bad and i just want people to think we're mad for voting that :P

#9 - Posted by: delta47 (Staff) on 03-16-2009 at 09:07

I like watching stuff blow up. True. It gives me stuff to do when I'm bored.

#10 - Posted by: DogDelta (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 09:07

Indeed. Real life is boring.

#11 - Posted by: HyperShadowTheHedgehog (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 11:35

Explosions are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock::rock::rock:

#12 - I agree with #5 - Posted by: supreme_commander (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 12:19

You know some people already invented weak lasers so if u made a gun and make the lasers stronger then u could make the whole world change.:p:cool::cool:

#13 - Posted by: HyperShadowTheHedgehog (Member) on 03-16-2009 at 17:35

response to 12-cool. I want the first one when they come out. J.K. :p it's really hard to get a strong enough power source for a laser though

#14 - Posted by: supreme_commander (Member) on 03-17-2009 at 10:35

ya it is hard but if its posible............:cool:

#15 - HELLO?!?! - Posted by: A_L_I_E_N (Member) on 03-18-2009 at 07:12

It's STAR WARS-that should be enough as an explanation :lol:

#16 - Posted by: jomomadude35 (Member) on 03-19-2009 at 08:30

I like watching stuff blow up. :P

#17 - IT'S STARWARS - Posted by: Dean_Winchester (Member) on 03-19-2009 at 20:31

its just so awesome all you can explain it with is STARWARS

#18 - Posted by: 41Tommo (Member) on 03-20-2009 at 09:41

bah, i think all the options (although i did vote) r completely cra*. get a better poll for next week :p

#19 - Posted by: eaegftw (Member) on 03-21-2009 at 17:54

While all of them are legitimate reasons, sans the last one, I believe Real Life is perhaps the most boring RPG ever created.

#20 - Posted by: jedi_jesus (Member) on 03-22-2009 at 11:16

i dont know why i like it. I like it BCUZ It makes sence and stuff. (Don't try and evade the censors. -Staff)

#21 - Posted by: dillonsemrad (Member) on 03-22-2009 at 12:38

My answer wasn't up there so i am not voting, i like the story line personaly. This may be totally off topic, but has anyone read the Inheritance trilogy by christopher paolini, if you make a comparison with that to the star wars story line its offly similar, even some of the charaters are.