Weekly Poll Results - What do you think of the new Enterprise for Star Trek 11?

Published by mdcobbin 9 years ago , last updated 11 months ago

What do you think of the new Enterprise for Star Trek 11?

Love it!! 62.2% (346)
Hate It!! 37.7% (210)
Start: 11-12-2008 10:28
Last: 02-26-2009 21:30

#1 - Posted by: CanadianBorg (Member) on 11-12-2008 at 13:00

It looks like the Enterprise crashed into a f***ing jetliner! Who's the idiot responsible for that monstrosity? *Starts sharpening sword* -CanadianBorg P.S. Resistance is futile, eh?

#2 - Posted by: Saije (Member) on 11-13-2008 at 03:04

I'm an in between- scared, yet intrigued. Not loving it, but not hating it. I think it looks more like a Phase II refit possibility than a prequel to the series (if that is what it is supposed to be). The more unusual stuff that is coming out of this movie, the more I am really curious to see how it all works out.

#3 - Posted by: svinyl (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 05:31

where can i view it?

#4 - Posted by: Greenvalv (Staff) on 11-14-2008 at 07:57

View it here: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/star-trek-first.html

#5 - Posted by: Grebnedlog (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 10:43

I miss the 'classic' Enterprise deflector dish ... :'(

#6 - Posted by: Ghost81 (Member) on 11-14-2008 at 21:59

Well I say its cool But since its suppose to be TOS It disappoints me that they would change something so ICONIC you know what i mean?

#7 - Posted by: Just_the_guy (Member) on 11-15-2008 at 12:58

What the heck were they thinking? The whole idea for this movie is absurd anyway. The entire crew of the original cast just so happened to be assigned to the ship they'd eventually become the senior officers for? This defies all common sense.

#8 - Posted by: Greenvalv (Staff) on 11-16-2008 at 07:10

It's a reboot... trek canon has been thrown out the window...

#9 - Posted by: Stu_1701D (Member) on 11-18-2008 at 19:26

I like it, but I'd like it a lot more if the nacelle pylons weren't curved and so close together.

#10 - Posted by: IKS_Yo_Mama (Staff) on 11-20-2008 at 11:42

I like it, the designs have to move with the times so it can fit into the cinema expectations of today

#11 - Posted by: k_merse (Member) on 11-21-2008 at 12:28

This ship is equal with cropping potatoes on Gene Roddenberry's grave. They can't just change the timeline and the facts written by Gene! They have no right! The tragedy of Star Trek is that Roddenberry is (physically) dead and the new generation thinks they can do anything with Trek. Terrible! Shame! Treason!

#12 - Posted by: starfox1701 (Member) on 12-05-2008 at 11:59

It like this as a starship design its ok I have seen better. As the Enterprise it sucks. But thats because I'm an old fart and remeber when TOS was all there was in trek period.

#13 - Posted by: colespock (Member) on 12-22-2008 at 07:37

i HAT it and i'm not an old fat. if there were to be any changes at all to the TOS look it would be from first pilot that is the only canon choice you can have! J.J should be fired and ran out of town for this!!!!!! :furious:

#14 - Posted by: railgun7 (Member) on 01-14-2009 at 21:21

Well I wasn't alive during the original TOS so I can't say I hate or love it based on TOS experience or what not. I can give it some props I guess for: 1. it shows where the weapons are 2. the deflector dish looks nice... not TOS canon but nice still 3. the saucer looks well done Stuff I can't exactly give props for: 1. the secondary hull looks shorter than normal 2. the primary hull looks way too close to the nacelles 3. is it just me or is the neck recessed further than normal? Overall I guess it's great for the 21st century. But I kind of like the older TMP 20th century version better.

#15 - Posted by: adm_tyler (Member) on 01-21-2009 at 11:21

Maybe this ship is meant to be a previous design of the Enterprise that was scrapped in favour of the one we all know? @#2 - It is pre-TOS, It looks like Kirk isn't even in Starfleet at the start of the trailer.

#16 - Posted by: Vice_Admiral_Svar (Member) on 01-22-2009 at 16:01

Okay, what I have say, is if it is supposed to pre-date the model that I have grown up with and have come to admire....then why the hell does it have the Mk. II saucer and stylised engineering hull??? It's not right

#17 - @15/16 - Posted by: afcZman (Member) on 01-24-2009 at 13:36

Well, im gonna put it to you this way...what usually happens when a new(and a very hard to defeat) enemy is encountered? This movie could be compared to BoBW in that 49 fed ships(plus one klingon depending on your source) where utterly owned by 1 single ship in a matter of minutes and in this movie we appearently we'll see "47 klingon warbirds"(aswell as the Kelvin obviously and several other fed ships) become nothingness at the hands of Nero and the Narada(his very massive speciallized ship). So to defeat this new threat starfleet starts rolling the R&D into high gear and therefore tech and ships that would have seen the light of day decades down the road become reality sooner rather than later. Pike is still captain at the start but something happens(remember reading that a chunk of the E's saucer gets blow away before Kirk is in command) to Pike which makes way for a much sooner command of Kirk(atleast 5 years before so in normal timeline). Its basically been official for about a year that this isn't a normal timeline movie.

#18 - Posted by: FekleyrTarg (Member) on 01-25-2009 at 09:59

It's not that bad but the original one, the TMP one adn the one by Gabe Koener are far more better.

#19 - #17 - Posted by: Vice_Admiral_Svar (Member) on 01-25-2009 at 18:02

Though I do give you (and the creators) points for originality, that absolutely makes me madder than a wet cat. In the 'real' series, Kirk get the Big E because Pike goes insane on Talos IV (in the pilot that I bought on VHS years ago-it's in black and white too!). And if this is supposed to be technologically advanced (like that Sovereign, Defiant, Norway, Steamrunner, etc that was developed in response to Wolf 359), then why would the Majestic Big E look as awe-inspiring as she is in the series, be a step backward in technology

#20 - Thats because... - Posted by: afcZman (Member) on 01-26-2009 at 14:29

this IS the the original 1701 for this new universe. The original 1701 as we know it will never exist in this time. As I said above, things will happen differently now. The ships/tech of their "new" future will not be what we have seen. This could be a more peaceful trek or a more militaristic...we wont know till sometime down the road. And remember Pegg's contract says 3 movies as Scotty under JJ if this one does good enough.

#21 - Posted by: Vice_Admiral_Svar (Member) on 01-26-2009 at 15:38

Ohhh, I see. Still seems like 'blasphemy' of sorts. Not you, it's just those guys re-writing Star Trek form scratch.

#22 - HI, can anyone help me? - Posted by: PeterChekovsky (Member) on 01-30-2009 at 15:35

Hi, i have a problem, i post it here because here are more active peoples. i have downloaded the TNG MEga MOD, and have a Problem in it, if i do campaign many Planets aren´t existing at there Position. Can anyone help me or can anyone tell me if a better MOD with all Starfleet Ships exist?