Weekly Poll Results - What speed do you normally play at?

This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront

Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.

Published by Fallen_Warrior 15 years ago , last updated 4 years ago

What speed do you normally play at?

11 30.5% (47)

9 27.2% (42)

10 10.3% (16)

8 9% (14)

7 7.7% (12)

6 6.4% (10)

1 4.5% (7)

5 3.2% (5)

3 0.6% (1)

4 0,0% (0)

2 0,0% (0)

Start: 08-11-2007 06:44
Last: 08-18-2007 17:38

#1 - 11 - Posted by: W4rbird (Member) on 08-11-2007 at 08:29
LOL, who the hell plays at 1 :P I always play at 11 and sometimes at 10, but it's a rarity. Oh and sometimes (very rare) at 4 (for taking better screesnhots). I play at 11, because everything below that makes the game extremely slow (that's my feeling). Now I do know SFCs are the games about big massive starships (even frigates are big) and ships are supposed to move not fast, not like fighters at least, but still, I can't play at lower speeds. When I play at low speed I often lose :P When I play at fastest setting, I can beat one up class higher ship than mine, e.g. light cruiser vs heavy cruiser = 1:0 :D

#2 - I play at speed 1 - Posted by: Fallen_Warrior (Staff) on 08-11-2007 at 13:12
well once in a while for those hard to get screen shots and also testing new enhancements and such (helps to play it slow so you dont get shot at while trying to test things out) but on average i play play between 5-9 10 and 11 are just a tad to fast for my liking and you end up just circling the same spot till one of you explodes

#3 - Posted by: W4rbird (Member) on 08-11-2007 at 13:51
[quote](helps to play it slow so you dont get shot at while trying to test things out) [/quote] When I'm testing stuff, as an opponent I just select specially prepared ship without impulse engines :D Besides, I still think 11 ftw. Otherwise figthing equal class ship can even take more than 5 min fight! Too long :)

#4 - Posted by: W4rbird (Member) on 08-11-2007 at 13:52
I mean, I select ship without impulse for enemy's side.

#5 - Posted by: Suraci (Member) on 08-12-2007 at 00:59
Funny thing I just read on YouTube. The dude claims, that [i]everyone[/i] knows that on maximum game speed and maximum ship's speed you can' turn you ship lololololol Sad loser :P

#6 - @#5 - Posted by: Fallen_Warrior (Staff) on 08-12-2007 at 10:31
if you do have the game at top speed and your ship at full impulse then issue too many port or starboard commands, it kicks the bug into the game where your ship can indeed roll over.

#7 - Posted by: Suraci (Member) on 08-12-2007 at 11:51
Ship is rolled over, yes, but you still can turn it.