Weekly Poll Results - Which is your favorite race in the latest version of SFC3:

This article was written on an older version of FileFront / GameFront

Formatting may be lacking as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it so that we may fix it.

Published by mdcobbin 14 years ago , last updated 4 years ago

Which is your favorite race in the latest version of SFC3: Rebalance Expansion?

Federation 66% (152)

Borg 14.3% (33)

Romulan 10% (23)

Klingon 9.5% (22)

Start: 09-09-2007 09:55
Last: 10-01-2007 08:45

#1 - Posted by: yochenhsieh (Member) on 09-09-2007 at 17:19
Thanks for the staff to create this poll. :) I would like to know your reasons for why you like that race in the mod, so I can improve the others in the future. Thanks. You-Cheng Hsieh

#2 - Posted by: Minstrel_in_the_Gallery (Member) on 09-11-2007 at 14:23
Agh! I like them all! Hmm... I like the fact that you've included the Ambassador for the Federation, because the vessel, despite being older, still played a pivotal role in Federation exploration and I've recently taken an unexpected liking to the class... It grew on me, just like the Excelsior. I like the new Klingon destroyer. Lean, mean, and nasty. Same with the new cruisers, and the same goes for the Romulans. Personally, I would like to see more diversity in the Federation. They've still got a whole whack of older vessels zipping around in space like the Mirandas and Oberths, as well as some less-commonly seen, but newer starships such as the New Orleans, Cheyenne, etc. I'd also like to see the Melak-style warbirds for the Romulans. They're pretty classy warbirds, second only to the D'Deridex. The Klingons and Borg are fine, as you never really see many Klingon/Borg vessels, and the current fleets are excellent. Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the matter. Oh, one more thing. The planets are EXCELLENT!

#3 - Posted by: tigerus (Member) on 09-13-2007 at 19:38
I like them all:D! But the borg could uses more ships assimilated ships that is Fed,Rom,Klingon ships!

#4 - Posted by: yochenhsieh (Member) on 09-15-2007 at 05:36
I possibly won't add any assimilated or kitbashed ships. Personally I prefer original and creative designs. The time of SFC3 is set after the Voyager returns, and before Nemesis. By the time I presume the starfleet has retired most of the TMP/lost-era ships, only leave some as support vessels. Melak Class is a good idea, I might add it in the next update. I will also try to find some borg ships which fit into the style of Taldren and SFC3.

#5 - Posted by: W4rbird (Member) on 09-16-2007 at 07:42
Melak is indeed good ship :) but not a good idea :D since you said it yourself, that in your mod there are no TMP/lost-era ships and Melak is from that era.

#6 - Posted by: yochenhsieh (Member) on 09-16-2007 at 07:59
Really? You need to read my post more carefully. ;) [quote]By the time I presume the starfleet has retired most of the TMP/lost-era ships, only leave some as support vessels. [/quote] If many people do like and want the Melak, I will add it. I have my principles in making my own mod, but I also listen to opinions and suggestions.:)

#7 - Posted by: W4rbird (Member) on 09-16-2007 at 11:10
Ok, right. Romulans anyway :)

#8 - Posted by: Minstrel_in_the_Gallery (Member) on 09-18-2007 at 16:53
Weren't the three warbirds that engaged the Enterprise-C at Narendra III Melaks? That puts them in the TNG era, does it not, W4rbird? Or have I just gotten myself very confused?

#9 - Posted by: yochenhsieh (Member) on 09-18-2007 at 17:43
The Melak Warbird is a TMP ship, which only appeared once in the intro movie of ST: New Worlds game. There's no any evidence, whether direct or indirect, that the warbirds attacking Narendra III are the same type as the Melak.

#10 - Posted by: W4rbird (Member) on 09-19-2007 at 00:35
Indeed, there is no clear evidence. Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0yGAtk8Rew The stardate of this event in intro 8987.4, so it's clearly TMP. I think destruction of Ent-C I can still classify as late TMP (Fed unifroms for example). I wish there were more games set in TMP.

#11 - Posted by: Minstrel_in_the_Gallery (Member) on 09-19-2007 at 14:06
Point taken. Forgot the uniforms, too. And I definitely agree that we need more TMP games. :D ...But that doesn't mean I'm not happy with TNG.

#12 - Posted by: yochenhsieh (Member) on 09-29-2007 at 07:14
There is one player who reported many problems with the custom campaign which includes Pelican and el-karnak's missions. Has any one here also meet any issues with these missions?