CHANGES/ADDITIONS (over all versions of the mod)
1) All weapons are 50% more powerful, Borg weapons are only 40% more powerful, to make the game more balanced.
2) All Federation, Klingon and Romulan engines are 50% faster, Borg impulse engines are between 35% (types I through VII) and 50% faster (types VII through X).
3) Shields regenerate faster.
4) Ships and stations are easier to hit, especially the smaller ones (it should give large ships a better chance against "mosquito attacks" but really doesn't upset game balance too much).
5) Conquest mode now features a variety of new missions, some done by The Pelikan and El-Karnak, some made by myself, the casino mission has been removed from conquest mode.
6) The Dominion, Cardassians and Ferengi are added as non-playable races: you will encounter them during conquest mode on the new 7 races map and their ships are playable in skirmish mode (under the race slots of the Klingons and the Federation).
7) In conquest mode alliances will be fixed and set up as follows: relations between the stock races will remain the same as in the original game, the Cardassians are allied to the Romulans and Ferengi and hostile to everyone else. The Dominion are allied to the Ferengi and hostile to everyone else, the Ferengi are allied to everyone except the Borg, don't trust the Ferengi though: when they're in your fleet you'll never know which side they will choose in battles, unless you're fighting the Borg. All empires except the Ferengi and the Borg have access to one or two starship classes from allied medium or minor powers.
8) Pirates and Rakellians will now use Ferengi shuttles
9) Most of the planets have new textures.
10) Pulse phasers, photon, gravitmetric and quantum torpedoes have new textures and sounds, disruptors, cutting beams, tachyon pulses and tractor beams have new textures.
11) Shields are blue now, but will turn red when almost depleted.
12) Fleets in conquest mode can now hold up to three ships of any hull class, even battleships.
13) Assaulting bases and planets will now turn those sectors over to your side more quickly.
14) You will now start conquest mode in a ship with a full equipment loadout, of the same class as in the original game.
15) Sensor ranges of all bridge computer types have been increased.
16) Phasers and Romulan disruptors are thinner.
17) Almost all stock ships and stations have new textures and/or models.
18) Freighters now have better phasers and hull armor.
19) All battleships (BB) now come with a full equipment loadout and fully stocked with shuttles, mines and marines.
20) AI ships with full equipment loadouts will now cross your path from time to time in conquest mode.
21) I've added some more escort ships in the impossible (in the patched version of the game anyway) mission "Elusive Quarry" to make it beatable. This script does not require my mod, so anyone can use it.
22) Waiting time before conquest mode missions has been reduced.
23) Officers can now take more damage.
24) Borg armour has been reduced by 10%, to make the game more balanced.
25) The following ships will be added:
- Ju'day class corvette (FS), more widely known as the raider used by the Maquis, slightly weaker than the Saber class. It is only playable in skirmish mode, but you will encounter raiders crewed by pirates in conquest mode. - Runabout gun boat (PG), only playable in skirmish mode, slightly weaker than the Ju'day class - Nova class (FF), Olympic class (FF), same specs as the Saber class * - Miranda class (DD), same specs as the Norway class - Steamrunner class (CL) and Centaur class (CL), same specs as the original Intrepid class, the Intrepid class itself gets 100 more mass to spend on weapons, the Defiant class gets 250 more mass to spend on shields and the orientation of its primary hardpoints has been changed - Nyberrite Cruiser (CL), same specs as the Intrepid class - Ambassador class (BC), same specs as the Nebula class - Gorn Wyvern class (BC), slightly more powerful than the Nebula class - Heavy Sovereign class (BB), almost identical to the original Sovereign (which is still present), but slightly more powerful weapons and with better hardpoints - Prometheus class (BB), same specs as the Heavy Sovereign class
- Nausicaan Frigate (FF), same specs as the Bird of Prey - Heavy Negh'var class (BB), almost identical to the original Negh'var class (which is still present), but slightly more powerful weapons and with better hardpoints
Romulans: - Tzenkethi Raider (FF), same specs as the Talon class - Tholian Interceptor (DD), same specs as the Falcon class - Valdore class (CA), slightly more powerful than the Hawk class
Ferengi: - D'Koren class (FF and a DD version for the AI) , same model as the Marauder, slightly weaker than the Saber class - D'Kora class (identical CL and CA versions), slightly weaker than the Centaur and Steamrunner classes - D'Naren class (BC), an extra-large Ferengi warship, comparable to the Nebula class
Dominion: - Jem'Hadar Attackship (FF), weaker shields and armor but better weapons than the Saber class - Breen Patrol Ship (DD), same specs as the KVort class - JemHadar Cruiser (CL), same specs as the Intrepid class - Breen Warship (CA and a BC version for the AI), slightly more powerful than the Fek'lhr class - Jem'Hadar Warship (DN), same specs as the Sovereign class - Jem'Hadar Battleship (BB), slightly more powerful than a Heavy Sovereign
Pirates: - Pirate Raider (FF), identical to the Ju'day class - Ferengi Privateer (DD), identical to the original Marauder - Breen privateer (CL), identical to the Breen Patrol Ship - Pirate Heavy Cruiser (CA), same specs as the default Akira class
Cardassians: - Hideki class (FF), same specs as the Saber class - Son'a Destroyer (DD), same specs as the Norway class - Galor class (CL), same specs as the Centaur and Steamrunner classes - Keldon class (CA), same specs as Akira class - Veracidor class (BC), same specs as Nebula class - Son'a Dreadnaught (DN), same specs as the Galaxy class - Hutet class (BB), almost identical to the Heavy Sovereign class
Other: - The Doomsday Machine (BB), a slow moving but very powerful monster and the Crystalline entity, a weaker but more agile monster with 360 degree firing arcs. These monsters are only playable in skirmish mode but will make an appearance as a monster in conquest mode where they will replace the stock monster on a random basis.
-The Pyramid Prime has been replaced by the Probe (as seen on ST Voyager), but enough references to the Pyramid Prime have been left in the spec files to avoid problems with scripted missions.
- Species 8472 Scout (DD) and Species 8472 Bioship (BB) are playable in skirmish mode and can be encountered in conquest mode by Borg players.
NOTES: * By identical specs I mean the same hullspace for systems: hardpoints and their orientations may differ.
- In skirmish mode Breen and Nausicaan ships are availabe under the Klingon race slot, all Jem'Hadar, Cardassian, Gorn, Nyberrite, Pirate, Rakellian, Son'a and Ferengi ships are available under the Federation's race slot while Tholian and Tzenkethi ships are available under the Romulan race slot and the Crystalline Entity, Doomsday Machine and Species 8472 ships are available under the Borg slot.
- All races have the stations they need to make conquest mode run smoothly, the bases and defense platforms are all custom designs.
- Deep Space 9 is included in this mod but is only available through fleetpick.
26) Changed/new missions:
Surprised Reversed: same as the original, but Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi fleets can now be encountered.
Convoy Escort: protect a convoy from attackers, there doesn't have to be convoy in your hex on the map for this mission to show up
Distress Call/Emergency: a ship of your empire, less or equally powerful powerful as your own ship (but it also depends on the difficulty setting) is under attack by enemy ships who, together, are twice as powerful as the distressed ship, usually that means two ships of the same hullclass, but with pirates or Rakellians it could be more than two ships. The Dominion, Ferengi and Cardassians are all possible attackers.
Scan: same as before, but now all of your enemies can attack your ship, the strength of the attackers depends on your ship's hullclass and the difficulty setting, scan range is increased to 30.
Resistance: your territory is invaded by Species 8472 when playing as Borg, when playing as other races the Borg are the invaders.
Intruder Alert: there are now three variations of this mission. One is the original mission, the others ones features the Doomsday Machine or Crystalline Entity as monsters.
Convoy Assault: now also features Dominion, Ferengi and Cardassian convoy's.
Shipyard Assualt: now correctly features Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi shipyards and defenders.
Light Patrol: you will face ~3 enemy ships, enemy team strength is based on your ship's hullclass and the difficulty setting, you will also be assigned AI helper ships.
Heavy Patrol: same as counter punch patrol but now you face ~6 enemy ships.
Base Attack: same as before but with AI helper ships for the player, depending on the difficulty setting.
Planetary Assault: now also features AI helper ships.
Banzai: Several waves of JemHadar Attackships attack one of your outposts, stand your ground.
Seek & Destroy: you are taksed with destroying an enemy battleship rampaging through the region. The enemy battleship will be escorted by two frigates. You will be assigned AI helper ships, their numbers and hullclasses depend on your own hullclass and the difficulty setting. You will be severely outgunned unless you are flying a battleship of your own, but staying right on top of the battleship, in its "blind spot" gives you a fair chance of success. The Borg Cube cannot be encountered in this mission (it's too powerful and has too many wide firing arcs).
Additional missions (by El-Karnak and The Pelican) are: Scout, The Neutral Zone, Pirate Raid and Hostile Territory.
1) Reinstall the game unless it's the original version (no mods).
2) Install patch 534b, available here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/3853085/sfc3patch1.01beta2buildv534b.exe
3) Run the SFC3 Upgrade Mod 3.0 exe installer and choose the main directory of your Starfleet Command 3 installation.
4) Install fleetpick (you don't have to to make this mod work but it's a nice skirmish scenario editor).
NOTE: This mod will overwrite you customloadout file, be sure to back your custom ships up, write their configs down and you can add them after the mod is installed.
Conquest mode may crash when you've defeated the last base or planet of an enemy empire, when that happens reload the last autosave and you should be able to continue playing
Artifex.exe (map editor) only works under (virtual) Windows XP, watch tabs and spacing in loadout files!
El-Karnak and The Pelican for their mission scripts, Pelican also wrote the 9 races map tutorial. The assimilate, distress call/emergency, seek & destroy, scan/survey, counter punch patrol and fleet action scripts are my own creations, I sometimes named the files after those of other authors so saved games in earlier versions of the mod won't get corrupted. CaptainFiredrake: Blue shields. Brad Villa: Tutorial. Ghostrider: Weapon textures. Darkdrone: Ferengi shuttle, Ferengi base stations, Breen Patrol Ship, Breen Warship, Dominion base stations, Deep Space 9, Ferengi freighter, Son'a Destroyer, Son'a Dreadnaught, Centaur, Planets, Runabout, Galaxy, Warbird, Nebula, Federation Freighter, Shrike, Klingon Defense Platform, Borg Defense Platform, Species 8472 Scout, Species 8472 Bioship. Redragon: Breen Patrol Ship, Breen Warship, Nova, Sovereign, NeghVar, Cardassian Defense Platform. Kane: Dominion Freighter, Cardassian bases, Cardassian Defense Platform, Dominion Defense Platform. Nine of Nine: Jem'Hadar Attackship, Defiant. Zorg: Hideki, Galor, Keldon, Cardassian shuttle, Cardassian freighter, Veracidor, Hutet, Ju'day/raider. ThomasTheCat: Cardassian base stations, Intrepid. Pneumonic81: Ambassador, Miranda, Steamrunner, Akira, Norway, Bird of Prey, KVort. DarkMatrix: Borg Cube. Skinman: Tholian Interceptor. Interstellar Machine: Olympic. Dawn: Valdore. Queball: Nyberrite Cruiser. LC Amaral: Shrike. Chris Jones: Prometheus. Fallen_Warrior: Planets, Doomsday Machine, Crystal Entity, Klingon Defense Platform. Yochenhsieh: Fek'lhr. Cleeve: Vor'cha, Saber. Lord Vader: KTInga. Captain Korah: Nausicaan Frigate. Cordanilus: Crystal Entity. Smiley: JemHadar Cruiser, JemHadar Warship, JemHadar Battleship. MajorRacal: Romulan Defense Platform. WickedZombie: Ferengi/Pirate Defense Platform. Unknown: Gorn Wyvern, Talon, Tzenkethi Raider.
Taldren, Ritual Entertainment, Maddoc, Microprose and Activision.
The thousands of people who kept downloading previous versions of this old mod and gave me the motivation to come back to work on it after all those years.
This Mod and server contains BETA unreleased material which is protected by the initial install End User Licensed Agreement of Starfleet Command III. Licensed material included in this Mod is not authorized by Taldren or Activision to be stripped, reverse engineered and inserted into nonauthorized materials as such uses are considered to be illegal. This Mod is authorized by Taldren for use in Single Player, Multi Player and the Server in which it was developed to be used with. Material used outside the specifications listed or reverse engineering can result in penalties such as IP address banning from Dynaverse, Banning from Taldren Forums, Computer and Software Confiscation, (US) Federal Copywrite Infringement Lawsuit charges with punishment including a fine not to exceed $250,000. Please use this mod for only the purpose intended. This notification is defined as a Non Disclosure Agreement. Balancing issues, graphical issues such as UI placement or locations of where the weapons fire is considered to be public information and can be posted in public.. hard coded material such as map item interaction, etc, which are unchangable by the Server Admin is considered private information and can only be discussed via Email with any Taldren Beta Test member, Taldren Admin Staff, or the Server Administrator and is not to be posted in any forum that is accessable to the public, whether of not the forum is public or private. Game bugs found when using should be Emailed to the creator of the mod or posted on their forum only due to this being an Unreleased Test Build covered with this NDA. Since this is a Mod, Certain components are licensed material. Components that are not licensed IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION OR TALDREN. Please check with Server Admin about which components are Licensed and which are not.
YOU WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO SELL ANY PART OF THIS MOD. You have my (JanB) permission to use this mod for your own mods as you see fit, all I ask for is to be included in the credits, but other modders mentioned in the credits may want you to contact them before using their work.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!