Weekly Poll Results - Do you still play Morrowind?

Do you still play Morrowind?

No, Oblivion is better 39.3% (474)
Yes, Morrowind is great 35% (422)
Don't have it 25.6% (309)
Start: 10-21-2008 19:45
Last: 11-10-2008 08:13

#1 - Posted by: Dimanche (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 20:21

How could you not play Morrowind? It's a great game, although there are some things I don't like about it. Like never being able to hit people. I have it for my Xbox, so no mods for me. Technically though... I like both Morrowind and Oblivion, I personally think Oblivion is better.

#2 - Posted by: stinkyjimmy (Member) on 10-21-2008 at 22:24

morrowind, superior storyline, atmosphere. superior everything except for graphics and combat system.

#3 - Posted by: ETFEAR (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 04:56

Lost my CD.Maybe il get a new one...But for now i play Oblivion...

#4 - Posted by: Myran_Songbow (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 09:43

I think that morrowind, in terms of atmosphere, is a lot better, because (maybe its just because i was a kid when I first started playing it) the fights were actually kinda scary, like first time I raided a kwarma mine, I nearly pissed myself and ran. Instead; I died. While yes, Oblivion has better graphics and a better combat system, and a distant LOD, I still prefer Morrowind, because of it wide range of architectures, people, customs, and landscapes.

#5 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 10-22-2008 at 12:03

yeah morrowind has that own feel to it. A good game is a good game - it doesnt need fancy graphics to make it "better". (imho) morrowind is more fun to explore - more mines (etc) and the landscapes vary much more than in oblivion. One place is totally dead, nothing but dust - and in the other side is HUMONGOUS fungal growth and almost everything is organic. Just love it!

#6 - Posted by: Erenford (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 04:48

Ehhh i'll stick with Oblivion.... At least there are no Cliff Racers that always chases me when i go out adventuring...

#7 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 10-23-2008 at 07:43

Lol I love the cliff racers... jk

#8 - Should I bother with Morrowind? - Posted by: TheEvilKadowCrab (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 10:07

Yeah I have Oblivion and I like it a lot, but should I get Morrowind as well or is it a waste of money, I Don't no :confused:

#9 - Posted by: Jesse_Lee (Member) on 10-23-2008 at 12:06

Oblivion is a great game. Oblivion with mods is even better.

#10 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 10-24-2008 at 13:26

Morrowind is good, just dont expect too much of it. More likely - check everything that it has in it. i wouldn't buy it any case but..

#11 - Posted by: SweetPunishment (Member) on 10-26-2008 at 03:11

If they remade Morrowind with Oblivion graphics it would make a great game... But for now I think oblivion is best.

#12 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 10-26-2008 at 05:57

Morrowind is a timeless classic, if you can get past the annoying combat system its way better than Oblivion in my opinion. Personally I got alot more game hours out of Morrowind, and the main quest was so much better. I actually bought it for both xbox and PC because I loved it and wanted to mod it.

#13 - Posted by: Dimanche (Member) on 10-28-2008 at 19:59

I say the only reason people get more time with Morrowind is because there is no fast travel. Which I like. With Oblivion, you had the choice of not fast traveling, but Morrowind was such a large and diverse place, and everything you saw was different. It isn't like that with Oblivion. Quick question, but is Morrowind actually larger than the Oblivion area?

#14 - Oblivion is a awsome game! - Posted by: instlr2 (Member) on 10-28-2008 at 21:14

Oblivion has to be 1 of the best the only thing missing is more, more, MORE! Please we need some great adventures in our lives!

#15 - Posted by: tekeeus (Member) on 11-01-2008 at 09:10

Voted for no, I don't play Morrowind, at least for now. Oblivion has far more better gameplay than Morrowind, however Oblivion has also terrible lore ( the forest near Imperial City should be more tropical etc., also Argonian females having breasts [sic], wondering what will be next? Argonian with fur/hair on the head?), it looks like Bethesda has thrown all the lore out of a window.

#16 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 11-01-2008 at 09:20

actually they did in daggerfall too :S anyways I think Vvardenfell IS slightly larger than Cyrodiil, which is stupid because if you look at a map (in arena), Cyrodiil is like 10 times bigger! I think they jumped a little too much with Oblivion making it way awesome at first sight so people would buy it, but then making it bore quickly.