Weekly Poll Results - How often do you use Oblivion cheat codes?

How often do you use Oblivion cheat codes?

Never, cheats are for wimps 30% (219)
Only when in tight spots 19% (139)
All the time 17.3% (126)
Moderately 13.7% (100)
I can't (console vr) 8.3% (61)
Only for screenshots 6.4% (47)
I use cheat mods but not codes 4.9% (36)
Start: 08-16-2008 20:50
Last: 08-24-2008 10:25

#1 - Posted by: SweetPunishment (Member) on 08-17-2008 at 05:00

Just sometimes when I just can't get any furhter and get killed all the time THAT'S when I use a cheat.;)

#2 - Posted by: Darth_Awec (Member) on 08-17-2008 at 05:22

I used a cheat to get an awesome Katana >_> And another to give me decent clothes.

#3 - Posted by: 343guiltymc (Member) on 08-17-2008 at 06:07

I use for ROFLCOPTERs. Oh and I cheated to get the lost paladins of divines armor, the monsters guarding it were too hard.

#4 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 08-17-2008 at 10:23

Yeah I use cheats for rofls too, one time I used them to teleport the entire mages guild class and their benches into the air, then when the class was over they all stood up at the same time and fell to their deaths }> That was by far the funniest thing that ever happened in Oblivion....

#5 - Posted by: merk1b2 (Member) on 08-17-2008 at 19:58

I played the game with no cheats, Then With cheats. Now I use it for testing purposes and with new mods I install.

#6 - Posted by: BaconWarrior (Member) on 08-18-2008 at 09:37

Everyone who says they don't use cheats are lying everyone who places PC oblivion use cheats. Its official!

#7 - Posted by: Arron_Dominion (Member) on 08-18-2008 at 17:29

I only use if the mods I have installed conflict with some objective that I am trying to complete (or even start). tcl is the one I use for this, because either the NPC is locked behind a door or the ground goes up above the entrance (DLC KoT9 fort near city of Sunev)

#8 - Posted by: DrPhil (Member) on 08-18-2008 at 22:59

I use cheats on certain characters and not on others.

#9 - Cheater! - Posted by: The_Grim_Guy (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 05:40

I use cheats, but try not to. Only to give my character a cool look, or to prevent death when I haven't saved in a long time. But if I have saved recently (rencently being about up to 15 minutes) I just watch my char die.

#10 - Posted by: Eibbor (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 08:31

I use cheats when I can't be bothered to walk all the way up a mountain to fine the castle that my latest mad has added and I need to see if the interiors are all working properly. Also, as merk1b2 said, I use them for testing purposes.

#11 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 12:33

cheats ftl

#12 - Posted by: Madkilla_1201 (Member) on 08-19-2008 at 14:18

i use them all the time }> :rock: call me a n00b if you want i don't give damn.I'll cheat and cant stop meh :p

#13 - Posted by: Orchidea (Member) on 08-21-2008 at 08:23

ruins the idea of the game imho. getting levels to 100 without cheats is.. nice :)