Weekly Poll Results - What is the scariest kind of dungeon?

What is the scariest kind of dungeon?

Ayleid Ruin 22% (194)
All dungeons freak me out... 15.5% (137)
Oblivion Gate 15.4% (136)
Ancestral Tomb 9.3% (82)
Sixth House Base 8.5% (75)
Daedric Ruin 7.1% (63)
Fort Ruin 6.2% (55)
Other (specify) 3.5% (31)
Dwemer Ruin 3.4% (30)
Cave 3.4% (30)
Sewer 2.8% (25)
Telvanni Tower 1.3% (12)
Kwama Den 1.1% (10)
Start: 07-05-2008 19:39
Last: 07-12-2008 19:10

#1 - Posted by: The_Grim_Guy (Member) on 07-05-2008 at 21:49

Forts are kinda freaky, but Ayleid Ruin beats all. If there are zombies in the ruin, I just leave. I hate zombies. Sad there is no such thing as a shotgun in oblivion.

#2 - Posted by: ETFEAR (Member) on 07-05-2008 at 23:07

Would be forts.Those traps and all that.And of course monsters are creepy to.My 2nd would be caves,you know wampiers....

#3 - Posted by: RobDes (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 00:35

What are Telvanni Tower Sixth House Base Kwama Den Alyeid ruins are freaky but those dadric ruins plus some of my mods scare the crap out of me, one time almost literally

#4 - Sewers - Posted by: Javelin208 (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 01:13

@ 2: i like the booby traps! for me its the imperial city sewers. although the enemies in there arent scary, just the sewers itself

#5 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 07-06-2008 at 05:55

@3: Telvanni towers are from Morrowind, they are Dunmer wizard towers often with daedra in the basement. Sixth House Bases are also from Morrowind, and are bases filled with the minions of Dagoth Ur. Kwama Dens are ALSO from Morrowind (lol), and are hives of the kwama creature, filled with Kwama eggs. And the other two Morrowind dungeons are: Daedric Ruin, Ancestral Tomb, and Dwemer Ruin. Dwemer Ruins are pretty creepy, and I had a tough time deciding between Oblivion's Ayleid Ruins and Morrowind's Sixth House Bases / Ancestral Tombs... I chose Sixth House Base although I should have probably chosen Ancestral Tomb.

#6 - Posted by: DrPhil (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 08:42

I really don't like the Ayleid Ruins, but the caves is really scary too! :'(:'(:'(

#7 - Posted by: aslag (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 11:55

The Ayleid Ruins definitly, they just have a creepy and haunted feel.

#8 - Posted by: Commander_Nova (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 15:36

Other: None. Seriously, nothing in the Elder Scrolls games scare me. It's not like you're playing a horror game. Play Silent Hill 2 in the dark at night, by yourself, with surround sound. Then talk to me about scary lol.

#9 - Posted by: ThaHandyman (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 16:54

anything morrowind is scarier for me!so i chose 6th house base cuz it has that weird cult feel idlike

#10 - Posted by: RobDes (Member) on 07-06-2008 at 21:58

thank you super lama, i thought dadric ruins were dungeons with daidra, :eek:

#11 - Posted by: vipbanana (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 00:21

I've allways been terrified of Slaughterfish/water,Idk why I think it was cus a friend of mine told me about how he swam out really far and then he heard a swishy noise,Turned around and a black shape lashed out and kill him in one hit,We called em Sea Horseys.lol Back on Subject,I hate Sixth house bases,Because the first one you find has water in it (eek) and cus there are these zombie things which I hate.

#12 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 07-07-2008 at 08:18

That 'black whale eating you' theory is a common myth. I'm pretty sure it's not true, I've never found any meshes or forms to prove it :P And yes, Daedric Ruins were in Morrowind: Pink buildings and stuff. Google it, you'll probably find a wiki about them. It seems being afraid of water in video games is common, I have a friend who won't even set foot in the water in Arena even after I assure him that there are NO monsters in the water and he's safer there than anywhere else.... he doesn't want to explain to me why he hates water rofl

#13 - No way! Daedric Ruins/Sixth House Bases take the cake! - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 13:53

Sixth House Bases sometimes connected with Daedric Ruins ( i havent played Morrowind in years, but I think there was one to the south, just east of Vivec on the mainland). Whe I played Morrowind, I often had my music off. BIG mistake, since music serves as a warning that u are being pursued. I've been startled out of my pants, when I get attacked (and thus critical hit) from behind by a Gold-faced Dagoth, a claymore-wielding dremora lord, or clannfear (which always did crazy dmg in Morrowind). The atmosphere in Morrowind overall is darker (and therefore scarier) than anything Oblivion has to offer. Morrowind also had the scary 'voices of the dead' sound. You can hear it whenever u came up to crypts. But it made my skin scrawl. Oblivion doesn't have sounds that do that.

#14 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 07-07-2008 at 14:56

THOSE CRYPTS USED TO FREAK ME OUT Once, when I was a low level, (like level 2), I accidentally wandered into one... and I heard a ghost, and I paused the game in horror... then I turned around frantically and ran out the door XD But then, once you get to be a higher level, that's when the Bonelords come out... super-creepy monsters they be. Of course, once you're level 28 you're not afraid of much, because the hardest monster in MW is an Ascended Sleeper (which I killed 3 of btw) and they're level 25. I've killed every monster in vanilla MW except an Ogrim, but I've seen every monster. I have yet to see all the monsters in Bloodmoon and Tribunal. Haven't seen a werewolf yet :P

#15 - Posted by: popoe435 (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 16:11

i dont know why but hackdirt's underground freaks me out

#16 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 07-07-2008 at 18:25

Lol definitely... I completely forgot about Hackdirt

#17 - Man, those werewolves... - Posted by: MJAY (Member) on 07-07-2008 at 19:36

The werewolves will scare you bad when you face them... AND you're alone. yeah, its the Bloodmoon main quest. Those werewolves move so fast! And they land critical hits like no tommorrow. You really need to start Bloodmoon at least at lvl 25. I first did it at 22 i think, and Spriggans ripped me in half (my Unarmored skill was lvl 80). XD Lol Hackdirt was okay. It did put me 'on-edge' But it's too tough to beat the feeling of horror (and thus near-helplessness) you get with dark places in Morrowind. Guys that haven't gotten scared even ONCE with Morrowind, HAD to have cheated or something. lol Sit there and play a full game of Morrowind by the book, and watch how the gameplay experience takes you all over the emotional spectrum. Bored - excited. Relaxed - hysterical. I promise. lol

#18 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 07-08-2008 at 06:58

All this discussion of Morrowind makes me want to fire up my xbox again :P I've seen pretty much all that can be seen in vanilla morrowind. I journeyed through ghostgate, killed several Ascended Sleepers and no end of Ash Prophets, and actually TALKED TO Dagoth Ur before I got very far in the Main Quest. The Corprusarium in Morrowind was really freaky too, it really had the feel of diseased insanity... but I wandered through it on my own (before it came time to in the MQ) and found Yagrum Bagarn.... and SOUL TRAPPED HIM!!! I've soul trapped a Winged Twilight in a Grand Soul Gem, I've built my own house by grant of Hlaalu, seen all the major cities, tried to steal ingredients from Jobasha's rare plant, spoke with the talking mudcrab merchant, and fought every last monster in the game, and killed all but Ogrim. I actually made a Level 60-100 unlock spell (in the mages guild, and it cost like 12k lol) and cast it repeatedly on the door to Vivec's palace until it finally unlocked. I went in there and he said "it's not the time for this yet" or something like that, so I punched him (stupid me) and he cast a single fireball at me that drained ALL MY STATS... and poof, all my work was for nothing... then I loaded the saved game before I punched him :P rofl Whenever I fire up Morrowind, the wave of Nostalgia and Fun always takes my breath away. I bought the PC version, extracted the music, and now I listen to the Morrowind music while I'm falling asleep... Oh btw, I bought a slave too... lol then set him free because I'm an Argonian :D Morrowind was scary, fun, happy, sad, nerve-racking, calming, the only best word I can think of to describe it is... AWESOME. It's a timeless classic that not even Oblivion can surpass.

#19 - lol? - Posted by: mark008 (Member) on 07-08-2008 at 13:09

ohh guys... dont know why, but none of those "caves" scare me... i feel in Oblivion kinda... like playing kid game... dont know about you, i just feel so.... scary game for me, its Dead Island, and (maybe) alone in the dark 5, didnt try them yet though.

#20 - Posted by: Keland (Member) on 07-08-2008 at 20:36

Kinda funny, people are saying, pased on the poll so far, that the Oblivion Realm is scary, but for me, probly Alyeid Ruins and Ancestral Tombs I guess.

#21 - Posted by: wacys (Member) on 07-09-2008 at 22:48

Alyeid Ruins with all those secret pasages and traps.they ofter are filled with lichs that i hate most

#22 - Posted by: Super_Llama (Staff) on 07-11-2008 at 13:56

I'm surprised at the number of people who voted "All dungeons freak me out..." It's the second most popular! It's strange how many easily-frightened people play Oblivon...

#23 - Posted by: Valonqar (Member) on 07-12-2008 at 06:44

They should make a remake of morrowind with oblivion graphics...