This file is currently missing from GameFront!
Do you have this file? We encourage you to re-upload this file for the benefit of the community.
Do you need this file? Please submit a support ticket so that we can prioritize restoring this file for you.
The rkbackstabbersweapons1_0a.zip file you have requested: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion / Weapon and Armor / Backstabber's Weapons - 4KB is not available. Perhaps try browsing all files for the game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and upload any files you want to share or are missing.
We are calling on our community to help submit files that were previously hosted on GameFront / FileFront but are now missing.
If you have this file, please upload it using the form below (please ensure the filename and filesize match) and we shall do the rest.
This mod for The Elder Scrolls 4 - Oblivion adds 2 weapons with special enchantments, the Backstabber's Knife and the Backstabber's Bow. When the game is first loaded with the mod, both weapons are added automatically to the player's inventory. The knife has the model of the Iron Dagger, the bow that of the Iron Bow.
To avoid completely unbalancing the game, instant kills or high-damage are bought with higher cost to the player, i.e. with loss of magicka and fatigue, so that the weapons must be used in stealth and/or from safe positions.
Both weapons have the same scripted enchantment:
- if the player's magicka is equal to or higher than 100, the enemy will be hit by Damage Health (magnitude 40, duration 5) in addition to standard weapon damage. At the same time, the player will be hit by Damage Fatigue (magnitude 50, duration 5) and Damage Magicka (magnitude 40, duration 5).
- if the player's magicka is equal to or higher than 60, the enemy will be hit by Damage Health (magnitude 15, duration 5) in addition to standard weapon damage. At the same time, the player will be hit by Damage Fatigue (magnitude 40, duration 5) and Damage Magicka (magnitude 30, duration 5).
- a message will report if high, low or no backstab damage was done.
- if the player's magicka is lower than 60, no additional effects happen, just standard damage.
- weapon damage is that of equivalent Silver weapons.
- sneaking does not improve the magical damage, just the standard weapon damage.
- the weapons have charge, but do not use it up when attacking.
*** INSTALL / DEINSTALL *** Copy the RkBackstabber.esp to your Program Files\Oblivion\Data directory. In the Oblivion start dialogue choose Data Files and check the RkBackstabber.esp. To deinstall just uncheck the .esp file and delete it. ____________________________________________________________ *** LICENSE *** This mod may be redistributed on CD, DVD etc, resold, modified or "plugged" into other mods without notifying me. I would appreciate hearing any opinions of course. No fitness for any purpose is claimed for this mod. If you use it, you agree that I will not be held responsible for any damages caused by the mod. ____________________________________________________________ *** BUGS TO FIX *** - annoying message after the spell effect is removed from the player. - killing someone on a Thieves Guild mission with the weapons will not trigger the "Blood Price" message. - (not sure if this is a bug) the value of the weapons is zero, which means that repairing them with a smith/merchant is far too cheap. I could not set the value higher for some reason. ____________________________________________________________ *** COMPATIBILITY *** The mod does not use any resources except the standard Oblivion base files. I use a lot of mods myself (Oscuro's Overhaul, Kobu's character advancement system, Natural Environments 2.0 etc.) and am not aware of any clashes with this mod. Please email me if you find anything. ____________________________________________________________ *** TO DO *** - a quest to do get the weapons? - different models for the weapons. - adjust and balance the damage values, possibly add more or change the current ones. - a temporary decrease of player's health for x seconds to discourage running in with guns blazing? - adjust charge amount and cost. - change one/both weapons to do backstab damage only when sneaking/undetected by target.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!