This mod for The Elder Scrolls 4 - Oblivion adds 2 weapons with special enchantments, the Backstabber's Knife and the Backstabber's Bow. When the game is first loaded with the mod, both weapons are added automatically to the player's inventory. The knife has the model of the Iron Dagger, the bow that of the Iron Bow.
I wanted more effective (and more fun & "satisfying") weapons for stealth characters, similar to the instant-kill bow and dagger used in the Thief "first-person sneaker" series.
To avoid completely unbalancing the game, instant kills or high-damage are bought with higher cost to the player, i.e. with loss of magicka and fatigue, so that the weapons must be used in stealth and/or from safe positions.
*** EFFECT ***
Both weapons have the same scripted enchantment:
- if the player's magicka is equal to or higher than 100, the enemy will be hit by Damage Health (magnitude 40, duration 5) in addition to standard weapon damage. At the same time, the player will be hit by Damage Fatigue (magnitude 50, duration 5) and Damage Magicka (magnitude 40, duration 5).
- if the player's magicka is equal to or higher than 60, the enemy will be hit by Damage Health (magnitude 15, duration 5) in addition to standard weapon damage. At the same time, the player will be hit by Damage Fatigue (magnitude 40, duration 5) and Damage Magicka (magnitude 30, duration 5).
- a message will report if high, low or no backstab damage was done.
- if the player's magicka is lower than 60, no additional effects happen, just standard damage.
- weapon damage is that of equivalent Silver weapons.
- sneaking does not improve the magical damage, just the standard weapon damage.
- the weapons have charge, but do not use it up when attacking.
- only one enemy can be affected by the backstab damage simultaneously.
*** HISTORY ***
- June 22, 2006: 1.1 alpha + changed gold value of weapons to that of equivalent daedric weapons + fixed bug: only one enemy can be affected by backstab now
There are no comments yet. Be the first!