The Total War development team have announced yet another DLC titled "The Prophet & The Warlock." It is currently up for pre-order on Steam with a 10% discount and is due for release on Wednesday the 17th April 2019.
The DLC brings about a lot of new content from new legendary lords (and new lord types), new factions, quests and skill trees too. Here is a full breakdown of what the DLC offers:
- Two powerful new Legendary Lords with new quest chains, legendary items, and skill trees
- Play as Clan Skryre (Skaven) or the Cult of Sotek (Lizardmen) with unique new campaign mechanics
- Two new additional Lord types
- Nine new battlefield units and variants including the bullet-spewing Ratling Gun Weapons Teams and the fearsome Ripperdactyls
- Unleash ultimate devastation with the Clan Skryre Doomrocket or summon an aspect of the very Serpent-God himself into battle with the Great Invocation of Sotek!
- New Regiments of Renown to unlock, recruit, and field
You may be thinking that's fantastic, but there's more! There's also free content updates alongside the DLC, which includes a new free Legendary Lord and the Doomsayers Update for everyone and that consists of a refresh of both the Skaven and Lizardmen factions, it also includes an overhaul of Bretonnia for the Mortal Empires Campaign as well.
Bretonnia are getting a vow system which will be available to all Bretonnian heroes, they will need to pledge themselves to a Vow of some sort and undertake a quest to test their devotion to that vow. It could be anything to defeating a number of enemies in battle or creating buildings, once completed you can then move onto the next vow and the next, you'll be granted buffs for each vow completed and the development team so may even gain immortality. Bretonnia are getting more updates than just the vow system, here is what the Total War team stated in their blog post:
- New Technologies
- A new Trident of Manann weapon for Alberic
- A new confederation dilemma
- All Bretonnian Lords start the game mounted in campaign by default
- Free Peasant Mob upkeep when not exceeding the Peasant Economy cap
- General Bretonnian garrison improvements
- Increased turn duration for the Green Knight
- Unlimited Green Knight uses when reaching level 5 of the Chivalry bar
There has also been a new feature called the Skaven Under-Empire announced and it will come to all Skaven Legendary Lords on the day of the new DLC release. It follows on from the pirate coves in the Curse of the Vampire Coast update and it essentially allows all Skaven factions to build a secret base of operations deep beneath any settlement through conquest or via use of an agent. They can be taken down by the faction settlement owner building particular building chains or deploying those all important heroes to counter the vermin infestation that rots their city from the ground up, even building too much could disturb the upper world too so be careful.
The Lizardmen are getting an update too with a new quest chain added for their Legendary Heroes entitled seek out "Lord Kroak." He is technically dead but you can summon his spirit and join the faction as an immortal hero, he has own unique skill tree and super campaign abilities to devastating impact.
You can check out the FAQ blog post here and The Prohpet & The Warlock DLC trailer below: