This patch was the first official patch for Unreal 2: The Awakening. It adds a wide variety of changes to both the game and editor.
Crash Fixes for v1403
- Updated DefOpenAL32.dll which should fix EAX-related PlaySound crashes. - Fixed VerifyImport crash (occurred when level changed after game settings modified). - Fix for IKey assertion (crash) due to "special" keys on some keyboards (e.g. internet enabled keyboards). - Fixed crash if some items used after they've been destroyed (fixes crash in MM_Marsh if player destroys force field as squad leader tries to disable it for example). - Additional fix for decolayer density change for Sulferon Assault (and other maps with corrupt terrain info's). - Possible fix for DirectMusic-related "GetEventTool" crashes. - Fixed bug report system sometimes crashing or silently failing due to long URLs. - Fixed GetOggDuration crash if â€“nosound used. - Fix for sound-related crash when exiting some levels with DirectX 9.
Performance for v1403
- 10% improvement in golem mesh rendering performance. - Fixed unnecessary particle lighting overhead problem. - For performance reasons, most carcasses are cleaned up more quickly now. - For performance reasons (mainly in marsh) dropped energy rifles are cleaned up after 10 seconds. - M08B: improved performance by making sure generator rotating movers only rotate when they are visible. - MM_Marsh: added field generator and turret to PreCacheList to avoid hitches when these appear. - M12: fixed particle overhead. - Added new code/changes to limit overhead due to ragdoll deaths (see "Advanced Tips for Improving Performance" in the readme for details).
Fixes for v1403
- Sound fixes. Should reduce occurrences of sound "stuttering" that some people have had due to sound overload / thrashing. - Fixed player dodge speed and height. Can be modified via user.ini settings (see DodgeXYVelocityScale and DodgeJumpZScale in the [U2Pawn] section). - M03A1: gave ammo to merc with grenade launcher. - M08B: lowered carcasses, blood to floor. - M09E: fix for 2 fems staying "inert" if the fem with the RL is killed before being triggered. - Fixed damage warnings (accessed nones) along with fix for damage effects (blood) being spawned so far inside character's mesh that it doesn't show up (currently only affects mukhoggs). - Sunlight fix (flickering in waterfront and potentially other places). - MM_Waterfront: fall out of world fix. - M12: fixed sun disappearing in opening cutscene with ParticleDensity=0. Also CS_Outro, PA_Acheron, PD_Acheron. - Display gamma/brightness/contrast values when changed via F10/F11/F12 keys. - Fix for inert skaarj lying prone on bank in M08B (skaarj will now react to hearing the player even if player bypasses trigger). - Fix for "Joe's" script breaking in M10_Avalon in some cases. - Fixed changing actor detail level in-game could result in invisible NPCs (in TutA). - Made key bindings delete button more obvious (click on this to delete key bindings). - Fix from Jason Yu for bots sometimes not respawning after being killed in botmatches. - Added files needed to fix umod support. The umod registry settings will also need to be modified for Unreal II umods to work. We're working on making a separate downloadable installer for this but in the meantime, people who installed the game in the default folder can click on the .reg file in Unreal2Help. - Increased crawling spider damage by 3x. - Fixed rammers not attacking properly. - Fix for Golem references being lost resulting in â€œinvisibleâ€ NPCs if game saved/loaded prior to spawning in NPCs which use a mesh which is no longer in the level. - Fixed music not playing issue with some levels.
Changes for v1403
- Added carcass cleanup particle effect. - Added support for modifying player movement speed via Unreal2.ini setting (for the duration of the game). For example, to increase the player's movement speed by 50% set PlayerSpeedRatio=1.5 in the [U2GameInfo] section. - M08B: fixed trigger that player could avoid. - Added 70 and 72 Hz to refresh rates options. - Support for scaling the hud / ui to better support multiple monitor setups. This can now be controlled via the ScaleX, ScaleY, OffsetX, - OffsetY properties in the [UI.UIConsole] section in Unreal2.ini. For example, use ScaleX=0.333 and OffsetX=0.333 for three screen support. - Added "mouse over" context information for the EAX check box. Warns against enabling EAX on non-Audigy / Audigy 2 cards and warns about possible performance issues.
AI for v1403
- Mod authors can once again enable script warnings / errors by setting bDisableErrorMessages=false (by default all script warnings / errors are silent). These were completely disabled for RC7 with the intent of re-enabling these for the patch. Note that you have to enable the Component=Console.MessageArea line in UIScriptsUI.ui (remove the ";") to see debug messages in-game.
Editor for v1403
- Fix for not being able to paint on terrain in editor. - Fix for terrain build crash if no terrain map in level. - Fixed editor "first run" (UnrealEd.ini added to system folder). - Fixed WBrowserStaticMesh::UpdateMenu crash. - Fixed crash if you clicked on delete in the decolayer terrain tool, without a decolayer actually being selected.
Testing / Stats for v1403
- Improved in-game profiling support / logging. - Improved in-game stats. Added "stat lock".
Other for v1403
- Added Mike Lambert to in-game credits.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!