To play this:
* Extract the file contents to: System.zip -> ..\UT2004\System\ Musics.zip -> ..\UT2004\Music\ Textures.zip -> ..\UT2004\Textures\ Maps.zip -> ..\UT2004\Maps\ Sounds.zip -> ..\UT2004\Sounds\
* Launch UT2004.exe
* Go to your key configures menu (usually in Settings -> Input -> Configure keys). In there under "Game" group, set keys for "Activate Inventory Item", "Next Inventory Item" and "Prev Inventory Item" to use inventory in game.
* Go to Instant Action
* Select under Custom games list "Unreal 1 game".
* Configure it to a good skill for you, mainly the skill settings: Game Difficulty level - Easier skill means more health, lesser and weaker monsters. Higher skill level means lesser health, more and harder monsters. Tourist mode - If enabled, translators will show hint messages. Use old songs - If enabled, use classic Unreal 1 musics (otherwise part of the musics are remixes). Auto save game - If enabled, the game will auto-save on start of each map (so you can load next time you want to play it from "Load Game").
* Rather deselect ALL mutators.
* Start game.
To use Translator: Make sure you have show base path keys (by default M and N keys), otherwise set them in settings.
To QuickSave/Load: Press tab and write in command "QuickSave" or "QuickLoad". You can aswell bind them to a key using "Set" command, example: "Set Input F6 QuickSave".
Locked maps: At start you only should see 1 map available from instant action menu, start from that. As you beat maps you unlock them into the maplist and make them playable.
Coop play: You can normally host game from Host Game (this has full coop support). Some coop play settings to notice: - Servers list - Under which games list server should appear in (by default on coop games list). - Required kill % - How many percent of monsters needs to be killed on the map before map can be ended (to prevent players from rushing through maps). - No movers blocking - Disallows players/monsters from blocking doors/elevators. - Show ends - Shows ending icons (in case if some players dont know where the ending area is). - Monster Spree - Show killing spree messages for monsters. - Player Spree - Show killing spree messages for players. - Monster players - Allow players take control of monsters (useage: press Tab and write "PawnList", then select a pawn with command "SetPawn"). - Finish game on last map - In case if some map is unable to load, end the game (and start mapvoting or w/e). - Force U1 Weapons - Replace any UT2004 weapons/ammos on maps with unreal 1 weapons/ammos. - Spawn location type - Custom player spawn area. - Broadcast Prelogins - Show a message whenever someone is about to connect to the server (still needs download files etc.). - Show monster deaths - Show death messages for monsters. - Auto adjust skills - Auto-adjust monster skills based on amount of players. - Weapon respawn time - How many seconds does it take for weapons to respawn (0 - No respawn). - Item respawn time - How many seconds does it take for items to respawn (0 - No respawn). - Allow startup weps - Allow players join with current available map weapons.
And the at last but not least: You are allowed to use any parts of these maps/mods for your own maps/mods!
There are no comments yet. Be the first!