Cinematic Map Contest!
18 years ago, last updated 6 years ago
This article is really old. Formatting may be broken as a result. If this article is un-readable please report it.
Blizzard is starting up a new Cinematic Map Contest for those who wish to enter!
If you place you could win any of the following three prizes!
# Map authors will be published on the Battle.net Mod Support website.
# First place will receive a Razer Diamondback plus a Razer eXactmat Bundle Pak.
# Second place will receive a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.
Following are quoted details and information from Blizzard.com, but I want to make sure that every map maker in this community gives their best shot at the win!
Battle.net Cinematic Map Contest: Revenge!
Blizzard is pleased to announce the first mapping contest: the Battle.net Cinematic Map Contest! This contest will test your storytelling ability, cinematography, originality, and more.
Oct 17 - Nov 18
1. Map must be entirely comprised of a cinematic movie.
2. Map can be any size. All tilesets are permitted.
3. Map should not exceed five minutes in length, nor be larger than seven megabytes (7MB).
4. The cinematic must contain at least one (1) fight scene and a cohesive story.
5. Map must be created by you. Updated Blizzard or 3rd party maps will not be accepted. Any map found to be an update will be disqualified.
6. Only one submission per person. If you submit more than one map, or submit a map that breaks any qualification rules, all your submissions will be eliminated from contention.
7. Map must be newly created for this contest. Any map found previously published will be disqualified.
8. Please don't use customized tileset, terrain, model, or doodad elements.*
9. Blizzard reserves the right to make minor modifications to final map selections.
10. All entries must be received by November 18 to be considered.
* Fight Scene & Storytelling
o How interesting was the fight scene?
o Was the story compelling?
o Were the special effects impressive?
o How clean was the cinematic?
o Was there any graphical clipping?
o Were the transitions smooth?
o Was there enough time to read the subtitles?
o How strong was the camera work?
o Was the scenery immersive?
o Were doodads used well?
o Were the music selections queued at appropriate times?
o How original was the story?
o Were there any problems loading the map with stock Warcraft 3: TFT?
1. Map authors will be published on the Battle.net Mod Support website.
2. First place will receive a Razer Diamondback plus a Razer eXactmat Bundle Pak.
3. Second place will receive a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.
*Custom models, textures, and sounds are OK to use as long as they are not copyrighted materials. Any use of copyrighted materials will reult in a disqualification.
Submission information will be posted soon. Read the [url="http://www.battle.net/mod/contest_revenge_rules.shtml"]Cinematic Contest Full Rules.[/url]