WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY - PATCH 1.14b
- Fixed an issue with recalling control groups and quickly pressing 'TAB' to change your selected subgroup.
- PATCH 1.14
- Fixed an issue with custom save games from version 1.12 (including those from Orc Act I) so Hero Agility is recognized properly. Attack speeds will now be correct when loading from a previous save game. - Fixed an issue that caused Scroll of Town Portal to always place your units to the lower right side of your town hall instead of the location you clicked. - Fixed an issue with the Skeletal Mage upgrade that prevented the Raise Dead skill from working on the corpses inside Meat Wagons. - Fixed an issue that caused a unit to permanently lose 75% of its attack speed if it was Polymorphed or Hexed while under the effects of Unholy Frenzy. - Fixed an issue with Spirit Link in which, if one of the linked units was a Troll Berserker with the Berserk ability active, all units linked with that Troll would take the increased damage penalty associated with the Berserk ability. - Fixed an issue in which, if a unit casting a channeling spell died from Mana Flare, the channeled spell would linger in the area permanently. - Fixed an issue that caused the Call to Arms command not to work if you clicked the button an EVEN number of times. - Fixed an issue with Hero and unit ability orders in which, under certain conditions, ability orders would not be dispatched properly, causing "lag" or unresponsiveness. - Fixed an issue that caused Glaive Throwers to lose damage when the Vorpal Blades upgrade was researched.
Undead - Anti-magic Shell cost reduced to 100 from 150, and hit points absorbed reduced to 300 from 350.
Night Elf - Mana Flare area-of-effect damage radius reduced to 200 from 250.
Neutral Units and Heroes - Nerubian Webspinners now cost 200/35/3, up from 175/25/2. - Stampede damage reduced from 80 per beast to 60 per beast. - The Beastmaster bear's Bash ability now stuns Heroes for 1 second instead of 2 seconds. - Summoned Treants no longer give large gold bounties.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.13 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.14 version of Warcraft III). - PATCH 1.13b
- Fixed an issue related to copy protection.
We are aware of some new issues that came up with the release of the 1.13 patch. We will be releasing a 1.14 patch in the near future that addresses some of these issues, including:
- Custom save games from version 1.12 (including those from Orc Act I) incorrectly recognize Hero Agility, causing slow attack speeds after the 1.13 patch is applied. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. - Town Portal always places your units to the lower right side of your town hall instead of the location you clicked, as it previously did. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. - If you research the Skeletal Mage upgrade, then you will no longer be able to use the Raise Dead skill on the corpses inside a Meat Wagon. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. - When a unit with Unholy Frenzy is Polymorphed or Hexed, the unit permanently loses 75% of its attack speed. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. - If an Orc player uses the spell Spirit Link, and one of the linked units is a Troll Berserker with the Berserk ability active, then all units linked with that Troll will take the increased damage penalty associated with the Berserk ability. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. - If a unit casting a channeling spell dies from Mana Flare, the channeled spell lingers in the area permanently. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. - The Call to Arms command does not work if you click the button an EVEN number of times. This will be fixed in the 1.14 patch. * Any other confirmed issues that we can fix in time for the release of the 1.14 patch.
Regarding balance, we are currently assessing the state of balance of 1.13 based on user feedback, online testing, and the review of replays. Although we will make some number of balance changes in 1.14, these have yet to be determined.
We appreciate the community's patience and support in our endeavor to further tune the play balance, enhance the feature set, and increase the stability of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Blizzard Entertainment
- PATCH 1.13
- Acts II & III, the conclusion acts to the bonus Orc campaign contained in The Frozen Throne, are included in this patch. To play these levels, you can simply click the "Chapter Two - Old Hatreds" link from the Bonus Campaign screen. If you have completed Act I, your Heroes will carry over to Act II. Otherwise, your Heroes will be default-level Heroes with basic starting items. - Warcraft III now supports binding an email address to your Battle.net account, so that you can recover your password at a later stage, similar to the functionality that was added to D2. - Race selection on the scheduled game dialog (tournament finals) is now saved for future scheduled games. MAPS
Expansion - Frozen Throne - (2)Tirisfal Glades - Red creep camp a bit easier; lowered the level of item drop from 7 to 5. - (2)Glacial Thaw - Switched the start locations to face the center of the map. Lowered the level of a few creep camps; lowered the level of a few item drops. - (4)Paradise Island - Creeps are less likely to aggro passing units. - (4)Twisted Meadows - Added ground-based anti-air creep to the island. Added some trees behind the 3 o'clock start location to prevent building NE town hall behind the gold mine. Changed a level-4 drop from charged item to permanent item. - (4)Bridge Too Near - Switched start locs with the expansion gold mines. - (4)Devil's Cauldron - Lowered the total level of 4 creep camps. - (4)Turtle Rock - The two large turtles that are placed between player bases each drop a better item. Removed Rune of Lesser Healing from the expansion creep. - (4)Floodplains 1v1 - Removed the easy creep camp outside of player's base and moved it to the other easy creep camps further from the player's base. - (4)Lost Temple - Adjusted creep camps and item drops. - (4)Avalanche - Weakened the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock expansion creeps. Added a green-sized camp in place of the orange camp. - (6)Bloodstone Mesa - Moved expansion creep back. Removed Marketplace and added Tavern. - (6)Rice Fields - Changed all the randomly generated creep camps; they are a bit easier for the user now. - (6)Wellspring - Added more trees to the starting location and moved the lumber a bit closer to the town hall. Removed the east and west gate from the center and created a bit more room around the Taverns. - (6)Stranglethorn Vale - Expansion creeps are a bit easier now. - (6)Timbermaw Hold - Moved the bottom Dragon Roost creep closer together to eliminate two creep icons. Moved bottom middle start location deeper into forest to prevent the easy (green) creep camp from being nuked from start location placement. Same change to the bottom left position. Added a tree to the hole in the forest at the top left position to prevent units from getting stuck when portaling home. - (8)Friends - Changed drop item classification from 'any' level-6 items to 'charged' level-6 items. - (8)Feralas - Removed some creep camps to help the flow of the game. - (8)Rock Quarry - Added some trees to several start locs that needed more lumber. Added ground-based anti-air to the center of the map. - (8)Mur'gul Oasis - Added another 1500 gold to the starting locations. - (8)Deathknell - Removed the center creep camp and neutral building. - (8)Plains of Snow - Moved Teal's easy creep camp farther away to prevent them from being nuked at the start of the game. - (8)Garden of War - Moved Yellow's easy creep camp to prevent them from being nuked at the start of the game. - (8)Battleground - Moved 12 o'clock easy creep camp further away from start location to prevent them from being nuked at the start of the game.
Classic - Reign of Chaos - (2)Plunder Isle - Added some ground-based anti-air units to the Dragon camps; also added some trees to the top start location. - (4)Lost Temple - Adjusted item drop in center area. Expansion gold mines should be a bit tougher. Each player's expansion gold mine now has one melee creep. The Goblin Merchant camp is now tougher and has anti-air.
Human - Storm Bolt stun is now 5 seconds vs. units and 3 seconds vs. Heroes at all levels. Previously, it had this level of stun at level 1, but went up 2 seconds vs. units and one second vs. Heroes each level. Additionally, level-2 and level-3 damage are now 225 and 350, respectively. - Militia can now only be created from a player's starting Town Hall, but they can still be created from any of the player's Keeps or Castles. - Blizzard is now damage capped. This damage cap is invoked when Blizzard hits more than 5 targets per wave. - Scout Tower hp reduced to 300 from 500, and armor reduced to 0 from 5. - Human towers now gain 2 armor per masonry upgrade, up from 1. - Banish has been reworked. Previously durations were 12(5) / 24(7) / 36(9) by level, and mana costs were 75/50/25 by level. Instead, its mana cost is now constant at 75 mana; its cooldown decreases with level (5 / 3 / 1); and its durations only slightly improve with level (12(4) / 15(5) / 18(6)). - Siphon Mana maximum range reduced to 800 from 850. - Flying Machine hit points increased to 200 from 175. - Holy Light mana cost reduced to 65 from 75.
Undead - Web upgrade cost increased to 150/150 from 75/75. - Spirit Touch now restores 3 mana per casting, down from 4. - Possession has been reworked. It is now a channelled spell with a 4 1/2 second casting duration. During this time, the target is disabled and frozen into place, but is also invulnerable; and the Banshee takes triple damage from all attacks. Stunning or killing the Banshee that is casting Possession will cause the spell to abort. Additionally, the range of Possession has been increased to 350 from 200. - Anti-magic Shell has been redesigned. The spell now absorbs the first 350 points of spell or magic damage dealt to the target, but does not grant magic immunity. Note that spells absorbed by AMS can still deal secondary effects, such as stun, paralysis, or mana drain. Also the mana cost of AMS has been re-balanced to 150.
Orc - Troll Batrider Unstable Concoction damage reduced to 550 from 900, and splash damage increased to 140 from 100. - Troll Batrider damage increased to 13-15 from 11-12. - Level-1 Spirit Wolves now move at speed 320, down from speed 350. - Level-3 Spirit Wolves now have 500 hit points, up from 400 hit points. - Damage sustained over Spirit Link is now never fatal. Fatal damage sustained via Spirit Link instead reduces a unit to 1 hit point, and dispels Spirit Link. - Stasis Trap area of effect reduced to 400 from 500. - Shockwave now has a damage cap of roughly 12 units affected. Note that this limit will not typically be reached except in team games.
Night Elf - Shadow Strike level-1 DoT damage reduced to 10 per period, down from 15. - Detonate mana drain reduced to 50 from 100. - Druid of the Claw caster upgrade times reduced to 25 seconds and 35 seconds respectively, down from 45 seconds and 1 minute. - Dryad damage increased to 17-19 from 16-18. - Glaive Thrower damage changed from 39-50 to 36-53. - Eating trees now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds, up from 200 hit points over 10 seconds.
Neutral Buildings, Units and Heroes - Beastmaster Strength reduced to 22 from 25, and base armor reduced to 2 from 3. - Level-2 hawk hit points reduced to 450 from 625, and level-3 hawk hit points reduced to 650 from 875. - Breath of Fire and Drunken Haze mana costs reduced to 70 from 75. - Naga Sea Witch speed reduced to 300 from 320. - Frost Arrows mana cost is now 10 per shot, up from 7 per shot. - Pit Lord footprint, or collision size, has been reduced to 32 from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the battlefield. - Rain of Fire is now damage capped. This damage cap is invoked when Rain of Fire hits more than 5 targets per wave. - Level-1 Black Arrow no longer has a cooldown, but level-1 Minion damage reduced to 9-10 from 14-15. - Cleave attack splash radius increased to 200 from 150. - Dragonspawn Meddlers have been rebalanced to correctly reflect their food, level and gold cost. They now have 370 hit points, down from 500 hit points, and deal 12-13 damage, down from 21-25 damage. - Mercenary Barbed Arachnathids are now available at the start of the second day, instead of very early in the game. - Creep Bloodlust mana cost increased to 75 from 50. - Creeps with Faerie Fire always use the creep version of Faerie Fire now. Additionally, creep Faerie Fire cooldown increased to 8 from 5. - Creep Curse cooldown increased to 8 from 5. - Thunder Lizard cost increased to 6 food from 5, and 150 lumber from 80 lumber.
Items - Replenishment Potion can now be sold to a shop for 75 gold, down from 200 gold. - Sentry Wards now have 2 charges, down from 3. - Anti-magic Potion duration increased to 15 from 10. - Orb of Fire cost reduced to 300 from 375. - Orb of Venom cost reduced to 325 from 375. - Healing Wards and Ankh of Reincarnation are now level-4 items (down from 5). - Red Drake Egg, Stone Token and Spiked Collar are now level-5 items, up from level 4. - Staff of Preservation cost reduced to 150 from 200. - Staff of Preservation no longer affects allied units--it now can only affect its owner's units. - Staff of Sanctuary now heals 15 hp/sec, up from 10 hp/sec.
Other - We have made modifications to how gold is mined. Although these changes are somewhat difficult to describe, the effect is that in almost all cases, 5 peons are required for an Orc or Human to mine a gold mine at maximum efficiency (assuming the town hall equivalent is as close as possible).
WORLD EDITOR FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS
General - Map-specific option for game data set to be used (custom vs. melee). - Model selection dialog now includes all doodad/destructible variations. - Added "standard/custom" filter menu to ability selection UI. - Added "Hero Attributes - Attack Speed Bonus per Agility Point" field to Gameplay Constants. - Added preference for "Automatically zoom Previewer to fit new models" (Visual tab). - New Gameplay Constants for global "Tech Tree - Dependency Equivalents". - New Gameplay Constants for tier-based Hero experience bonus factors. - New Game Interface fields for many of the game UI strings (Text - General fields). - Maximum unit movement speed increased from 400 to 522. - Minimum unit movement speed decreased from 25 to 1. - Added "Advanced->Reset Fixed Object Heights" option. (Turn off to preserve any fixed object heights [set via ctrl-page up/down] while moving them.) - Object Manager Items tab now includes global item tables. - Increased maximum texture space for tilesets (was 12, now 13).
Trigger Editor - "Hero skill" trigger parameter UI now allows selection of all Hero abilities, including custom. - Increased maximum length of trigger comments (was 640, now 2048). - "Event Response - Triggering Player" is now valid during "Dialog - Dialog Button Click" events. - Added special doodad animation tags "show" and "hide". - "Conversion - Convert Externalized String" will now work properly with string concatenation and substrings. - Enabled all save/load game trigger actions for general use (i.e., no longer Blizzard-signed maps only). - Added 'Pawns An Item' unit event (for units selling items back to shops). - Added new functions for working with "multiboards" (new Multiboard function category). - Added various new functions: - Ability Name (string call) - Buff Comparison (condition) - Conversion - Convert String Case (string call) - Destructible - Destructible Name (string call) - Environment - Turn Water Deformation On/Off (action) - Environment - Point Is Blighted (boolean call) - Event Response - Target Point Of Ability Being Cast (point call) - Event Response - Target Unit Of Ability Being Cast (unit call) - Event Response - Target Destructible Of Ability Being Cast (destructible call) - Event Response - Target Item Of Ability Being Cast (item call) - Game - Show/Hide Creep Camps On Minimap (action) - Game - Creep Camp Display Is On (boolean call) - Game - Enable/Disable Minimap Buttons (action) - Item - Set Charges Remaining (action) - Item - Item Charges Remaining (integer call) - Item - Set Custom Value (action) - Item - Custom Value Of Item (integer call) - Item - Item Name (string call) - Player - Leaves Game (event) - Player - Player Score (integer call) - String Length (integer call) - Unit - Set Rally-Point To Point (action) - Unit - Set Rally-Point To Unit (action) - Unit - Set Rally-Point To Destructible (action) - Unit - Rally-Point As Point (point call) - Unit - Rally-Point As Unit (unit call) - Unit - Rally-Point As Destructible (destructible call) - Unit - Remove Specific Buff (action) - Unit - Unit Has Specific Buff (boolean call) - Unit - Level Of Unit (integer call) - Unit - Level Of Ability For Unit (integer call) - Unit - Count Items Carried (integer call) - Unit - Current Order Of Unit (order call) - Added "Height Offset" Camera Field value - Added Map Flag values - Observers on defeat - Use random Heroes - Use random races - Visibility - Hide Terrain - Visibility - Map Explored - Visibility - Always Visible
Sound Editor - Added Edit->Find command (works on sound/music list and variable list).
Object Editor - Custom Buffs/Effects data (new tab). - Option to sort objects by name only (View->Sort Objects By Name). - Holding down Shift while modifying a numerical value will disable all min/max limits for that field (use with caution; this can potentially crash the game!). - Tech Item dialog allows selection of special multi-unit "Equivalents" (any Altar, etc.). - Ability dialog allows selection of "None" for "Abilities - Default Active Ability" unit field. - New unit fields for tier-based tech tree requirements. - Enabled additional abilities for modification: Devour Cargo, Entangled Gold Mine Ability, Load (Entangled Gold Mine), Poison Sting, Way Gate Ability. - Increased maximum number of workers per gold mine to 32 (was 4). - Morphing abilities now support different unit types per ability level in the game. - Doodad "tinting color" fields now dynamically displayed based on number of variations (and they support Auto Fill Levels command). - Added various new fields: - Art - Selection Size - Editor (items) - Art - Animation Names (abilities) - Art - Lightning Effects (abilities) - Data - Uprooted Defense Type ("root" abilities) - Stats - Hero - Hide Hero Interface Icon (Hero units) - Stats - Hero - Hide Hero Minimap Display (Hero units)
Import Manager - New command for importing all files within a directory (File->Import Files). - New command for exporting all files at once (File->Export All Files).
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
General - Item Tables dialog is accessible from Unit Properties dialog (ROC only). - Pre-placed summoned units count towards creep camp minimap icons. - "Extra->Cinematic Arthas" model file reference is invalid. - Game lock-up when decreasing level of "Attribute Bonus" ability. - Crash when resizing column in Gameplay Constants/Game Interface dialogs too far to the right. - Excessive performance loss when units and start locations overlap. - Doodad "fixed height" status is not preserved across undo operations. - Setting "Berserker Upgrade" or "Barrage" to researched in Upgrade Properties disables the corresponding units. - Pre-placed random units may have their team color set to red in game, regardless of owner. - Unit Properties dialog does not display mana value for buildings with mana. - Moving a start location which is on top of another start location can cause duplicate start locations. - Random Group references used for dropped items are not displayed properly in the Object Manager. - View menu does not always refresh properly after changing layers. - Advanced->Adjust Cliff Levels does not adjust water height along with terrain. - Added names for all "unknown" abilities. - Using lumber upkeep (via Gameplay Constants) can cause the game to crash on the scorescreen.
Trigger Editor - Unit event "Uses an item" does not fire for items with unlimited charges. - Action "Player Group - Set Alliance" ignores the player groups and sets the alliance for all players. - Attempting to enable a trigger does not properly validate that the trigger script compiles. - Action "Game - Show/Hide Custom Campaign Button" fails if game has been loaded from a saved game. - Action "Skip Remaining Actions" can cause compile errors if used as a parameter to another function. - "Event Response - Casting Unit" and "Target Point Of Issued Order" become reset after a "Wait" action. - Invalid sub-functions are not disabled when pasting triggers. - Function menu appears in the dialog for setting variable initial values. - "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting" option does not work for "Set Variable" actions. - "Edit->Category Is Comment" toggle is not undoable. - "Game Cache - Cache Value Exists" fails on Integer value types. - Deleting functions may corrupt the strings within other "cut" functions (manifest after pasting). - "Event Response - Learned Skill Level" result is off by one for all levels greater than one. - Variables dialog sorting by Initial Value does not sort properly. - Unit-Targeted Order for Drunken Haze uses invalid order string "st.rongdrink" (should be "drunkenhaze"). - Map Flag value "Observer chat" is obsolete and causes compile errors.
Sound Editor - There is no way to remove imported sounds (TFT can use Import Manager).
Object Editor - Default values for ability levels beyond four are not loaded properly in game. - Custom "Required Animation Names" values do not display properly in the editor (works in game). - Character limit on extended tooltip fields too small (was 300, now 1024). - Custom values of "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field are not loaded properly in game. - Maximum value for some ability duration fields is too small (was 300, now 3600). - Ability "data" fields do not show up for custom versions of some abilities. - Black Arrow data fields list "Damage Bonus" twice. One should be "Summoned Unit Duration." - Unit/item tooltips referencing custom abilities will display as zero in game. - Hotkey field not allowed to be empty. - Changing an object "category" does not automatically refresh the field list, if necessary. - Maximum value for ability "Stats - Required Level" and "Stats - Level Skip Requirement" is too small (10). - Upgrade "Techtree - Requirements" fields are not loaded properly beyond level 1 in game. - Upgrade effect "Ability Level Bonus" does not recognize custom abilities in game. - Upgrade effect "Ability Level Bonus" does not apply multiple levels to units created after researching. - "Stats - Build Time" values less than 8 cause Heroes to be unable to revive. - Extra "data" fields appear for certain Orb abilities. - "Stats - Levels" field does not appear for non-Hero abilities (where it can be valid in some cases). - "Stats - Casting Time" and "Stats - Mana Cost" fields do not appear for item abilities (can be valid). - Three upgrade effects are missing appropriate data and UI: 'rtma', 'rart', 'rauv'. - Setting Ability or Upgrade race to "Critter" or "Commoner" can crash the editor. - Excessive load times for abilities or upgrades with many levels (noticeably improved). - Improper truncation of ability name displayed with commas. - Using 10 Mirror Images will crash the game (max should be 9). - Values cannot be set to original default values if the campaign value is different. - Custom doodads/destructibles can be chosen as the base object for a new custom object (leads to crash). - Object tabs do not always refresh properly after importing "all" object data file. - Minimum value for Brilliance Aura "Data - Mana Regeneration Increase" is too small (was 1, now 0). - Maximum value is too small for various ability data fields that can optionally be used as percentages. - Buildings with no pathing map crash the game. - Custom abilities based on Locust Swarm do not recognize the "Sound - Effect Sound (Looping)" field. - Unit field "Abilities - Default Active Ability" does not work with custom abilities. - Abilities "Essence of Blight" and "Spirit Touch" should not have mana and hp related "Data" fields, respectively. - "Replenish" and related abilities have a "Stats - Casting Time" field that should read "Data - Maximum Units Affected". - "Parasite" and related abilities have a "Stats - Casting Time" field that should read "Data - Summoned Unit Duration". - Abilities "Defend" and "Magic Defense" do not apply modifiers properly if additional levels are learned while they are active. - Abilities may display the "editor suffix" corresponding to a different ability. - Auto Fill dialog allows any character for hotkey fields. - "Art - Scaling Value" is not applied to building placement cursor in game. - Pasting "True" values over "False" values does not work.
Campaign Editor - Custom campaign objects are not listed in dialogs in the rest of the Campaign Editor. - Custom campaign abilities display every possible "Data" field. - User-selected variable difficulty level does not take effect in the game.
AI Editor - Food limit displays as 90, even though 100 (or more) is possible. - Reloading an already open AI data file does not revert the current data.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.12 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.13 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will not load from version 1.12.
- PATCH 1.12
- Cinematic sequences that were not playing within certain foreign language versions have been fixed. - Fixed problem that enabled you to save games that could not be loaded. - Fixed problem that enabled you to create a replay that could not be properly played back.
- Rune of Rebirth has been removed from maps (6)GnollWood and (4)Floodplains1v1. - Gold mine positioning has been rebalanced and the starting location tree placement has been improved for the map (2)TwoRivers. - A Golem has been added to each of the Mercenary Camps within the map (4)Twisted Meadows. - Destructible rocks have been added to the upper and lower gold mine areas in (4)Avalanche.
- The creep version of Inner Fire has had its mana cost increased from 35 to 75. - The creep version of Raise Dead has had its cooldown increased from 5 to 12 seconds. - The creep version of Purge no longer stuns units. - The creep version of Abolish Magic has had its mana cost increased from 50 to 75.
- Within the Tomb of Relics maximum stock for the Rod of Necromancy has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- Aerial Shackles damage has been increased from 20 points per second to 30 per second. - The gold cost for a Dragonhawk Rider has been reduced from 235/40 to 200/30. - Arcane Towers now deal Piercing damage, and have had their range increased from 700 to 800. - Animal War Training upgrade cost has been reduced from 150/250 to 125/175. - Long Rifles Upgrade now requires a Keep instead of a Workshop.
NIGHT ELF CHANGES
- Spirits of Vengeance (which are summoned by the Avatar of Vengeance) have had their damage increased from 14-18 to 17-21.
- You no longer need a Fortress as a prerequisite to build Batriders. - Wind Rider hit points have been reduced from 600 to 570. - Burrow armor has been increased from 2 to 5 and damage has been reduced from 1d8+33 to 1d5+22
- Anti-air creeps have been added to each Mercenary Camp in the map (4)Tranquil Paths (Reign of Chaos). - Wyvern hit points have been reduced from 600 to 570. - Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel attack cooldown have been reduced from 2.0 to 1.5. - The multiplayer custom map desync that occurs between Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne players has been fixed.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.11 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.12 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will not load from version 1.11.
- PATCH 1.11
- Classic Campaign unit damage has been adjusted to match 1.01 values. - Some custom maps would crash because they had pre-1.10 data embedded in them. - Czech-only: fixed a crash with the display news items. - Fixed a number of text strings within our localized versions. - Fixed a number of hotkeys within our localized versions.
- PATCH 1.10
THE FROZEN THRONE SPECIFICS
- Further information regarding modifying hotkeys can be found in your Warcraft III installation directory.
- Numerous maps have had minor improvements made to them.
Human - Lumber Mill cost reduced to 120 from 145. - Lumber upgrade now gives +10 lumber capacity per level of the upgrade, up from +5 lumber capacity per level of the upgrade. - Human masonry upgrade cost reduced to 100/25, 125/50 and 150/75 from 100/100, 125/175, 175/250. - Guard Towers and Arcane Towers now cost 70/50 to upgrade, down from 80/60. - Mortar Teams now have a limitless supply of flares. However, a particular Mortar Team can only use a flare once per 2 minutes. - Flying Machine damage versus air increased to 12-13 from 7-8. - Gryphon Aviary cost changed to 140/150 from 120/240. - Gryphon Aviaries now require a Keep instead of a Castle. However, both the Cloud upgrade and Gryphon Riders require a Castle to access. - Dragonhawk Riders are now correctly a level 3 unit instead of a level 5 unit. This only impacts the experience gained when they are killed. - Dragonhawk Rider build time reduced to 30 from 45. - Spell Breaker hit points reduced to 600 from 650. - Spell Breaker armor type changed to Medium. - Mana cost of Spell Steal increased to 75. - Scroll of Regeneration now heals 225 hit points over its 45 second duration, up from 150 hit points. - Thunder Clap damage reduced to 60/100/140 from 70/110/150. - Orb of Fire cost reduced to 375 from 400 and splash radius increased to 140 from 125. - Priest heal effect increased to 25 hit points per cast, up from 20; Priest heal mana cost increased to 5 from 4. - Sorceress damage increased to 10-12 from 8-10. - Powerbuild has been improved. Each additional Peasant contributes 60% of the speed of the first, up from 50%.
Undead - Crypt Fiend damage reduced from 28-33 to 26-31. - Burrowed Crypt Fiends now heal 5 hp/sec down from 10 hp/sec. - Ghoul hit points upgraded to 340 from 330. - Orb of Corruption cost was reduced to 375 from 400, and its armor decrease has gone to 5 from 4. - Rod of Necromancy cooldown increased from 15 to 22. - Carrion Swarm max damage reduced to 300/600/1000 from 375/700/1000 and damage per target reduced to 75/125/200 from 100/150/200. - Impale area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300. - Gargoyles now require Halls of the Dead instead of Black Citadel. - Obsidian Statue Spirit Touch now replenishes 4 mana per casting, down from 5. - Obsidian Statue Aura of Blight effect reduced to 10 hp/sec from 12 hp/sec. - Boneyard cost changed to 175/200 from 125/250. - Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel deal one quarter as much damage as previously, but now possess a frost attack similar to that of Nerubian Towers. - Nerubian Tower damage reduced to 1d2 + 8 from 1d2 + 10. - The Tomb of Relics now sells Dust of Appearance, but no longer sells Lesser Clarity Potions. - Devour Magic now heals 50 hit points per spell devoured, up from 25, and restores 75 mana, up from 50. - Destroyer damage reduced to 19-21 from 21-24. - Frost Wyrm damage increased to 93-115 from 85-105.
Orc - Demolisher damage reduced from 82-102 to 76-94. - Kodo Beasts are now Unarmored. - Raiders now have a base armor of 1, up from 0. - Ensnare duration increased to 15 from 12, and range increased to 500 from 400. - Shockwave area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300. - Chain Lightning base damage reduced to 85/125/180 from 100/140/180. - Feral Spirit mana cost reduced to 75 from 100 and cooldown increased to 25 from 15. - Tauren Chieftain speed increased to 270 from 250. - The Tauren Chieftain now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the ground. - Purge has been improved. It no longer slows friendly units when used on them, and it causes enemies to stop for a brief moment when first cast (in addition to slowing them later). - Wind Riders no longer require a Fortress to be built. - Wind Rider damage reduced to 36-44 from 39-47. - Wind Rider poison now deals 4 damage a second, up from 3.3 damage a second. - Wind Rider speed reduced to 320 from 350. - Tauren Totem cost changed to 135/155 from 90/200. - Orb of Lightning cost reduced to 375 from 400. - The Voodoo Lounge now sells Lesser Clarity Potions, but no longer sells Dust of Appearance. - Spirit Link mana cost reduced to 75 from 100. - Mirror Image cost reduced to 125 from 150. - Blademaster's base Agility increased to 24 from 23.
Night Elf - Entangle duration versus Heroes reduced to 3/4/5 from 3/5/7. - Fan of Knives maximum damage reduced to 300/625/950 from 350/675/950, and damage per target reduced to 75/120/180 from 90/135/180. - Chimaera splash increments reduced by 50 for quarter, 25 for half. This effectively means that Chimaeras will do less splash damage than previously. - Mana Flare has had a bug fixed that was preventing multiple Mana Flares from attacking multiple targets at the same time. As a result, Mana Flare has been rebalanced, and deals up to 90 damage to targets in a 250 area when a unit casts a spell, down from 125 damage. - Archer hit points reduced to 240 from 310. - Archers now have a new passive ability, Elune's Grace. This ability grants them 35% damage reduction against Piercing attacks, and 20% damage reduction against spells. - Hippogryph Rider hit points decreased to 765 from 835 and armor increased to 1 from 0. - Dryad damage increased from 15-17 to 16-18. - Mountain Giant base armor increased to 4 from 0 and hit points increased to 1600 from 1400. - Hardened Skin upgrade cost reduced to 100/175 from 100/250, and damage reduction reduced to 12 from 15. - Chimaera Roost cost changed to 140/190 from 100/230. - Orb of Venom cost reduced to 375 from 400 and poison damage/sec increased to 7 from 6.
Neutral Buildings, Units, and Heroes - Forked Lightning damage reduced to 85/160/250 from 100/175/250. - Tornado now deals 7 damage a second to buildings in its general vicinity (down from 10) and 50 damage to buildings it is over (down from 80), and it now costs 250 mana to cast, up from 150. - Silence area of effect increased from 150/250/350 to 200/275/350. - Mercenaries cost 25% more gold than previously. - Mud Golem availability delayed to second day. - Summoned Doom Guard hit points increased to 1600 from 1350. - Howl of Terror % damage reduction increased by 5% at all levels. - Zeppelin hit points increased to 575 from 500. - Forest Troll Shadow Priests have had their starting availability delayed by 60 seconds to 120 seconds. - The Beastmaster now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the ground.
Items - Scroll of Restoration is now a level 5 item instead of a level 6 item.
Other - Town Portal now takes 5 seconds to activate, up from 3. - Units killed in a transport will "spill out" over a wider area. This means that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally not kill the passengers. - Tavern instant revive costs three times more lumber than previously. - Heroes revived at the Tavern now are brought back to life with 0 mana and 50% health. - Tier 3 town halls all cost 20 lumber and 20 gold less. - At tiers 2 and 3, a player who owns only one Hero (dead Heroes count) will gain bonus experience. This bonus is 10% at tier 2, and 20% at tier 3. This affects all experience gain--both from killing creeps and enemy units.
REIGN OF CHAOS SPECIFICS
- All multiplayer maps that were shipped with the original product have been patched to have improved item drop tables. - Some maps have been additionally improved with other minor enhancements. - Tranquil Paths now has random creeps.
Humans - Devotion Aura now gives 1.5/3/4.5 armor per level. - Powerbuild effectiveness has been reduced to 60% of its previous strength in terms of how much speed additional Peasants add when supporting the construction of a building. Note that the cost increase per additional Peasant is unchanged. - Thunder Clap damage reduced to 60/100/140 from 70/110/150. - Gyrocopter damage increased to 27-32 from 25-30.
Undead - Shade speed increased to 350 from 270, but hit points reduced to 125 from 250. - Animate Dead's duration reduced to 40 from 120, cooldown reduced from 180 to 240. Additionally, animated units are invulnerable, but can still be dispelled. - Death Pact and Dark Ritual can now be used on invulnerable units. - Carrion Swarm max damage reduced to 300/600/1000 from 375/700/1000 and damage per target reduced to 75/125/200 from 100/150/200. - Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel attack cooldown is now 2 seconds up from 1 second, and their damage has been reduced by 33% as well - Gargoyle attack versus air decreased to 1d11 + 43 from 1d13 + 50 to reflect new air pathing changes.
Orcs - Wind Walk now has a cooldown of 5 seconds, costs 75 mana at all levels (changed from 100/75/25), and deals "backstab" damage. When a Blademaster attacks while using Wind Walk, he deals bonus damage to his victim. - Lightning Shield range increased to 600 from 500. - Ensnare duration increased to 15 from 12, and range increased to 500 from 400. - Feral Spirit mana cost reduced to 75 from 100 and cooldown increased to 25 from 15. - Shockwave area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300. - Chain Lightning base damage reduced to 85/125/180 from 100/140/180. - Tauren Chieftain speed increased to 270 from 250. - The Tauren Chieftain now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the ground. - Wyvern hit points increased to 600 from 500. - Wyvern poison now lasts 25 seconds and deals 4 damage a second. - Headhunter cooldown reduced to 2.26 from 2.34. - Berserker Strength now requires a Stronghold instead of a Fortress. - Mirror Image cost reduced to 125 from 150.
Night Elves - Dryad damage increased from 15-17 to 16-18. - Entangle now prevents an affected unit from attacking, and interrupts channeling spells such as Blizzard and Starfall. However, its duration has been reduced to 12(3)/24(4)/36(5) (unit(Hero)). - Treants created by Force of Nature now benefit from the Nature's Blessing upgrade. - Mana Burn cooldown is now 7/6/5 seconds by level, down from 7/7/7 seconds by level. - Tranquility cooldown reduced to 60 from 120. - Tranquility mana cost reduced to 125 from 200. - Cyclone no longer affects mechanical units. - Rejuvenation can now be cast on units at full health. - Ancients now attack while rooted. - Hippogryph attack decreased from 1d9 + 37 to 1d7 + 31 to reflect new air pathing changes. - Chimaera splash increments reduced by 50 for quarter, 25 for half. This effectively means that Chimaeras will do less splash damage than previously.
Items - Items have been revamped with new level tables. Items now have a level from 1 to 8, along with one of several categories. Items of levels 1 to 6 can be charged items, permanent items, or powerups. Items of level 7 or higher are artifacts. Examples: Wand of Lightning Shield (charged), Stone Token (charged), Ring of Protection +2 (permanent), Tome of Strength +2 (powerup), Mask of Death (artifact). - You can now sell items at the Goblin Merchant by right-clicking on an item, and then "dropping" it onto a Goblin Merchant. - Scroll of Town Portal now takes 5 seconds to use. During this time it is being "channeled", and the Hero using it cannot be attacked or stunned. Under no circumstances can the town portal be aborted once started. - Wand of Illusion can no longer be cast on hostile units. This change was made to prevent players from cheesing high level creep camps by using Wand of Illusion on high level creeps, and then using this illusionary creep to tank the damage. - Boots of Speed no longer stack: two Boots of Speed will make a Hero just as fast as one.
Other - When "attack-moving", air units now prefer to attack other air units more often than previously. - Creeps that are not in combat now ignore flying units. This means that if you move flying units around using "move" instead of "attack move", creeps will generally not attack them. - Creeps can no longer be dragged via constant attacks--they eventually give up and return to their start location. - Goblin Sappers now deal 750 damage to buildings, 250 damage to all units, and 185 damage to Heroes. These values are reduced by armor values such as '5 armor', but do not interact with armor types (e.g. 'Medium armor'). - Units in a transport over ground will "spill out" over a wider area. This means that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally not kill the passengers.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.07 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.10 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will not load from version 1.07.
- PATCH 1.06
Improved Counterability Unarmored Light Medium Heavy Fortified Hero Normal 100% 150% 100% 100% 50% 100% Piercing150% 75% 100% 150% 35% 50% Siege 150% 50% 100% 100% 150% 50% Magic 75% 100% 200% 100% 50% 50% Hero 100% 100% 100% 100% 50% 100%
You can find further information related to armor and damage types on our web site at http://www.battle.net/war3/basics/armorandweapontypes.shtml
Spellcaster Rebalance - Most spellcasters (Sorceress, Priest, Shaman, Witch Doctor, Necromancer, Banshee, Druid of the Talon) have been re-balanced. In general, units with piercing damage rip up spellcasters, while basic melee units, such as Ghouls or Footmen, are weak against spellcasters. The specific changes to the units in question are: * They have a new armor type, unarmored, which takes bonus damage from siege and piercing attacks. * They also have a new damage type, magic, which does reduced damage to fortified and hero armor, but does bonus damage against medium armor. * They had their damage adjusted, typically downwards. * They no longer gain damage as they go up in level, and gain less hitpoints as they go up in level (but start with more hitpoints when initially built) * Many autocast buffs and debuff costs reduced. * Casters, including Dryads, have had their mana regeneration rates boosted by 30%.
Hero Damage - Heroes now have an aptly named hero damage type. It deals 100% damage to everything except fortified armor, to which it deals 50% damage. Hero damage was added so that heroes no longer strongly counter ranged units such as Archers and Crypt Fiends.
Advanced Structures - Most advanced technology structures had their build times reduced. This reduction ranged from 20 seconds for especially underused structures, to 10 seconds for less underused structures. For instance, the Slaughterhouse builds 20 seconds faster now, while the Arcane Sanctum build time was only reduced 10 seconds.
Humans - Flares now cost 75/25 to research, down from 100/50. - Inner Fire cost increased to 35, from 25. - Slow cost reduced to 40 from 50. - Slow duration vs heroes reduced to 10 seconds from 20 seconds. - Thunderclap debuff is 50% at all levels, and lasts 5/3 at all levels.
Undead - Curse now causes a 33% chance to miss, up from 25%. - Curse now lasts 2 minutes, up from 1 minute. - Curse cost reduced to 40 mana from 50. - Web lasts 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds. - Carrion Swarm max damage increased to 375/700/1000 from 300/550/800. - Carrion Swarm no longer hits wards. - Boneyard cost reduced to 250/100 from 350/125. - Acolytes now have 220 health, up from 180. - Necropolis cost reduced to 300 gold, down from 350 gold. - Black Citadel now has 2000 hitpoints, down from 2300. - Halls of the Dead now has 1750 hitpoints, down from 2000.
Orcs - Bloodlust cost reduced from 50 mana to 40 mana. - Raiders now have light armor instead of heavy armor. - Raider Ensnare lasts 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds. - Bladestorm cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 4 minutes.
Night Elves - Cyclone duration on units increased to 15 from 10. - Faerie Fire cost reduced to 35 from 75. - Chimaera Roost cost reduced to 230/70 from 280/100 - Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units. - Dryads now have the unarmored armor type. This change was made to further specialize Dryads as melee killers, but allow piercing damage units, such as Crypt Fiends and Archers, to counter them more effectively. - Dryad hitpoints increased to 435 from 380.
Other - All basic siege units (Mortar Teams, Catapults, etc.) have had their night sight increased to 1100 from 1000.
Creeps - Creep-cast Polymorph duration reduced to 25. - Creep autocast Heal heals 12 hp a cast not 15. - Lightning Lizards, Thunder Lizards and Storm Wyrms no longer friendly fire - their attacks only hit hostile targets. - Lightning Lizard damage reduced from 1d8 + 16 to 1d8 + 14 - Thunder Lizard damage reduced from 1d11+30 to 1d8+26. - Centaur Impaler hitpoints reduced to 350 from 450.
Items - Anhk of Reincarnation is now a level 7 item. - Potion of Restoration now heals 500 health and 200 mana, rather than fully replenishing a hero's health and mana. - Scroll of Restoration now heals 300 health and 150 mana, rather than fully replenishing all targets health and mana. - Tome of Experience is now a level 5 item - Scroll of Protection cost reduced to 150
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.05 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.06 version of Warcraft III).
- PATCH 1.05
- Fixed a problem with viewing certain replays.
- PATCH 1.04c
- Dates now use the system date format. - Fixed some issues related to IME text input. - Fixed some minor text wrapping issues that were occurring with Asian languages. - Fixed an issue that allowed players to keep Castles and Keeps alive for abnormal lengths of time while those buildings were under attack.
- PATCH 1.04
- Fixed an issue related to full shared unit control and allied play that could cause one or more players to lose the ability to train or upgrade their own units. - Fixed an issue that caused the experience point bars in Battle.net profiles to improperly reflect recently gained or lost points. - Fixed a graphic issue related to the ladder profile and the scroll bar.
Humans - Divine Shield duration increased to 15/30/45 from 10/20/30. - Divine Shield cooldown changed to 35/50/65 from 60/60/60. - Avatar cooldown increased to 180 from 120. - Resurrection mana cost reduced to 200 from 250. - Sorceress acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Slow is auto-cast.
Undead - Banshee acquisition range increased to 700 from 500, improving the frequency with which Curse is auto-cast. - Anti-magic Shell is once again dispellable. A summoned unit under a shell does not take damage from the dispel, but will lose the shell. - Anti-magic Shell mana cost reduced to 50 from 75. - Sleep duration decreased on Hero units to 5/10/15 from 10/20/30. - Web duration decreased on Hero units to 7 from 20. - Animate Dead mana cost reduced to 250 from 300. - Player-controlled Ghouls no longer turn off pathing against units when they are instructed to harvest lumber. - Possession now takes 1 second to cast, up from 0.
Orcs - Wards are no longer hit by Huntress Moon Glaive bounce. - Critical Strike no longer receives damage from Thorns Aura. However, the Blademaster's base attack associated with a Critical Strike still interacts with Thorns appropriately.
Night Elves - Thorns no longer interacts with Critical Strike. - Mana Burn mana cost reduced to 50 from 75. - Mana Burn drain amount reduced to 50/100/150 from 100/200/300. - Mana Burn cooldown reduced to 7 from 9. - Huntress damage reduced to 1d3+14 from 1d3+15. - Metamorphosis cooldown increased to 180 from 120. - Cyclone duration reduced to 10/5.5 from 30/6 (normal unit/Hero units). - Starfall cooldown increased to 180 from 120. - Druid of the Talon (in Night Elf form) acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Faerie Fire is auto-cast. - Ballista Impaling Bolt no longer functions with "Attack Ground." - Ancient Protector cost reduced to 160/80 from 240/100. - Ancient Protector hit points increased to 600 from 550. - Ancient Protector armor decreased to 1 from 2. - Ancient Protector minimum range reduced to 0 from 200. - Ancient Protector ranged attack damage reduced to 1d10+44 from 1d13+51. - Ancient Protector damage type changed to pierce from siege. - Ancient Protector splash damage reduced.
Creeps - Murloc Mutant damage increased to 1d5+24 from 1d2+12.
- Many minor changes were made to many maps due to the balance changes made in patch 1.03 and patch 1.04. Some examples include: (4) Lost Temple - Added more shallow water to the islands. Center creep camp is a bit harder. Added Ogre Magi to the corner Ogre creep camps. (6) Moonglade - Reduced all creep camps approximately 2 levels. (8) The Crucible - All start locations should now be very similar, close to trees with enough room to build. All Goblin Merchant creep camps are now farther off the main path. (10) Dustwallow Keys - Fixed the choke point in the bottom left. Moved Razormane creeps off the main paths. (12) Ice Crown - Fixed the creep levels so that all camps are equal.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.03 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.04 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will not load from versions 1.03 and below.
- PATCH 1.03
- Each AI player can now be set to one of three different settings: Easy, Normal, and Insane. - Allied AI will teleport to human allies' towns when the towns are under attack. - Allied AI will ping the minimap to indicate where they are going to attack next. - Messages can now be sent when the "Waiting for Players" dialog is up. - Added PowerPC optimizations and MacOS X 10.2 specific acceleration to the graphics engine.
- Fixed an issue with building reimbursement that could credit a player twice for canceling a building. - Fixed a crash that could occur when the system date was set to > 2038. - Fixed map loading crash that could result from custom units that sell too many items. - Fixed crash with Avance Sound cards. The fix requires a minor change to your registry. If you are experiencing this problem, please contact our technical support staff. - Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a corrupted save file. - Fixed a crash that could occur on custom maps during some unit creation events. - Fixed an issue causing localized versions of maps to be passed unnecessar- ily. - Fixed Mass Teleport crash that could result from a target unit's dying before spell completes. - Fixed save/load map interaction that could result in an unresponsive game. - Fixed an issue related to unit selection and upgrading Human towers. - Fixed an issue with Dreadlord that could cause him to not take damage from Unholy Frenzy if he had the Sleep skill. - Fixed some AI mining issues that could occur when their original town hall was destroyed. - Fixed an AMM chat message bug that could disconnect you if an AMM team game message was sent just before game launch. - Fixed an issue that allowed players to save after choosing "Continue" in a single-player mission. - Fixed a supply issue related to the Demon Hunter and his Metamorphosis ability. - Fixed Zeppelin drop exploit as a method of building locating through fog of war. - Fixed an issue with saving while "Waiting for Players" dialog was up that could result in a soft lock. - Fixed an issue that could create an invincible Mountain King. - Fixed an issue related to graphical display of auras from aura-generating items. - Fixed an issue with Anti-magic Shell so it now properly interacts with magic-immune and non-magic-immune summoned units. - Fixed disappearance of Sentinel owl in conjunction w/ AOE-targeting circle. - Fixed an issue with Huntress' bouncing missile that would allow it to hit a secondary target even if it missed the primary target. - Fixed an issue with rooted Ancients that would cause them to trigger Goblin Land Mines. - Fixed an issue related to Hero illusions' carrying a Ring of Protection. - Fixed an issue with Town Portal spell art. - Fixed an issue with hit point/mana upgrades and Polymorph. - Fixed an issue with the Abolish Magic ability and allies. - Fixed an issue with poison that could kill a unit. Poison, by itself, should only take a unit to the brink of death. - Fixed an issue related to the interaction of Shift-adding units to a group and unit deaths. - Fixed an issue related to replays, selection circles, and changing player perspective. - Fixed an issue with Cyclone and moving units creating aerial footprints. - Fixed keyboard screen scroll and "Waiting for Players" interaction. - Fixed several minor text and tooltip issues. - Fixed a few improper combat sound assignments on creeps and NPCs. - Frost Wyrm attack now also slows air units. - AI Keepers of the Grove no longer cast Force of Nature on different cliff levels. - Night Elf AI now uses the Wisp's Renew ability effectively. - Disease (Plague) and poison no longer wake sleeping units. - Moon Glaive bounce no longer hits invisible units. - Demon Hunter's attack while in Demon Form no longer damages self or allies. - Upgraded building shadows no longer update through the fog of war. - Necklace of Spell Immunity no longer drops a Blademaster's Wind Walk. - Observers no longer gain full player UI when entering a loaded game. - Observers no longer get gold/lumber/supply UI when selecting neutral buildings. - Fog of war updates properly now if you are alt-tabbed out of game. - War3 now warns you when you save game or screenshot or profile if there's not enough available disk space. - Improved "We're Under Attack" messages so they trigger at more appropriate times.
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
- Fixed Macintosh World Editor crash. - Added Unit Editor field for building upgrades. - Increased number of possible dialog buttons from 5 to 12. - Added blank entries for all units that don't normally have abilities or attacks, allowing a user to potentially add these through the Unit Editor. - Added Unit Editor field to set unit sounds to that of another unit type. - Reorganized limits on pre-placed neutral units. Neutral hostile buildings now count towards the "unit" limit of 512, and only passive buildings count towards the "building" limit of 96. - Fixed bug where map auto-save could bypass object limit checks. - Fixed Sound Editor bug that would sometimes delete an imported sound file from the map if it was imported from outside the War3 directory and the Test Map feature was used before the map was saved. - Fixed force issue that would cause Force 11 when you selected Force 10 for a trigger in the editor.
Humans - Brilliance Aura has been reworked, and is no longer % based. It now adds a fixed amount of mana per second to units under its power -- .75, 1.5, and 2.25 respectively by level. While it's just as effective with mass spell- casters, players will find it is less powerful (though still exceedingly useful) with Heroes. - Divine Shield now costs 25 mana, down from 75. - Blizzard no longer goes up in radius as the level of the ability increases. - Water elementals now last 60 seconds, down from 75.
Undead - Gargoyles' ground attack was substantially upgraded. They now do 21-24 damage, up from 16-18 damage. They also have less armor (3, down from 5), but also hit harder against air units, doing 51-63 damage, up from 46-57 damage. Note that they are still just as effective against air units as they were before, but their ground attack has been much improved. - Death Pact now costs 50 mana (down from 75), and can be cast twice as frequently as before (15 seconds cooldown from 30). - Lich Heroes now have far more hit points, as they now have 15 str + 2/level, up from 13 + 1.6/level. - Frost Armor is now an auto-cast spell which will target units under attack if auto-casting is enabled. Frost Armor also costs less mana -- 40 down from 50. - The Spirit Tower Upgrade now costs 160/40, up from 120/40. - Crypt Fiends' attack was slightly improved.
Orcs - Headhunters have more hit points (350, up from 280), but also strike more slowly. - Stasis Trap no longer stuns friendly units, but has a shorter duration (6 seconds, down from 12 seconds). Stasis Traps, when they are set off, also destroy other Stasis Traps within their area of effect. - Kodo Beasts now have 1000 hit points, up from 790 hit points. They also attack more slowly than before. - Orc Barracks cost less lumber: 50, down from 70. - Watch Towers now do 16-18 damage, down from 19-22 damage. - Grunts now have 700 hit points, up 20 from 680. - Shaman's attack is far less powerful. They attack somewhat more slowly, and also do 11-12 damage, down from 14-16 damage. - Stasis Ward and Sentry Ward no longer inhibit movement or building construction.
Night Elves - Sentinel can now be removed from a tree with various dispels (Wand of Negation, Dryads, etc.), as well by attacking the tree with a peon or siege unit (previously, the tree had to be destroyed -- now it merely has to be damaged). - Mana Burn no longer affects units with Mana Burn (Demon Hunters, Satyr Soulstealers, Felhounds, etc.). - Thorns is now a %-based ability that reflects 10%, 20% or 30% of melee damage dealt by level. - Wisp's sight radius increased by 25%. - Detonate now does 225 damage against summoned creatures, up from 150. - Non-tree buildings now have 5 armor, up from 2. - Ballistae now have an "Attack Ground" command. - Force of Nature cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds. - Treants now last 60 seconds, down from 75 seconds. - Eating trees now gives a constant, non-stacking healing effect for 10 seconds. - Moon Wells now spend mana on health and mana replenishment separately. For instance, if you sent a 0-mana, nearly dead Demon Hunter to a Moon Well, and the Moon Well had 100 mana, your DH would gain 25 mana, and 100 health. Before, the Hero would gain 200 health and 50 mana. This change does not affect the benefits of healing a unit without mana.
Creeps - All melee creeps in between levels 1 and 5 are slightly more powerful. - All creeps of level 6 or higher now have Hero magic resistance. - Creeps of level 7 or higher will behave more intelligently in general. - All creeps of level 7 or higher now deal Chaos damage. - Level 10 Dragons no longer have spell immunity. - Many minor creep balance tweaks to damage and abilities. - Mercenaries are now more accurately priced in general, which in most cases amounts to price decreases.
Items - Scepter of Mastery no longer will drop randomly in multiplayer maps. - Tome of Power, Mask of Death both increased in level (8 to 9 and 8 to 10 respectively). - Wand of Lightning Shield is now a level-3 item, down from level 6. - Sentry Ward item now comes with 3 charges, down from 5. - Periapt of Vitality now gives 150 hps, up from 100. - Pendant of Mana now gives 250 mana, down from 300. - Tome of Experience now gives Heroes 150 experience points, down from 200.
NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.02 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.03 version of Warcraft III.)
- PATCH 1.02a
- Added localized Battle.net messages.
- PATCH 1.02
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to abuse dragons with Devour. - Fixed an issue with dragons that could cause them to divert attacks.
- Necklace of Immunity, Tome of Greater Experience, and Goblin Land Mines no longer randomly drop in multiplayer games. - Scroll of
There are no comments yet. Be the first!