WARCRAFT III VERSION HISTORY - PATCH 1.11
- Classic Campaign unit damage has been adjusted to match 1.01 values. - Some custom maps would crash because they had pre-1.10 data embedded in them. - Czech-only: fixed a crash with the display news items. - Fixed a number of text strings within our localized versions. - Fixed a number of hotkeys within our localized versions.
- PATCH 1.10
THE FROZEN THRONE SPECIFICS
- Further information regarding modifying hotkeys can be found in your Warcraft III installation directory.
- Numerous maps have had minor improvements made to them.
Human - Lumber Mill cost reduced to 120 from 145. - Lumber upgrade now gives +10 lumber capacity per level of the upgrade, up from +5 lumber capacity per level of the upgrade. - Human masonry upgrade cost reduced to 100/25, 125/50 and 150/75 from 100/100, 125/175, 175/250. - Guard Towers and Arcane Towers now cost 70/50 to upgrade, down from 80/60. - Mortar Teams now have a limitless supply of flares. However, a particular Mortar Team can only use a flare once per 2 minutes. - Flying Machine damage versus air increased to 12-13 from 7-8. - Gryphon Aviary cost changed to 140/150 from 120/240. - Gryphon Aviaries now require a Keep instead of a Castle. However, both the Cloud upgrade and Gryphon Riders require a Castle to access. - Dragonhawk Riders are now correctly a level 3 unit instead of a level 5 unit. This only impacts the experience gained when they are killed. - Dragonhawk Rider build time reduced to 30 from 45. - Spell Breaker hit points reduced to 600 from 650. - Spell Breaker armor type changed to Medium. - Mana cost of Spell Steal increased to 75. - Scroll of Regeneration now heals 225 hit points over its 45 second duration, up from 150 hit points. - Thunder Clap damage reduced to 60/100/140 from 70/110/150. - Orb of Fire cost reduced to 375 from 400 and splash radius increased to 140 from 125. - Priest heal effect increased to 25 hit points per cast, up from 20; Priest heal mana cost increased to 5 from 4. - Sorceress damage increased to 10-12 from 8-10. - Powerbuild has been improved. Each additional Peasant contributes 60% of the speed of the first, up from 50%.
Undead - Crypt Fiend damage reduced from 28-33 to 26-31. - Burrowed Crypt Fiends now heal 5 hp/sec down from 10 hp/sec. - Ghoul hit points upgraded to 340 from 330. - Orb of Corruption cost was reduced to 375 from 400, and its armor decrease has gone to 5 from 4. - Rod of Necromancy cooldown increased from 15 to 22. - Carrion Swarm max damage reduced to 300/600/1000 from 375/700/1000 and damage per target reduced to 75/125/200 from 100/150/200. - Impale area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300. - Gargoyles now require Halls of the Dead instead of Black Citadel. - Obsidian Statue Spirit Touch now replenishes 4 mana per casting, down from 5. - Obsidian Statue Aura of Blight effect reduced to 10 hp/sec from 12 hp/sec. - Boneyard cost changed to 175/200 from 125/250. - Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel deal one quarter as much damage as previously, but now possess a frost attack similar to that of Nerubian Towers. - Nerubian Tower damage reduced to 1d2 + 8 from 1d2 + 10. - The Tomb of Relics now sells Dust of Appearance, but no longer sells Lesser Clarity Potions. - Devour Magic now heals 50 hit points per spell devoured, up from 25, and restores 75 mana, up from 50. - Destroyer damage reduced to 19-21 from 21-24. - Frost Wyrm damage increased to 93-115 from 85-105.
Orc - Demolisher damage reduced from 82-102 to 76-94. - Kodo Beasts are now Unarmored. - Raiders now have a base armor of 1, up from 0. - Ensnare duration increased to 15 from 12, and range increased to 500 from 400. - Shockwave area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300. - Chain Lightning base damage reduced to 85/125/180 from 100/140/180. - Feral Spirit mana cost reduced to 75 from 100 and cooldown increased to 25 from 15. - Tauren Chieftain speed increased to 270 from 250. - The Tauren Chieftain now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the ground. - Purge has been improved. It no longer slows friendly units when used on them, and it causes enemies to stop for a brief moment when first cast (in addition to slowing them later). - Wind Riders no longer require a Fortress to be built. - Wind Rider damage reduced to 36-44 from 39-47. - Wind Rider poison now deals 4 damage a second, up from 3.3 damage a second. - Wind Rider speed reduced to 320 from 350. - Tauren Totem cost changed to 135/155 from 90/200. - Orb of Lightning cost reduced to 375 from 400. - The Voodoo Lounge now sells Lesser Clarity Potions, but no longer sells Dust of Appearance. - Spirit Link mana cost reduced to 75 from 100. - Mirror Image cost reduced to 125 from 150. - Blademaster's base Agility increased to 24 from 23.
Night Elf - Entangle duration versus Heroes reduced to 3/4/5 from 3/5/7. - Fan of Knives maximum damage reduced to 300/625/950 from 350/675/950, and damage per target reduced to 75/120/180 from 90/135/180. - Chimaera splash increments reduced by 50 for quarter, 25 for half. This effectively means that Chimaeras will do less splash damage than previously. - Mana Flare has had a bug fixed that was preventing multiple Mana Flares from attacking multiple targets at the same time. As a result, Mana Flare has been rebalanced, and deals up to 90 damage to targets in a 250 area when a unit casts a spell, down from 125 damage. - Archer hit points reduced to 240 from 310. - Archers now have a new passive ability, Elune's Grace. This ability grants them 35% damage reduction against Piercing attacks, and 20% damage reduction against spells. - Hippogryph Rider hit points decreased to 765 from 835 and armor increased to 1 from 0. - Dryad damage increased from 15-17 to 16-18. - Mountain Giant base armor increased to 4 from 0 and hit points increased to 1600 from 1400. - Hardened Skin upgrade cost reduced to 100/175 from 100/250, and damage reduction reduced to 12 from 15. - Chimaera Roost cost changed to 140/190 from 100/230. - Orb of Venom cost reduced to 375 from 400 and poison damage/sec increased to 7 from 6.
Neutral Buildings, Units, and Heroes - Forked Lightning damage reduced to 85/160/250 from 100/175/250. - Tornado now deals 7 damage a second to buildings in its general vicinity (down from 10) and 50 damage to buildings it is over (down from 80), and it now costs 250 mana to cast, up from 150. - Silence area of effect increased from 150/250/350 to 200/275/350. - Mercenaries cost 25% more gold than previously. - Mud Golem availability delayed to second day. - Summoned Doom Guard hit points increased to 1600 from 1350. - Howl of Terror % damage reduction increased by 5% at all levels. - Zeppelin hit points increased to 575 from 500. - Forest Troll Shadow Priests have had their starting availability delayed by 60 seconds to 120 seconds. - The Beastmaster now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the ground.
Items - Scroll of Restoration is now a level 5 item instead of a level 6 item.
Other - Town Portal now takes 5 seconds to activate, up from 3. - Units killed in a transport will "spill out" over a wider area. This means that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally not kill the passengers. - Tavern instant revive costs three times more lumber than previously. - Heroes revived at the Tavern now are brought back to life with 0 mana and 50% health. - Tier 3 town halls all cost 20 lumber and 20 gold less. - At tiers 2 and 3, a player who owns only one Hero (dead Heroes count) will gain bonus experience. This bonus is 10% at tier 2, and 20% at tier 3. This affects all experience gain--both from killing creeps and enemy units.
REIGN OF CHAOS SPECIFICS
- All multiplayer maps that were shipped with the original product have been patched to have improved item drop tables. - Some maps have been additionally improved with other minor enhancements. - Tranquil Paths now has random creeps.
Humans - Devotion Aura now gives 1.5/3/4.5 armor per level. - Powerbuild effectiveness has been reduced to 60% of its previous strength in terms of how much speed additional Peasants add when supporting the construction of a building. Note that the cost increase per additional Peasant is unchanged. - Thunder Clap damage reduced to 60/100/140 from 70/110/150. - Gyrocopter damage increased to 27-32 from 25-30.
Undead - Shade speed increased to 350 from 270, but hit points reduced to 125 from 250. - Animate Dead's duration reduced to 40 from 120, cooldown reduced from 180 to 240. Additionally, animated units are invulnerable, but can still be dispelled. - Death Pact and Dark Ritual can now be used on invulnerable units. - Carrion Swarm max damage reduced to 300/600/1000 from 375/700/1000 and damage per target reduced to 75/125/200 from 100/150/200. - Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel attack cooldown is now 2 seconds up from 1 second, and their damage has been reduced by 33% as well - Gargoyle attack versus air decreased to 1d11 + 43 from 1d13 + 50 to reflect new air pathing changes.
Orcs - Wind Walk now has a cooldown of 5 seconds, costs 75 mana at all levels (changed from 100/75/25), and deals "backstab" damage. When a Blademaster attacks while using Wind Walk, he deals bonus damage to his victim. - Lightning Shield range increased to 600 from 500. - Ensnare duration increased to 15 from 12, and range increased to 500 from 400. - Feral Spirit mana cost reduced to 75 from 100 and cooldown increased to 25 from 15. - Shockwave area of effect width reduced to 250 from 300. - Chain Lightning base damage reduced to 85/125/180 from 100/140/180. - Tauren Chieftain speed increased to 270 from 250. - The Tauren Chieftain now has a smaller collision size: 32 down from 48. This means that he takes up less space on the ground. - Wyvern hit points increased to 600 from 500. - Wyvern poison now lasts 25 seconds and deals 4 damage a second. - Headhunter cooldown reduced to 2.26 from 2.34. - Berserker Strength now requires a Stronghold instead of a Fortress. - Mirror Image cost reduced to 125 from 150.
Night Elves - Dryad damage increased from 15-17 to 16-18. - Entangle now prevents an affected unit from attacking, and interrupts channeling spells such as Blizzard and Starfall. However, its duration has been reduced to 12(3)/24(4)/36(5) (unit(Hero)). - Treants created by Force of Nature now benefit from the Nature's Blessing upgrade. - Mana Burn cooldown is now 7/6/5 seconds by level, down from 7/7/7 seconds by level. - Tranquility cooldown reduced to 60 from 120. - Tranquility mana cost reduced to 125 from 200. - Cyclone no longer affects mechanical units. - Rejuvenation can now be cast on units at full health. - Ancients now attack while rooted. - Hippogryph attack decreased from 1d9 + 37 to 1d7 + 31 to reflect new air pathing changes. - Chimaera splash increments reduced by 50 for quarter, 25 for half. This effectively means that Chimaeras will do less splash damage than previously.
Items - Items have been revamped with new level tables. Items now have a level from 1 to 8, along with one of several categories. Items of levels 1 to 6 can be charged items, permanent items, or powerups. Items of level 7 or higher are artifacts. Examples: Wand of Lightning Shield (charged), Stone Token (charged), Ring of Protection +2 (permanent), Tome of Strength +2 (powerup), Mask of Death (artifact). - You can now sell items at the Goblin Merchant by right-clicking on an item, and then "dropping" it onto a Goblin Merchant. - Scroll of Town Portal now takes 5 seconds to use. During this time it is being "channeled", and the Hero using it cannot be attacked or stunned. Under no circumstances can the town portal be aborted once started. - Wand of Illusion can no longer be cast on hostile units. This change was made to prevent players from cheesing high level creep camps by using Wand of Illusion on high level creeps, and then using this illusionary creep to tank the damage. - Boots of Speed no longer stack: two Boots of Speed will make a Hero just as fast as one.
Other - When "attack-moving", air units now prefer to attack other air units more often than previously. - Creeps that are not in combat now ignore flying units. This means that if you move flying units around using "move" instead of "attack move", creeps will generally not attack them. - Creeps can no longer be dragged via constant attacks--they eventually give up and return to their start location. - Goblin Sappers now deal 750 damage to buildings, 250 damage to all units, and 185 damage to Heroes. These values are reduced by armor values such as '5 armor', but do not interact with armor types (e.g. 'Medium armor'). - Units in a transport over ground will "spill out" over a wider area. This means that surrounding a webbed transport and killing it will generally not kill the passengers.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.07 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.10 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will not load from version 1.07.
- PATCH 1.06
Improved Counterability Unarmored Light Medium Heavy Fortified Hero Normal 100% 150% 100% 100% 50% 100% Piercing150% 75% 100% 150% 35% 50% Siege 150% 50% 100% 100% 150% 50% Magic 75% 100% 200% 100% 50% 50% Hero 100% 100% 100% 100% 50% 100%
You can find further information related to armor and damage types on our web site at http://www.battle.net/war3/basics/armorandweapontypes.shtml
Spellcaster Rebalance - Most spellcasters (Sorceress, Priest, Shaman, Witch Doctor, Necromancer, Banshee, Druid of the Talon) have been re-balanced. In general, units with piercing damage rip up spellcasters, while basic melee units, such as Ghouls or Footmen, are weak against spellcasters. The specific changes to the units in question are: * They have a new armor type, unarmored, which takes bonus damage from siege and piercing attacks. * They also have a new damage type, magic, which does reduced damage to fortified and hero armor, but does bonus damage against medium armor. * They had their damage adjusted, typically downwards. * They no longer gain damage as they go up in level, and gain less hitpoints as they go up in level (but start with more hitpoints when initially built) * Many autocast buffs and debuff costs reduced. * Casters, including Dryads, have had their mana regeneration rates boosted by 30%.
Hero Damage - Heroes now have an aptly named hero damage type. It deals 100% damage to everything except fortified armor, to which it deals 50% damage. Hero damage was added so that heroes no longer strongly counter ranged units such as Archers and Crypt Fiends.
Advanced Structures - Most advanced technology structures had their build times reduced. This reduction ranged from 20 seconds for especially underused structures, to 10 seconds for less underused structures. For instance, the Slaughterhouse builds 20 seconds faster now, while the Arcane Sanctum build time was only reduced 10 seconds.
Humans - Flares now cost 75/25 to research, down from 100/50. - Inner Fire cost increased to 35, from 25. - Slow cost reduced to 40 from 50. - Slow duration vs heroes reduced to 10 seconds from 20 seconds. - Thunderclap debuff is 50% at all levels, and lasts 5/3 at all levels.
Undead - Curse now causes a 33% chance to miss, up from 25%. - Curse now lasts 2 minutes, up from 1 minute. - Curse cost reduced to 40 mana from 50. - Web lasts 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds. - Carrion Swarm max damage increased to 375/700/1000 from 300/550/800. - Carrion Swarm no longer hits wards. - Boneyard cost reduced to 250/100 from 350/125. - Acolytes now have 220 health, up from 180. - Necropolis cost reduced to 300 gold, down from 350 gold. - Black Citadel now has 2000 hitpoints, down from 2300. - Halls of the Dead now has 1750 hitpoints, down from 2000.
Orcs - Bloodlust cost reduced from 50 mana to 40 mana. - Raiders now have light armor instead of heavy armor. - Raider Ensnare lasts 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds, and has a cooldown of 12 seconds, down from 20 seconds. - Bladestorm cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, down from 4 minutes.
Night Elves - Cyclone duration on units increased to 15 from 10. - Faerie Fire cost reduced to 35 from 75. - Chimaera Roost cost reduced to 230/70 from 280/100 - Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units. - Dryads now have the unarmored armor type. This change was made to further specialize Dryads as melee killers, but allow piercing damage units, such as Crypt Fiends and Archers, to counter them more effectively. - Dryad hitpoints increased to 435 from 380.
Other - All basic siege units (Mortar Teams, Catapults, etc.) have had their night sight increased to 1100 from 1000.
Creeps - Creep-cast Polymorph duration reduced to 25. - Creep autocast Heal heals 12 hp a cast not 15. - Lightning Lizards, Thunder Lizards and Storm Wyrms no longer friendly fire - their attacks only hit hostile targets. - Lightning Lizard damage reduced from 1d8 + 16 to 1d8 + 14 - Thunder Lizard damage reduced from 1d11+30 to 1d8+26. - Centaur Impaler hitpoints reduced to 350 from 450.
Items - Anhk of Reincarnation is now a level 7 item. - Potion of Restoration now heals 500 health and 200 mana, rather than fully replenishing a hero's health and mana. - Scroll of Restoration now heals 300 health and 150 mana, rather than fully replenishing all targets health and mana. - Tome of Experience is now a level 5 item - Scroll of Protection cost reduced to 150
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.05 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.06 version of Warcraft III).
- PATCH 1.05
- Fixed a problem with viewing certain replays.
- PATCH 1.04c
- Dates now use the system date format. - Fixed some issues related to IME text input. - Fixed some minor text wrapping issues that were occurring with Asian languages. - Fixed an issue that allowed players to keep Castles and Keeps alive for abnormal lengths of time while those buildings were under attack.
- PATCH 1.04
- Fixed an issue related to full shared unit control and allied play that could cause one or more players to lose the ability to train or upgrade their own units. - Fixed an issue that caused the experience point bars in Battle.net profiles to improperly reflect recently gained or lost points. - Fixed a graphic issue related to the ladder profile and the scroll bar.
Humans - Divine Shield duration increased to 15/30/45 from 10/20/30. - Divine Shield cooldown changed to 35/50/65 from 60/60/60. - Avatar cooldown increased to 180 from 120. - Resurrection mana cost reduced to 200 from 250. - Sorceress acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Slow is auto-cast.
Undead - Banshee acquisition range increased to 700 from 500, improving the frequency with which Curse is auto-cast. - Anti-magic Shell is once again dispellable. A summoned unit under a shell does not take damage from the dispel, but will lose the shell. - Anti-magic Shell mana cost reduced to 50 from 75. - Sleep duration decreased on Hero units to 5/10/15 from 10/20/30. - Web duration decreased on Hero units to 7 from 20. - Animate Dead mana cost reduced to 250 from 300. - Player-controlled Ghouls no longer turn off pathing against units when they are instructed to harvest lumber. - Possession now takes 1 second to cast, up from 0.
Orcs - Wards are no longer hit by Huntress Moon Glaive bounce. - Critical Strike no longer receives damage from Thorns Aura. However, the Blademaster's base attack associated with a Critical Strike still interacts with Thorns appropriately.
Night Elves - Thorns no longer interacts with Critical Strike. - Mana Burn mana cost reduced to 50 from 75. - Mana Burn drain amount reduced to 50/100/150 from 100/200/300. - Mana Burn cooldown reduced to 7 from 9. - Huntress damage reduced to 1d3+14 from 1d3+15. - Metamorphosis cooldown increased to 180 from 120. - Cyclone duration reduced to 10/5.5 from 30/6 (normal unit/Hero units). - Starfall cooldown increased to 180 from 120. - Druid of the Talon (in Night Elf form) acquisition range increased to 700 from 600, improving the frequency with which Faerie Fire is auto-cast. - Ballista Impaling Bolt no longer functions with "Attack Ground." - Ancient Protector cost reduced to 160/80 from 240/100. - Ancient Protector hit points increased to 600 from 550. - Ancient Protector armor decreased to 1 from 2. - Ancient Protector minimum range reduced to 0 from 200. - Ancient Protector ranged attack damage reduced to 1d10+44 from 1d13+51. - Ancient Protector damage type changed to pierce from siege. - Ancient Protector splash damage reduced.
Creeps - Murloc Mutant damage increased to 1d5+24 from 1d2+12.
- Many minor changes were made to many maps due to the balance changes made in patch 1.03 and patch 1.04. Some examples include: (4) Lost Temple - Added more shallow water to the islands. Center creep camp is a bit harder. Added Ogre Magi to the corner Ogre creep camps. (6) Moonglade - Reduced all creep camps approximately 2 levels. (8) The Crucible - All start locations should now be very similar, close to trees with enough room to build. All Goblin Merchant creep camps are now farther off the main path. (10) Dustwallow Keys - Fixed the choke point in the bottom left. Moved Razormane creeps off the main paths. (12) Ice Crown - Fixed the creep levels so that all camps are equal.
NOTES: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.03 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.04 version of Warcraft III.) Custom save games will not load from versions 1.03 and below.
- PATCH 1.03
- Each AI player can now be set to one of three different settings: Easy, Normal, and Insane. - Allied AI will teleport to human allies' towns when the towns are under attack. - Allied AI will ping the minimap to indicate where they are going to attack next. - Messages can now be sent when the "Waiting for Players" dialog is up. - Added PowerPC optimizations and MacOS X 10.2 specific acceleration to the graphics engine.
- Fixed an issue with building reimbursement that could credit a player twice for canceling a building. - Fixed a crash that could occur when the system date was set to > 2038. - Fixed map loading crash that could result from custom units that sell too many items. - Fixed crash with Avance Sound cards. The fix requires a minor change to your registry. If you are experiencing this problem, please contact our technical support staff. - Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a corrupted save file. - Fixed a crash that could occur on custom maps during some unit creation events. - Fixed an issue causing localized versions of maps to be passed unnecessar- ily. - Fixed Mass Teleport crash that could result from a target unit's dying before spell completes. - Fixed save/load map interaction that could result in an unresponsive game. - Fixed an issue related to unit selection and upgrading Human towers. - Fixed an issue with Dreadlord that could cause him to not take damage from Unholy Frenzy if he had the Sleep skill. - Fixed some AI mining issues that could occur when their original town hall was destroyed. - Fixed an AMM chat message bug that could disconnect you if an AMM team game message was sent just before game launch. - Fixed an issue that allowed players to save after choosing "Continue" in a single-player mission. - Fixed a supply issue related to the Demon Hunter and his Metamorphosis ability. - Fixed Zeppelin drop exploit as a method of building locating through fog of war. - Fixed an issue with saving while "Waiting for Players" dialog was up that could result in a soft lock. - Fixed an issue that could create an invincible Mountain King. - Fixed an issue related to graphical display of auras from aura-generating items. - Fixed an issue with Anti-magic Shell so it now properly interacts with magic-immune and non-magic-immune summoned units. - Fixed disappearance of Sentinel owl in conjunction w/ AOE-targeting circle. - Fixed an issue with Huntress' bouncing missile that would allow it to hit a secondary target even if it missed the primary target. - Fixed an issue with rooted Ancients that would cause them to trigger Goblin Land Mines. - Fixed an issue related to Hero illusions' carrying a Ring of Protection. - Fixed an issue with Town Portal spell art. - Fixed an issue with hit point/mana upgrades and Polymorph. - Fixed an issue with the Abolish Magic ability and allies. - Fixed an issue with poison that could kill a unit. Poison, by itself, should only take a unit to the brink of death. - Fixed an issue related to the interaction of Shift-adding units to a group and unit deaths. - Fixed an issue related to replays, selection circles, and changing player perspective. - Fixed an issue with Cyclone and moving units creating aerial footprints. - Fixed keyboard screen scroll and "Waiting for Players" interaction. - Fixed several minor text and tooltip issues. - Fixed a few improper combat sound assignments on creeps and NPCs. - Frost Wyrm attack now also slows air units. - AI Keepers of the Grove no longer cast Force of Nature on different cliff levels. - Night Elf AI now uses the Wisp's Renew ability effectively. - Disease (Plague) and poison no longer wake sleeping units. - Moon Glaive bounce no longer hits invisible units. - Demon Hunter's attack while in Demon Form no longer damages self or allies. - Upgraded building shadows no longer update through the fog of war. - Necklace of Spell Immunity no longer drops a Blademaster's Wind Walk. - Observers no longer gain full player UI when entering a loaded game. - Observers no longer get gold/lumber/supply UI when selecting neutral buildings. - Fog of war updates properly now if you are alt-tabbed out of game. - War3 now warns you when you save game or screenshot or profile if there's not enough available disk space. - Improved "We're Under Attack" messages so they trigger at more appropriate times.
WORLD EDITOR FIXES
- Fixed Macintosh World Editor crash. - Added Unit Editor field for building upgrades. - Increased number of possible dialog buttons from 5 to 12. - Added blank entries for all units that don't normally have abilities or attacks, allowing a user to potentially add these through the Unit Editor. - Added Unit Editor field to set unit sounds to that of another unit type. - Reorganized limits on pre-placed neutral units. Neutral hostile buildings now count towards the "unit" limit of 512, and only passive buildings count towards the "building" limit of 96. - Fixed bug where map auto-save could bypass object limit checks. - Fixed Sound Editor bug that would sometimes delete an imported sound file from the map if it was imported from outside the War3 directory and the Test Map feature was used before the map was saved. - Fixed force issue that would cause Force 11 when you selected Force 10 for a trigger in the editor.
Humans - Brilliance Aura has been reworked, and is no longer % based. It now adds a fixed amount of mana per second to units under its power -- .75, 1.5, and 2.25 respectively by level. While it's just as effective with mass spell- casters, players will find it is less powerful (though still exceedingly useful) with Heroes. - Divine Shield now costs 25 mana, down from 75. - Blizzard no longer goes up in radius as the level of the ability increases. - Water elementals now last 60 seconds, down from 75.
Undead - Gargoyles' ground attack was substantially upgraded. They now do 21-24 damage, up from 16-18 damage. They also have less armor (3, down from 5), but also hit harder against air units, doing 51-63 damage, up from 46-57 damage. Note that they are still just as effective against air units as they were before, but their ground attack has been much improved. - Death Pact now costs 50 mana (down from 75), and can be cast twice as frequently as before (15 seconds cooldown from 30). - Lich Heroes now have far more hit points, as they now have 15 str + 2/level, up from 13 + 1.6/level. - Frost Armor is now an auto-cast spell which will target units under attack if auto-casting is enabled. Frost Armor also costs less mana -- 40 down from 50. - The Spirit Tower Upgrade now costs 160/40, up from 120/40. - Crypt Fiends' attack was slightly improved.
Orcs - Headhunters have more hit points (350, up from 280), but also strike more slowly. - Stasis Trap no longer stuns friendly units, but has a shorter duration (6 seconds, down from 12 seconds). Stasis Traps, when they are set off, also destroy other Stasis Traps within their area of effect. - Kodo Beasts now have 1000 hit points, up from 790 hit points. They also attack more slowly than before. - Orc Barracks cost less lumber: 50, down from 70. - Watch Towers now do 16-18 damage, down from 19-22 damage. - Grunts now have 700 hit points, up 20 from 680. - Shaman's attack is far less powerful. They attack somewhat more slowly, and also do 11-12 damage, down from 14-16 damage. - Stasis Ward and Sentry Ward no longer inhibit movement or building construction.
Night Elves - Sentinel can now be removed from a tree with various dispels (Wand of Negation, Dryads, etc.), as well by attacking the tree with a peon or siege unit (previously, the tree had to be destroyed -- now it merely has to be damaged). - Mana Burn no longer affects units with Mana Burn (Demon Hunters, Satyr Soulstealers, Felhounds, etc.). - Thorns is now a %-based ability that reflects 10%, 20% or 30% of melee damage dealt by level. - Wisp's sight radius increased by 25%. - Detonate now does 225 damage against summoned creatures, up from 150. - Non-tree buildings now have 5 armor, up from 2. - Ballistae now have an "Attack Ground" command. - Force of Nature cooldown reduced to 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds. - Treants now last 60 seconds, down from 75 seconds. - Eating trees now gives a constant, non-stacking healing effect for 10 seconds. - Moon Wells now spend mana on health and mana replenishment separately. For instance, if you sent a 0-mana, nearly dead Demon Hunter to a Moon Well, and the Moon Well had 100 mana, your DH would gain 25 mana, and 100 health. Before, the Hero would gain 200 health and 50 mana. This change does not affect the benefits of healing a unit without mana.
Creeps - All melee creeps in between levels 1 and 5 are slightly more powerful. - All creeps of level 6 or higher now have Hero magic resistance. - Creeps of level 7 or higher will behave more intelligently in general. - All creeps of level 7 or higher now deal Chaos damage. - Level 10 Dragons no longer have spell immunity. - Many minor creep balance tweaks to damage and abilities. - Mercenaries are now more accurately priced in general, which in most cases amounts to price decreases.
Items - Scepter of Mastery no longer will drop randomly in multiplayer maps. - Tome of Power, Mask of Death both increased in level (8 to 9 and 8 to 10 respectively). - Wand of Lightning Shield is now a level-3 item, down from level 6. - Sentry Ward item now comes with 3 charges, down from 5. - Periapt of Vitality now gives 150 hps, up from 100. - Pendant of Mana now gives 250 mana, down from 300. - Tome of Experience now gives Heroes 150 experience points, down from 200.
NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.02 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.03 version of Warcraft III.)
- PATCH 1.02a
- Added localized Battle.net messages.
- PATCH 1.02
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to abuse dragons with Devour. - Fixed an issue with dragons that could cause them to divert attacks.
- Necklace of Immunity, Tome of Greater Experience, and Goblin Land Mines no longer randomly drop in multiplayer games. - Scroll of Resurrection & Scroll of Animate Dead item level increased. - Bridges are no longer destroyable on the (6)Stromguarde.w3m map.
NOTE: Replays are incompatible between major game revisions. (1.01 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.02 version of Warcraft III.)
- PATCH 1.01c
- Fixed an issue with copy protection for certain DVD drives.
- PATCH 1.01b - Fixed a problem where players were disconnected from a game as it was starting and thus getting a loss.
- PATCH 1.01
** Welcome to Warcraft III and improved Battle.net! **
This patch contains various data and code updates necessary for play on Battle.net as well as some minor balance changes.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!