Changes in the Reign of Chaos version 1.13 Patch 1.13: FEATURES • Warcraft III now supports binding an email address to your Battle.net account so that you can recover your password at a later stage, similar to the functionality that was added to D2. MAPS • (2)Plunder Isle - Added some ground-based anti-air units to the Dragon camps; also added some trees to the top start location. • (4)Lost Temple - Adjusted item drop in center area. Expansion gold mines should be a bit tougher. Each player's expansion gold mine now has one melee creep. The Goblin Merchant camp is now tougher and has anti-air. BALANCE CHANGES • Human o Storm Bolt stun is now 5 seconds vs. units and 3 seconds vs. Heroes at all levels. Previously, it had this level of stun at level 1, but went up 2 seconds vs. units and one second vs. Heroes each level. Additionally, level-2 and level-3 damage are now 225 and 350, respectively. o Blizzard is now damage capped. This damage cap is invoked when Blizzard hits more than 5 targets. o Holy Light mana cost reduced to 65 from 75.
• Orc o Stasis Trap area of effect reduced to 400 from 500. o Shockwave now has a damage cap of roughly 12 units affected. Note that this limit will not typically be reached except in team games.
• Night Elf o Detonate mana drain reduced to 50 from 100. o Eating trees now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds, up from 200 hit points over 10 seconds.
• Neutral Buildings and Units o Creep Bloodlust mana cost increased to 75 from 50. o Creeps with Faerie Fire always use the creep version of Faerie Fire now. Additionally, creep Faerie Fire cooldown increased to 8 from 5. o Creep Curse cooldown increased to 8 from 5. o Thunder Lizard cost increased to 6 food from 5, and 150 lumber from 80 lumber.
• Items o Sentry Wards now have 2 charges, down from 3. o Anti-magic Potion duration increased to 15 from 10. o Healing Wards and Ankh of Reincarnation are now level-4 items (down from 5). o Red Drake Egg, Stone Token and Spiked Collar are now level-5 items, up from level 4.
• Other o We have made modifications to how gold is mined. Although these changes are somewhat difficult to describe, the effect is that in almost all cases, 5 peons are required for an Orc or Human to mine a gold mine at maximum efficiency (assuming the town hall equivalent is as close as possible). WORLD EDITOR FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS • General o Map-specific option for game data set to be used (custom vs. melee). o Model selection dialog now includes all doodad/destructible variations. o Added preference for "Automatically zoom Previewer to fit new models" (Visual tab). o Added "Advanced->Reset Fixed Object Heights" option. (Turn off to preserve any fixed object heights [set via ctrl-page up/down] while moving them.) o Increased maximum texture space for tilesets (was 12, now 13).
• Trigger Editor o Increased maximum length of trigger comments (was 640, now 2048). o "Event Response - Triggering Player" is now valid during "Dialog - Dialog Button Click" events. o Added special doodad animation tags "show" and "hide". o Added Map Flag value "Observers on defeat".
• Sound Editor o Added Edit->Find command (works on sound/music list and variable list).
• Object Editor o Option to sort objects by name only (View->Sort Objects By Name). o Holding down Shift while modifying a numerical value will disable all min/max limits for that field (use with caution; this can potentially crash the game!). o Tech Item dialog allows selection of special multi-unit "Equivalents" (any Altar, etc.). o New unit fields for tier-based tech tree requirements. WORLD EDITOR FIXES • General o Item Tables dialog is accessible from Unit Properties dialog. o Pre-placed summoned units count towards creep camp minimap icons. o "Extra->Cinematic Arthas" model file reference is invalid. o Game lock-up when decreasing level of "Attribute Bonus" ability. o Excessive performance loss when units and start locations overlap. o Doodad "fixed height" status is not preserved across undo operations. o Pre-placed random units may have their team color set to red in game, regardless of owner. o Unit Properties dialog does not display mana value for buildings with mana. o Moving a start location which is on top of another start location can cause duplicate start locations. o Random Group references used for dropped items are not displayed properly in the Object Manager. o View menu does not always refresh properly after changing layers. o Advanced->Adjust Cliff Levels does not adjust water height along withterrain.
• Trigger Editor o Unit event "Uses an item" does not fire for items with unlimited charges. o Attempting to enable a trigger does not properly validate that the trigger script compiles. o Action "Skip Remaining Actions" can cause compile errors if used as a parameter to another function. o "Event Response - Target Point Of Issued Order" becomes reset after a "Wait" action. o Function menu appears in the dialog for setting variable initial values. o "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting" option does not work for "Set Variable" actions. o Deleting functions may corrupt the strings within other "cut" functions (manifest after pasting). o "Event Response - Learned Skill Level" result is off by one for all levels greater than one. o Variables dialog sorting by Initial Value does not sort properly. o Map Flag value "Observer chat" is obsolete and causes compile errors.
• Sound Editor o There is no way to remove imported sounds.
• Object Editor o Custom "Required Animation Names" values do not display properly in the editor (works in game). o Character limit on extended tooltip fields is too small (was 300, now 1024). o Custom values of "Techtree - Requirements - Levels" field are not loaded properly in game. o Hotkey field not allowed to be empty. o Changing an object "category" does not automatically refresh the field list, if necessary. o "Stats - Build Time" values less than 8 cause Heroes to be unable to revive. o Object tabs do not always refresh properly after importing "all" object data file. o Buildings with no pathing map crash the game. o Auto Fill dialog allows any character for hotkey fields. o "Art - Scaling Value" is not applied to building placement cursor in game. o Pasting "True" values over "False" values does not work. NOTES: • Replays are incompatible between major game revisions (1.12 replays cannot be viewed with the 1.13 version of Warcraft III). Custom save games will not load from version 1.12.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!