First off this is my very first mapping adventure. This map was inspired by hearing a story about a heavy water plant in Norway. The Germans were planning on using this water for their nuclear program. The Allies were unable to bomb this plant and sent in a group of commandos to blow up the plant. (I believe I have gottent this part correct!) Anyway I have taken some liberty to this story in creating this map. The mission is to build explosives inside of a dam upstream from this heavy water plant. The dam is creating electricity for the plant. Blowing the dam will eliminate their electricity and the rush of water will destroy the plant.
1. This is the first public realease. I have tested this with 3 players and also at a couple of lan parties. I believe the most we have had in the map at one time was 10 players.
2. Known Problems
* For some reason I have not been able to fix the top of my sky! Any suggestions would be appreaciated! * Map is dark in areas. Shadows in the mountains! It is the way I designed it! * Lights for the electric fence switches do not reflect the state of the fence after the controls have been blown and rebuilt. (this possible is more realistic as things sometimes are not the same after being destroyed and rebuilt) * Activating the explosives at the end may take a few pushes. Also, it was designed to keep the Axis from triggering the explosives, but it may. Advice: Axis players don't touch it! * I think I have clipped all areas where players could be trapped. * The sound alerts are terrible!!! I am working on replacing or eliminating. 3. Thank Yous
* Benfun7 for the command post prefabs * Drakir for stair prefabs * Sock for his postings and work on the LDR * Everyone else that has posted on the Splash Damage forums. The answers are out there, it just may take some searching and tweeking.
4. Map is available through my own website at http://myweb.cableone.net/pbolyard/maps/etmain/rjuken_beta4_1a.zip
5. Feedback, reviews, suggestions can be mailed to [email protected]
There are no comments yet. Be the first!