The map is based on the real life scenario of the commando raid on the dry dock at St Nazaire (NW France), the dry dock was essential in the plans of the Axis forces to cut off the supply routes across the Atlantic. The sister ship of the Bismark the Tirpitz was the ship capable of doing this, but the only dry dock large enough to cope with the repairs of such a ship was St Nazaire.
So in March 1942 the Allied forces came up with Operation Chariot a plan to disable the dry dock leaving the Tirpitz no safe haven. The Allied troops disguised the HMS Campbelltown as a German gun ship and sailed right up the estuary ramming the ship right into the front of the dry dock gates, the hull of the ship was filled with explosives on a delay fuse. Whilst the ship was firmly wedged into the "caisson" the troops raided the dock blowing up the winding equipment for the docks thus disabling it from use for some time.
- Spawn at either the Old Mole or on board the HMS Campbelltown
- Troops spawning at the Campbelltown should blow the harbour wall for easier access
- The door to south winding house needs to be blown
- The South winding equipment can then be blown
- The forward spawn in the warehouse allows quicker route through
- The north winding house door can be barricaded by the Axis troops (satchel destroyable)
- The north winding equipment can then be blown to win the game.
- Spawn at either the warehouse forward spawn point or Axis Garrison
- Build the North winding house barricade
- Defend the Winding equipment on both south and north
There is a neutral command post for either team to control.
Due to the water on this level it does give the ability to take differing routes therefore keeping the chances of an Axis dominance over the map down.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!