This file is currently missing from GameFront!
Do you have this file? We encourage you to re-upload this file for the benefit of the community.
Do you need this file? Please submit a support ticket so that we can prioritize restoring this file for you.
The timebonus_0_92.zip file you have requested: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory / Mods / Time Bonus - 765KB is not available. Perhaps try browsing all files for the game Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and upload any files you want to share or are missing.
We are calling on our community to help submit files that were previously hosted on GameFront / FileFront but are now missing.
If you have this file, please upload it using the form below (please ensure the filename and filesize match) and we shall do the rest.
0. Introduction: Initial idea by Jahuu, http://forums.ardiem.net/viewtopic.php?t=174 Thanks to Dr_Asskick for helping me developing this into a functioning form. Original scripts created by splash damage(TM), http://www.splashdamage.com for Wolfenstein(TM) Enemy Territory(TM), http://games.activision.com/games/wolfenstein
1. Version control: For comments/suggestions/bug reports e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org My addtions/changes inside the scripts are marked with: *add*
Created by: Ragnar-X-, 2003-09-04 Version:0.92 Last change: 2003-09-21 Change Log: + Ragnar-X-, 2003-09-04, v0.90 - Scripts created after an idea from Jahuu. + Ragnar-X-, 2003-09-07, v0.91 - Added custom sounds (4 for attacker, 3 for defender) that will randomly played, when a timebonus is awarded. - Additionally fixed some minor variable naming issues. - Fixed some typos. + Ragnar-X-, 2003-09-20, v0.92 - Changed scripts to match ET v1.02. - Adjusted XP for serval objectives, see section 5 for a complete list. - Changed some time boni, see section 5 for a complete list. - Changed volume of some sounds.
2. Description: TimeBonus.pk3 includes modified scripts for the 6 maps that came with Enemy Territory(TM) to implement a time bonus system. When a specific objective is completed a timebonus is applied (see section 5 below). The boni are applied only once: when the objective is accomplished for the first time. Maps are starting with 50% of the original map time. The maximum time, including all timeboni, is always 110% of the original map time. When a timebonus is awarded, a text message is displayed. Additionally a sound is played. The boni will be listed in the briefing (changed arena files) and will be listed in console after the map start. These modifications should be compatible with any source code mods, like shrub or ET-Pro, since TimeBonus.pk3 only modifies the map scripts. ATTENTION: These modifications require Enemy Territory(TM) version 1.02. If you want do use TimeBonus.pk3 together with an earlier version of Enemy Territory(TM) use TimeBonus.pk3 version 0.91.
3. Installation Extract the file "TimeBonus.pk3" from the .zip-file and place it into the "etmain" subdirectory of your Enemy Territory installation directory. Usually no manual installation is required when the server has autodownload enabled. When the TimeBonus-modifications are not loaded try to disable "pak1.pk3" inside your subdirectory "etmain" (e.g. by renaming it to to "pak1.tmp" or moving it to another directory).
4. Deinstallation Delete the file "TimeBonus.pk3" from the "etmain" subdirectory of your Enemy Territory(ET) installation directory. When you disabled "pak1.pk3", enable it again (e.g. by renaming it back from "pak1.tmp" to "pak1.pk3" or copy it back to the "etmain" subdirectory).
5. Map changes:
5.1. Oasis: + Original time: 30 min + Initial time: 15 min + Maximal time: 33 min + Timeboni: - Allies capture the Old City Flag:+ 3 min - Allies destroy Old City Wall:+10 min - Allies destroy the First Anti-Tank Gun: + 5 min + Additional changes: - After the Old City Wall is breached, the XP for constructing/destroying the Oasis Water Pump (this is the first one) is set to 0 XP.
5.2. Battery: + Original time: 20 min + Initial time: 10 min + Maximal time: 22 min + Timeboni: - Allies construct Assault Ramp: +6 min - Allies destroy Generator:+3 min - Allies capture West Bunker: +2 min - Allies build Command Post:+1 min
5.3. Gold rush: + Original time: 30 min + Initial time: 15 min + Maximal time: 33 min + Timeboni: - Tank stolen:+3 min - Tank passed barrier 1:+3 min - Tank passed barrier 2:+4 min - First Gold Crate secured: +4 min - Second Gold Crate secured: +3 min - Truck passed barrier 1: +1 min
5.4. Radar: + Original time: 20 min + Initial time: 10 min + Maximal time: 22 min + Timeboni: - Main door breached:+5 min - Side door breached:+3 min - 1st Radar Part secured: +4 min + Additional changes: - After the Main Door is breached, the XP for constructing/destroying the Axis Road MG (the MG42 nest near the ammo/health shelves near the Allied spawn) is reduced to 2 XP.
5.5. Railgun: + Original time: 30 min + Initial time: 15 min + Maximal time: 33 min + Timeboni: - Tug reached Depot Yard:+12 min - Ammo is transported to North Crane: + 4 min - Ammo loaded on Railgun:+ 2 min + Additional changes: - After the Ammo is loaded on the Railgun, the XP for constructing/destroying the Depot Yard MG is reduced to 1 XP.
5.6. Fueldump: + Original time: 30 min + Initial time: 15 min + Maximal time: 33 min + Timeboni: - Destruction of Sewer Grate:+1 min - Construction of Footbridge:+1 min - Tank is past Bridge:+2 min - Destruction of Tunnel Door:+4 min - Destruction of Depot Gate:+6 min - Destruction of Depot Side Wall: +4 min + Additional changes: - After the Tunnel Door is breached: * The XP for constructing/destroying the Footbridge is reduced to 3 XP. * The XP for constructing/destroying the Bridge is reduced to 3 XP. * The XP for constructing/destroying the the Allied Road MG (the MG nest near the Allied ammo/health shelves) is reduced to 3 XP. - After the Depot Gate is breached: * The XP for constructing/destroying the Footbridge is reduced to 0 XP. * The XP for constructing/destroying the Bridge is reduced to 0 XP. * The XP for constructing/destroying the the Allied Road MG (the MG nest near the Allied ammo/health shelves) is reduced to 0 XP. * The XP for constructing the Axis command Post is increased to 10 XP. The XP for destroying it is unchanged (7.5 XP).
6. FAQ + Question: The mod weights against the defending team. If there was a way that they could reduce the time, like on Oasis destroying the pumps, or in Railgun, destroying the Gun Controls, that'd be more like it.
+ Answer: I don't think so. You start with 50% of the original map time (10/15 min. instead of 20/30 min.). So when the defenders can hold at least one objective, for which a time bonus is awarded, the map time will be usually shorter the within vanilla ET. And even when the attackers collect all time boni, the map time will only last 2 or 3 minutes longer then the unchanged timelimit (22/33 min. instead of 20/30 min.). So you have a gain of 2 or 3 min. for the attacker on the one side and the chance to hold the enemy at a specific objective (until the time runs out) for the defender on the other side. I think that balances it out. The problem with time reducing is, that you must add time before (e.g. for building the Oasis Water Pump) before you can reduce it. If you don't do this (e.g. Allies build the pump - Axis destroy the pump - decrease timelimit), the attacker will be punished (for building the pump). But that would lead to a constant coming and going: time increased - time decreased. Players will get problems to keep track of it, so more than 4 or 5 changes of the timelimit (in one direction: increase) during a round are no good for gameplay (imho).
+ Question: In railgun, when you get the first tug loaded, you get 12 minutes. Isn't that a bit much?
+ Answer: On railgun the attacker (Axis) have only a small number of objectives: 1. Capturing the flag - nice to have but not that important (unless the Allies start to spawn camp you). Additionally it can be far to easy achieved without getting shot (right after spawn). 2. Building the Depot Yard MG - same like #1 3. Defending the Gun Controls - the controls are not needed until the ammo is loaded on the gun, and then you get a timebonus for loading the ammo on the gun (-> #6). And pressing the button to fire the gun after the controls are repaired takes only seconds - so no time bonus needed. 4. Riding the tug to the Depot Yard. 5. Riding the tug back. 6. Loading the ammo on the gun. 7. Command post. Maybe I could award a timebonus here, but the command post is to easy to destroy for the Allies and Axis have no real benefit from constructing it (despite of the lower recharge times). The command post on Battery is another thing: Allies can spawn there and its on the other side of the map. That leaves me 3 objectives where I could apply a bonus. And I had to hand out 18 min. as bonus: - 4 min. for riding the tug with the ammo back: that should be enough (otherwise the defender would have an disadvantage) - 2 min. for loading the ammo finally on the gun: that should be enough too (otherwise the defender would have an disadvantage) So that leaves me with 12 min. left, which I awarded for riding the tug to the Depot Yard. And honestly: Axis have 15 min. for riding the tug to the depot yard and 12 min. to ride it back. What is more difficult?
7. Copyright: Authors may use this these scripts as a base to create their own modification or map scripts for ENEMY TERRITORY(TM) ONLY. The contained scripts are modified versions of the original Enemy Territory(TM) ones, and as such they can only be re-used for Enemy Territory(TM)-based maps/mods.
This file and the other in this .zip-file included files may not be distributed with any modifications.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!