Suppose you need to find a couple more people to do a dungeon run, but there's no one looking in the automated LFG, your guild is busy, and none of your friends are on. You may even have asked in general chat, on the trade channel, and yelled in a major city, but no one is responding.
The last resort, we all know, is doing a /who and whispering people who would compliment the group you have already. Sending a lot of whispers is easy with cut and paste, but keeping track of the replies is enough to drive you mad. This mod does all of these things and helps you keep organized. It makes sure you don't ask anyone twice and that no response gets lost in the flood of replies.
Other features include:
* A do not invite list, so you don't bother whispering those people you'd rather not group with.
* Buttons for common responses, like 'No problem. Sorry to have bothered you.' and a description of the classes and levels you have so far in your group.
* A small chat window for talking to one user at a time, without the clutter of incoming messages from other respondees.
* Type '/pw' to pull up Polite Whisper.
* PW includes a (probably incomplete) list of dungeons and battlegrounds. Users in any of these locations will not show up in the query, to keep you from pestering people who are busy. e-mail me with the correct spellings (as they appear on the /who page) of any instances I've missed and I'll add them in.
* PW will not pester anyone again who has responded to an earlier whisper. PW will re-add players who do not respond for 10 minutes (5 minutes if they were AFK at the time of the first whisper) to the list and allow you to pester them again.
Patch Notes * Fixed the button stacking so can press the search button easier. * Added the battlegrounds to the instance list. Known Bugs with this version * English only. e-mail me if you are fluent in English and another language and would like to help me internationalize PW. * Only version 0.1, so there may be more bugs to find. * Doesn't handle raids yet, only 5 man parties. * The chat window doesn't wrap text, so it looks pretty dumb when you get a long reply. * ESC does not close the window. I believe that the ESC key is getting sent to one of the text edit fields, and I don't know how to trap that. Feel free to e-mail me with a patch if you find one. * Subset searches are not submitted when a /who query returns a truncated result set. * PW interferes with other mods that do a /who query, like CensusPlus. If you run such a mod, you will need to pause it before using PW. Once PW finishes searching, you can start your census again. In the future, I may make this automatically pause a census, but that could be a lot of work. Please e-mail me and let me know if you think this would be an important feature. * There is only one invitation text string currently. A random list would be more effective.
There are no comments yet. Be the first!